What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui Fui not released

Nah........ if it were a Full blooded test with all NZ players then we should release him but if its just a micky mouse 2nd grade test... then why should Parra be affected and the rest of the NRL teams not.

I dont think the dogs would release Sonny or Roy.

mickdo

Coach
NZ did originally say they would only request players who weren't regular first graders, so we are well within our rights to say no IMO.

Jake the snake said:
Nah........ if it were a Full blooded test with all NZ players then we should release him but if its just a micky mouse 2nd grade test... then why should Parra be affected and the rest of the NRL teams not.

I dont think the dogs would release Sonny or Roy.

how can it be a full strength team if teams like the eels, roosters don't release their players.

if they arn't going to release guys like fuifui moimoi then i don't see them releasing their stars. international league back down in the gutter yet again cause of nrl/esl clubs.

The Colonel

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
how can it be a full strength team if teams like the eels, roosters don't release their players.

if they arn't going to release guys like fuifui moimoi then i don't see them releasing their stars. international league back down in the gutter yet again cause of nrl/esl clubs.

A whole two players isn't going to make much of a difference. :crazy:

International League is in the gutter because of the farcical selection and eligibility rules. Fui being of Tongan heritage and all just lends to that ;-)

The Colonel said:

International League is in the gutter because of the farcical selection and eligibility rules. Fui being of Tongan heritage and all just lends to that ;-)

so no one can play for new zealand cause of their parents and higher came from overseas, u know nz haven't been populated all the time. hindmarsh should not play for aussie as he has scottish heritage.

Scott

Bench
I'd say by not releasing Moimoi, Parramatta may be behaviourhindering his chances of future NZ representation.

The Kiwi coach doesn't like this sort of behaviour from either the club or the player.

Case in point - Sione Faumauina.

The Colonel

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
so no one can play for new zealand cause of their parents and higher came from overseas, u know nz haven't been populated all the time. hindmarsh should not play for aussie as he has scottish heritage.

Fui was born in Tonga ya goof.;-)

Hindy was born in Australia.

Karmichael Hunt should be playing for NZ. Where both Jason and Nathan Cayless should be playing for Australia as they were born in Wentworthville.

Quite simple really. When they get that fixed up then it will be properly international as opposed to who you have the better chance of playing for..

James_Hardie

Juniors
Tell Great Britian and NZ to play the test in New Zealand! You'll have Jim Bean Cup players in the GB side because the ESL sides aren't going to release all their stars to come down here!

Stupid timing really.

Tank30

Juniors
We should let him play...It is wrong that the big fella has a chance to represent and is not allowed to.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
why dont they just let him do what he wants

it should be up to Fui, not others

btaag

Juniors
Every sport has similar rules about eligibility (look at the Japanese Soccer team with 'Alex" who was born and raised in Brazil, or the Mexican soccer team which has two Argentinians, or the Wallabies who have Tuquiri, and had Noriega who were fijian and Argentinian respectively).
I guess one problem with League internationals is how unimportant they are compared to the important games - the NRL and State of Origin.
Hopefully Fui gets a call-up at the end of the year - Chief Harragon gave him a big rap on the footy show.

Utey

Coach
The Colonel said:

Well why hasnt Tonga developed their players? If International league had some structure we might see more emerging nations rather then the sh*t they are dishing up atm.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I don't see the problem in realising him

Parra have the bye this week so it's not like Fui would miss any games.

the only reason I can see for him not being allowed to play is the chance he might get injured or even cop a suspension out of the test match but then again he could also stay in Australia and get hurt as training during the week so there is still the risk

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Well why hasnt Tonga developed their players? If International league had some structure we might see more emerging nations rather then the sh*t they are dishing up atm.

We'd see more emerging nations if the bigger nations didn't keep snapping them up ;-)