What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui Fui not released

Iafeta

Referee
eelavation said:
than, I'd like to see NZ supporters whinge at the Tigers and Bulldogs for not releasing their players.

For this test?

The Bulldogs released whom was asked for.

No Tigers player was selected.

For end of years tours, watch the other forums - we aren't happy when they rip away players. Although in situations, if its for the player's long term future and that can be evaluated in a quantative manner then you can't really argue.

Daneel

Bench
Iafeta said:
For this test?

The Bulldogs released whom was asked for.

No Tigers player was selected.

For end of years tours, watch the other forums - we aren't happy when they rip away players. Although in situations, if its for the player's long term future and that can be evaluated in a quantative manner then you can't really argue.

Why wouldn't they, they look good for releasing a player that isn't an important member of their team, unlike fui who has been one of parras best week in and week out.:roll:

Iafeta

Referee
But Parramatta can release Nathan Hindmarsh - undoubtedly one of your best of the past 10 years three times a year for Origin?? Is he not important? Or is Origin still higher in the chain than internationals despite the PR spin that says its not?

Daneel

Bench
Iafeta said:
But Parramatta can release Nathan Hindmarsh - undoubtedly one of your best of the past 10 years three times a year for Origin?? Is he not important? Or is Origin still higher in the chain than internationals despite the PR spin that says its not?

I think your missing the point mate. I would like to see the best players possible released for this game, but i dont see why we should release our best when other clubs are not being asked to release theirs. Why did NZ ask for ben roberts instead of sonny bill or asotasi. Pick the best players available to both teams or forget about it all together.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Iafeta said:

Because it pits the best against the best from within the chosen parameters.

The NZ captain isn't even going to this match, so why would we release a guy who as good a form as he is in, isn't one of the best two or three props NZ have at their disposal?

I would have no problem with Fui going if the rest of the Kiwis were going.... It's unfair to tell one club to release players and another club not too. Simple facts are the best players will NOT be playing in this test.

Daneel

Bench
Jake the snake said:
I would have no problem with Fui going if the rest of the Kiwis were going.... It's unfair to tell one club to release players and another club not too. Simple facts are the best players will NOT be playing in this test.

Exactly!! The game doesn't even deserve to be called a test match.

The Colonel

Immortal
Iafeta said:
Quite simple?

I work with the Cayless' relatives. Their family is very very strongly New Zealand alligned. They take a lot of passion in belonging to New Zealand. Its not simple whatsoever.

Fui was brought up in New Zealand, and came through the Warriors Development squad.

I'm still of the opinion it should be country of birth. I can appreciate the Cayless stance and they have stuck firm. Fui was the manager of the Tongan side at the end of last year that featured plenty of players who have played NZ Residents or Junior Kiwis. The Samoan side was much the same. That needs to be sorted. One or the other not both.

I thought the biggest laugh was Jason Cayless being selected for the City Origin side before he made his debut for the Kiwis. Ricketson playing for Ireland. The 2000 World Cup was purely laughable. :roll: There were players, and undoubtedly will be players, representing countries they had never even been to.

Benji was playing for the Australian Schoolboys against the Kiwis a few years ago.

It is a case of playing for whoever it suits when it suits. If they fixed this up and were a lot more strict on this then International League wouldn't continue to be so laughable.

Daneel

Bench
Iafeta said:
Fui was brought up in New Zealand, and came through the Warriors Development squad.

If this is your reason why fui should be playing for NZ than it is quite contridictary. How many NZ players are born and brought up in Australia and come through development squads of any Australian club? I think you would find NZ would struggle to produce a team even close to being competitive.

Iafeta

Referee
James_Hardie said:
Because it pits the best against the best from within the chosen parameters.

The NZ captain isn't even going to this match, so why would we release a guy who as good a form as he is in, isn't one of the best two or three props NZ have at their disposal?

Yep, you're probably right...

Dogs, we'll be taking Sonny Bill, Roy Asotasi, Matt Utai.. thanks fellas
Sharkies, there's a few of your lads we'll taking, and thank you very much
Storm, couple of your fellas
Oh and Parramatta, not only Fui Fui, we'll take Cayless as well
Warriors, Wiki, Anderson, Toopi, Faumuina, Vatuvei if you don't mind will be coming over

Or...

