What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FTA (9) Stats

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Interesting stats here, not sure if they've been published

Rounds 1-25, 2004

Free To Air Channel 9 League Coverage (by team):
Rooters - 12 games (8 Friday, 2 Sunday)
Bulldogs - 12 games (6 Friday, 6 Sunday)
Boncos - 11 games (7 Sunday, 4 Friday)
Panties - 11 games (8 Friday, 3 Sunday)
Dragqueens - 12 games (7 Friday, 5 Sunday)
Storm - 7 games (5 Sunday, 2 Friday)
Raiders - 2 games (1 Sunday, 1 Friday)
ShireScum - 4 games, all Sunday
Cows - 1 game, Sunday
Noughts - 8 games (5 Friday, 3 Sunday)
Doesntmatta - 4 games (3 Sunday, 1 Friday)
Tigpies - 5 games (3 Friday, 2 Sunday)
Bunnies - 1 game, Sunday
Worryings - 3 games (2 Sunday, 1 Friday)
Manlyscum - 3 games, all Sunday

It's interesting to note that a team in poor form like Newcastle continues to receive generous coverage. I guess it depends on the quality of the draw but surely teams like Cronulla Canberra and the Cowboys even deserve more airtime.

What you all think in light of that?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
You forgot to put in a funny name for your team.

I suggest Bullshits.

But yes, it is annoying that dud teams still get Channel 9 games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL, I couldn't think of anything funny for the Storm either.

Anyway, the point of my post isn't to mock team names, it's to see how incompetent nine are.

Fair call Dodge,

One thing I'd like to point out is that I am tired of Friday night matches for the Rooters ;-) More saturday night or sunday artie fixtures please! give the Friday games to the Cows.

JK

It entrenches favourable attendence figures to give the same teams Friday night games over and over again (and I say this as a team given 3 home Friday night games).

There should be a minimum coverage clause in the next contract ensuring
- sponsor exposure
- crowd revenue

pcpp

Juniors
Brisbane viewers get every single Broncos game regardless of what day (even Saturday games - we've had 2 this year and have at least 2 more)....

Sunday bronco games will replace whatever game they have in NSW ;)

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Thats pretty good. That used to be the same with NBN for the Newcastle Knights but doesnt happen anymore i dont think.

Earl

Coach
pepstar87 said:
Thats pretty good. That used to be the same with NBN for the Newcastle Knights but doesnt happen anymore i dont think.

Last year if the Newcastle game wasn't a channel 9 game they would show it on a Saturday or sunday night.

Hasn't happened once this year though.

greeneyed

First Grade
Channel 9 Sydney doesn't care about the Raiders and it is typical treatment of us. Our position on the ladder makes it obvious we should have had more games FTA.... and the Cowboys certainly should have too.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
greeneyed said:
Channel 9 Sydney doesn't care about the Raiders and it is typical treatment of us. Our position on the ladder makes it obvious we should have had more games FTA.... and the Cowboys certainly should have too.

Conspiracy?

:lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
greeneyed said:

Conspiracy?

It is deliberate Sydney bias... the Tigers are on many more times than their position on the ladder would warrant.... the Cowboys are particularly harshly treated.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
greeneyed said:
hybrid_tiger said:
greeneyed said:

Conspiracy?

It is deliberate Sydney bias... the Tigers are on many more times than their position on the ladder would warrant.... the Cowboys are particularly harshly treated.

Is the NRL involved? Should we commission an enquiry into this blatant, corrpt bias?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Great post dodge, especially from a dogs supporter. It is deffinately Sydney bias, just look at some of the score lines - they want games that rate even if they are a 54-0 flogging. I reckon it is a deliberate ploy that they select game fixtures 5 weeks in advance so they can justify televising any shitty matches. You can't temm how 90% of games will shape up 5 weeks out. Games like grand final rematches and games that are being replayed after an earlier very close game generally are exciting games but the rest you have no idea about.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Earl said:
pepstar87 said:

Last year if the Newcastle game wasn't a channel 9 game they would show it on a Saturday or sunday night.

Hasn't happened once this year though.

Probably because WIN can't afford to buy the Newcastle games of Ch.Nein anymore.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
greeneyed said:
hybrid_tiger said:
greeneyed said:

Conspiracy?

Is the NRL involved? Should we commission an enquiry into this blatant, corrpt bias?

We should commission a enquiry into your spelling. :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
hybrid_tiger said:
greeneyed said:
hybrid_tiger said:
greeneyed said:

Conspiracy?

We should commission a enquiry into your spelling. :lol:

It's quite sad when one stoops so low as to laugh at his own jokes. ;-)

Good to see you are nit-picking my posts. Havent you got anything better to do spelling nazi?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
It's quite sad when one stoops so low as to laugh at his own jokes.

Good to see you are nit-picking my posts. Havent you got anything better to do spelling nazi?

Go talk to innsaneink and ask him the same question. His your loser friend too! :lol: :roll: Plus haven't you got anything better to do than stalk Raiders fans? The moment a Raiders fan posted in this thread, you trolled your way in. :roll:

Raider Azz

Bench
Speaking of people who laugh at their own jokes, hey #1, who does this remind you of:

Cheers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts