What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FULLTIME SCORE (Raiders vs Penrith)

raidersfan

Juniors
I was really disapointed but it is only round 2. Theres always next week. We just broke under pressure from that intercept. We looked good all game and it seems that whenever my girlfriend comes to the games we lose!!! I think I'll bar her from footy!!!

I hate playing catch up. I don't think we'll even be in the top 8 after this round.

skeepe

Immortal
First up, very disappointed with the Raiders performance, thought they should have won it.

What is with Raiders players holding on to the ball when a simple pass will bring a try? Two or three times last week and again tonight with Bulgarelli. They need to stop being selfish and realise when someone is in a better position than they are.

Good performance by Penrith though, they deserved to win.

One thing, just read the AAP report of the match and I swear whoever wrote it didn't watch it.

AAP said:
Canberra responded in spectacular fashion in the 61st minute when winger Michael Robertson intercepted a pass from Penrith centre Luke Lewis and ran 30 metres to score

That's funny, I thought Luke Lewis dropped the pass and Robertson picked up the loose ball. Silly me.

AAP said:
To add to Canberra's woes, skipper Simon Woolford was placed on report for a high tackle on Panthers prop Joel Clinton.

The front rower was helped from the field in the 16th minute and failed to return.

Hmm, well in that case the Panthers have put an unregistered player in the number 8 when he came on late in the game! I reckon that guy would win a Joel Clinton look-alike contest though, striking resemblance.

Honestly, I would have expected a bit more professionalism from AAP. The same report appears on the NRL website, so it's obvious the NRL don't do any fact-checking of the articles they receive, they just post them up.

NPK

Bench
Does anyone else find in funny that the number 14s from the teams tonight were Ben Ross and Ben Cross? ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
That was the biggest "hang the cue up in the rack before the games over" I have ever seen.
Seems to me the big bad raiders pack lack some stamina, talk about lying down and takin up the rear. I wouldnt want to have been wearin a green jersey tonite....Elliot will give em all hell all week I would think.To totally submit in the final 10 shows massive commitment and dedication issues... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geeeezz.....and that Bulgarelli fella sure can blow a try cant he #-o almost as good as Trents last week :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
That was the biggest "hang the cue up in the rack before the games over" I have ever seen.
Seems to me the big bad raiders pack lack some stamina, talk about lying down and takin up the rear. I wouldnt want to have been wearin a green jersey tonite....Elliot will give em all hell all week I would think.To totally submit in the final 10 shows massive commitment and dedication issues... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geeeezz.....and that Bulgarelli fella sure can blow a try cant he #-o almost as good as Trents last week :lol: :lol:

under all that hostility you acually make a solid point
elliot will rip them up and have them right for rd 3

AdamH

Juniors
I was impressed with Canberra. I was even more impressed by our try-rout at the death. Amos Roberts! What a champ!

Razor

Coach
Raider_69 said:
pathetic!
4 tries in 10 minutes, what the f**k?
did the raiders pack leave early?!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Damn Raiders. I had $100 on the Raiders with 12.5 start (The Dozen start bet that SportOdds offers)

kosta

Juniors
Game was played in perfect rugby league conditions, although only 14,000 bothered to show up.

Penrith have improved on their attack from last week, playing more constructively and showing that they will be no easy pushovers in defending their crown. However there is still hope for Canberra, after they showed how good they can be in attack and defence during the first 20 minutes.

Joel Clinton not only showed physical but mental toughness after recieving two heavy knocks to the head and had to be interchanged. Despite this he returned back to the field showing he has what it takes to play State Of Origin. Amos Roberts was my pick for man of the match, with two try saving tackles and a well timed intercept match winning try.

Mark Mclinden showed great attacking ability, although poor defence was shown in the second half when he let in two tries to the Penrith Panthers.

Luke Davico's tackle from the kick off will deafinatly be in the highlights reel at the end of the season. Channel 9's man of the match went to Preston Campbell.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Fantastic victory boys.... well done! That intercept by Roberts was the turning point! Well done Amos! Keep your eye on this bloke for the rest of the season footy fans! I reckon he's a genuine contender for the number 3 jersey when Girds retires. Either that or let him stay at number 2 and switch Hughy (aka Luke Lewis) to the centres (as he was playing tonight)

Good effort by Canberra too, they really played their guts out tonight. Don't worry Raiders fans, your boys are still top 4 contenders in my books!

Pantherjim.

nrl_panthers.gif
piss.gif
nrl_roosters.gif