What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full NRL round at Suncorp?

sooperdooper

First Grade
i think it is a great idea... i would like to see it happen. I dont think the will try it will a full round but can see it happening for 3 qld teams as a one off next season?

hellteam

First Grade
i think it is a great idea... i would like to see it happen. I dont think the will try it will a full round but can see it happening for 3 qld teams as a one off next season?

I don't think they'd put the 3 qld teams together. They already get big enough crowds as it is when they play each other and suncorp only holds 50 000

Aenemus

Juniors
I don't think they'd put the 3 qld teams together. They already get big enough crowds as it is when they play each other and suncorp only holds 50 000

Maybe the three Queensland teams over three days?
More likely to happen in the short time.

However I think the full round in one city could turn into a MASSIVE event.
If it was started in Brisbane for a few years (maybe utilise Skilled Park somehow as well), then tender it out. After a few years of it being a success I think it would be viable to have it in Sydney. If it is a big event you will get the crowds. But that is a while down the track.

It is definately an idea out of the box with alot of potential. If marketed properly (which is the part that would concern me).

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
What would be a reasonable price to pay or a double header or triple header

Double header - Adult $50 Child $20 Family 2 adult + 2 kids $120
Triple header - Adult $80 Child $ 30 Family $190

t-ba

Post Whore
This could be done twice a year in two different Cities:

-Easter Weekend; &
-Queens Birthday.

Linking it up with a public holiday allows for a 2-2-2-2 split.

Frailty

First Grade
4 days is a bit long in my opinion.

Friday:
6pm and 8:30pm

Saturday and Sunday:
3pm, 5:30pm, and 8pm

Tickets should be sold as Day, 2-day, or 3-day packages, which are very affordable ($25 for the day ticket)

CHannel Nein could have its prime time friday night and sunday afternoon games.

shaggy

Juniors
the best weekend is to play it would be the queens birthday, with a queensland teams playing in one of the games on fri night and one on the mon night, with the cowboys on the sat or sun givin syd fans the public holiday monday to travel on the fri evenin & travel home on the mon

the nyc games could be played before all the nrl games giving it 16 games over 4 days

fri nyc 2:30 & 4:30, nrl 6:30 & 8:30
sat nyc 9:30, 11:30, 1:30, nrl 3:30, 5:30, 7:30
sun nyc 9:00, 11:00, nrl 1:00 & 3:00 (although im sure 9 would be willing to show their game at night instead of day so you could push the games back with the next day a public holiday
mon as per usual

passes can be bought for one game, one day, two days, three days or all four days

in future years it could be expanded to perth, nz, adelaide, melbourne

you could also have a festival atmosphere in the city and entertainment between games & free concerts at night in the city

Rovelli

Bench
Good idea IMO.

The QLD teams will draw a crowd. I'm sure Dogs, Manly etc. would also draw them in. Could have double-header fares. There'll be NZers for the Warriors. Could have a concert there during the break etc.

shiznit

Coach
brilliant idea imo.... id be over thats for sure.... also i recckon youd draw a fair amount of expat kiwis to anyday the warriors are playing...

Latest posts