What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui Fui not released

Hurriflatch

Referee
The Colonel said:
We'd see more emerging nations if the bigger nations didn't keep snapping them up ;-)

Does that mean that you think that Victoria would be playing in the State of Origin if NSW didn't claim Tahu and Dean Pay??

scottyeel

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
I don't see the problem in realising him

Parra have the bye this week so it's not like Fui would miss any games.

the only reason I can see for him not being allowed to play is the chance he might get injured or even cop a suspension out of the test match but then again he could also stay in Australia and get hurt as training during the week so there is still the risk
The test is plyaed on Tuesday 27th June, so the club probably feel he would miss the game after flying home to ready for Saturday. they probably feel it's too greater risk with our origin players already out.

Hurriflatch

Referee
27th is Tuesday night

gets a Wednesday morning flight

back in Aust Thursday night

2 days to recover for the game v Raiders

Utey

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
27th is Tuesday night

gets a Wednesday morning flight

back in Aust Thursday night

2 days to recover for the game v Raiders

Isnt the game in England? Ever been jet lagged?

scottyeel

Bench
Yeah don't worry about any recovery sessions or jet lag, you're right Fui get out there and play.
The right decision was made IMO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
jet lag is a myth.

Exactly!

When I was younger, I used to travel from Barcelona (or Santiago, Oss or Helsinki) to Sydney every X-mas. Never suffered from it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Morley is flying out the day after the chooks game, with one days preparation, then flying back

he said Stacey Jones did it, so he can do it.

Skinner

Coach
I just hope that Fui can maintain form that gives him a shot at the real thing
at the end of the year.

Cheers

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
no you wouldnt...

bullsh*t. If they made the eligibility rules more concrete there wouldn't be half the issues and we may see teams being fielded from other countries outside of representative sides made up of players who have never even set foot in the country they are playing for.

The three big nations - Australia, NZ and Great Britain are too insular and only have their own interests at hand by selecting players from different nationalities.

Just because a club doesn't see fit to allow one player to represent a country that isn't even the country of his birth you're all up in arms. Have a look at the big picture and you'll understand the problems facing rep football come from a competition where the biggest focus is on NSW and Qld instead of your country.

If NZ are fair dinkum then they will pcik him for the Tri-Nations.

Utey

Coach
If these emerging nations were developing their own players, setting up their own national leagues, just like many are doing right now the game would be better off. The international game is in ruins because there is not enough emphasis placed on the domestic competitions around the world.

The international game is a farce because of this very reason. I could go on but its a very 2 sided argument with no definitive answer.

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
If these emerging nations were developing their own players, setting up their own national leagues, just like many are doing right now the game would be better off. The international game is in ruins because there is not enough emphasis placed on the domestic competitions around the world.

The international game is a farce because of this very reason. I could go on but its a very 2 sided argument with no definitive answer.

the answer is...it's either full strength side or nothing.

Daneel

Bench
eelavation said:
the answer is...it's either full strength side or nothing.

Absolutely correct. They need to pick the strongest side for both teams and the clubs need to be told that the players have to be released. Anything less is a joke and a waste of time.

Iafeta

Referee
Jake the snake said:
Nah........ if it were a Full blooded test with all NZ players then we should release him but if its just a micky mouse 2nd grade test... then why should Parra be affected and the rest of the NRL teams not.

I dont think the dogs would release Sonny or Roy.

What a load of horsesh!t. It's full test match. Test match caps will be awarded. The Bulldogs HAVE released Ben Roberts. Like the Eels, they were asked to give up ONE player.

We're talking one weekend... one player from six clubs. The Storm with one of their leaders David Kidwell, the Warriors with Clinton Toopi, the Broncos with one of their top prospects Greg Eastwood (who has since had to withdraw through injury) and the Bulldogs with fringe first grade half Ben Roberts have all supported the concept. Only the Roosters and Eels have not. The Kiwis are asking for one player . If you want to call this a mickey mouse second rate test you could make the same argument for each ANZAC test played here where we get maybe 3-4 players back from the ESL. It's the same situation, in reverse - we cry blue in the face about that, here's our chance to set an example... not for the Eels or Roosters though.

What state is the game in when one player for six clubs can't be guaranteed for internationals, but each club is obligated whomever is selected for State of Origin up to three games per year dependent on the player's form. Of course, Fitzgerald tells us that the ARL supports their decision - well of course they friggen would? Its the ARL.. Australian... Rugby... League. Since when has the ARL controlled the international game? What the heck has happened to the IRLF? We also hear how playing rep football is a great learning experience for the player when it comes to the Kangaroos or State of Origin, this is a chance that Moi Moi and Soliola have been invalidated from getting the chance to learn.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Daneel said:
Absolutely correct. They need to pick the strongest side for both teams and the clubs need to be told that the players have to be released. Anything less is a joke and a waste of time.

than, I'd like to see NZ supporters whinge at the Tigers and Bulldogs for not releasing their players.

Iafeta

Referee
The Colonel said:
Fui was born in Tonga ya goof.;-)

Hindy was born in Australia.

Karmichael Hunt should be playing for NZ. Where both Jason and Nathan Cayless should be playing for Australia as they were born in Wentworthville.

Quite simple really. When they get that fixed up then it will be properly international as opposed to who you have the better chance of playing for..

Quite simple?

I work with the Cayless' relatives. Their family is very very strongly New Zealand alligned. They take a lot of passion in belonging to New Zealand. Its not simple whatsoever.

Fui was brought up in New Zealand, and came through the Warriors Development squad.