We'll take one from six clubs

Wonder which one is more feasible and more likely? One player, or two or more? Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions. No doubt the ARL would veto that idea, although I have no idea in the blue hell how they are judge jury and executioner for international football.

Iafeta

Referee
Daneel said:
If this is your reason why fui should be playing for NZ than it is quite contridictary. How many NZ players are born and brought up in Australia and come through development squads of any Australian club? I think you would find NZ would struggle to produce a team even close to being competitive.

That's not my reason, good attempt at spinning it though.

Fui Fui I'm positive spent most of his upbringing in New Zealand, coming through the development systems of the Warriors is an example of him being there.

Iafeta

Referee
Daneel said:
Exactly!! The game doesn't even deserve to be called a test match.

By that logic, the ANZAC match shouldn't be a test match either since New Zealand usually can't draw most of their players from over in the ESL.

The Colonel said:
I'm still of the opinion it should be country of birth. I can appreciate the Cayless stance and they have stuck firm. Fui was the manager of the Tongan side at the end of last year that featured plenty of players who have played NZ Residents or Junior Kiwis. The Samoan side was much the same. That needs to be sorted. One or the other not both.
my cousin was born in port moresby while his parents (kiwis) was working over their, my nephew was born in wales (parents kiwis) while they was doing their O.E., his brother was born in new zealand. so are they allowed to play for their country new zealand?

family friends of 12 years originate from wales 2 of the kids are born in wales and 3 others born in new zealand? the dad died here! they still have close links to wales and normally go back to visit family every 1-2 years. what team are they only allowed to represent?

Jake the snake said:

haha so if we asked you for nathan cayless and fuifui moimoi that would have been okay. the nzrl knew thay wasn't going to get the superstars so they went after six guys in the positions we need to cover prop and halves the main ones.

Stagger eel

Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
haha so if we asked you for nathan cayless and fuifui moimoi that would have been okay. the nzrl knew thay wasn't going to get the superstars so they went after six guys in the positions we need to cover prop and halves the main ones.

well send Ruben over!! problem solved.

eelavation said:
well send Ruben over!! problem solved.
hes a superstar and unfortuantely the idiot warriors are in the same case as other arl clubs. but we released the player they requested, only guy with two hattricks vs aussie and 3rd on the tryscoring list for nz.

The Colonel

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
hes a superstar and unfortuantely the idiot warriors are in the same case as other arl clubs. but we released the player they requested, only guy with two hattricks vs aussie and 3rd on the tryscoring list for nz.

The one that can't crack a starting position at the moment and who happens to be heading to Leeds next season? Must have been so hard for them..... :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Eelavation - the Warriors have already committed to the only player asked for. Needless to say, Ruben's played 50 test matches so he's done his fair share of service over the years, but if he was asked he would have put his hand up again. Colonel, Clinton's form has been p!ss weak, except for some reason when it comes to test matches?

This was a great opportunity for Fui Fui Moi Moi and Iosia Soliola to represent their nation alongside the likes of David Kidwell, Stacey Jones (barring injury perhaps), Jason Cayless, Ali Lauitiiti, Shontayne Hape and co. Going off the rate of how much Fui Fui seem's to have learnt from being a player with potential with little stamina in the Warriors development squad, to being a reggie benchie at Souths, to then learning the dedication required to being a regular first grader at Parramatta it could well have been a good learning experience for Fui Fui to perhaps further improve his performances for the Eels... Yes, I can understand Fui Fui's current importance to the Parramatta campaign, but likewise I can understand Timana Tahu and Nathan Hindmarsh's peformance to the Parramatta campaign yet there's no way Parramatta could bar either one of them for potentially three representative matches as opposed to one for Fui Fui. The ARL and all the governing bodies can make all the sounds they like about all having a stake in improving the international game and making sure its not taking a back seat to State of Origin, but until we see some concrete actionability its all just paper talk. Thats the disappointing part.

Daneel

Bench
Iafeta said:
That's not my reason, good attempt at spinning it though.

Fui Fui I'm positive spent most of his upbringing in New Zealand, coming through the development systems of the Warriors is an example of him being there.

Mate if its not your reason then why say it, not once but twice.:sarcasm:

Go find a sheep.

Latest posts