What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FullBack 07

Fullback 07

• Hayne

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Burt

Votes: 42 62.7%

• Total voters

caylo

Bench
i think burt will be better served at fullback, adds an extra option with the boot. Hayne will be a fullback, but let him serve his time on the wing for now (inglus did, king did, tahu did, mini did his time will come. lets not rush it)

parra_jesus

Juniors
out of those two i would say burt as the short term fullback and hayne as a long term option a few years down the track. what happened to reddy i thought he was number 1 choice at fullback next year ?

Utey

Coach
Burt. Hayne is just an 18 yr old, his future is at fullback but he has scored 15 tries on the wing. Too good to move.

Bazal

Post Whore
On form Burt should keep it to start the year, but I would like to see Hayne there at some point. He will get there, he has plenty of years ahead, and Burt is probably better than him there at the moment. That will change, and when it does we will se Hayne at the back. But give him time.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hayne appears safer and better in defence in my opinion, Burt can always play a roaming game on the wing.

bartman

Immortal
It's good to have more than one option. Whoever trains better in the off-season and plays better in the pre-season should get the spot.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
have we forgotten about Joel Reddy?

no! but at full strength who do you drop?

Reddy is definitely next in line and will be given his opportunity and the thing going in Reddy's favour is Hayne and Burty's versatility.

strider

Post Whore
Burty still needs to work on his defense - hasn't been overly tested in that department during our good run.

Parraren

Bench
I've got a feeling Hayne may end up in the centres. He's a big boy and still growing. Might be too big for fullback and too skillful to stay out on the wing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:
I've got a feeling Hayne may end up in the centres. He's a big boy and still growing. Might be too big for fullback and too skillful to stay out on the wing.

pffftt..he can play any where mate.

Latest posts