What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest Fan Abuse To A Ref/Official

Penance

Juniors
Have you ever been at a game, and you hear a fan yell out abuse at the ref? whats the funniest ones you've heard?
bigsmile.gif

My personal favourite, its funny due to its lameness:

Souths Fan: "Get back in your hole badger ya Clown!" - Souths vs Titans 2007

and I remember Tigers vs Broncos Semi Final 2005

Tiger Fan: "Hey Touchie......Your Dumb.."

Azkatro

First Grade
"F&#* OFF, TONY!!!!!!!!!!!" - Paul Bowman

In the history of on-field outbursts/tirades that are picked up by the TV microphones, that one is a personal favourite alongside Mal Meninga in Origin.

yobbo84

Coach
There's always the good one when a player gets called out by the referee for a warning...

"Oh, don't f**king lecture him, you're not his mother!"

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Well this wasn't abuse, but I remember a game at Newcastle a few years ago I was at.
It was Knights v Eels and 4 parra players got sent to the bin, including Michael Beutner twice.
Everybody loved Hollywood Harrigan that friday night, but he got relegated to Premier League the next week and had to apologise to Eels players at Eels training :lol:

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
At the 2005 semi against the Tigers, Some Dragons fans would go Tim Mander (i think it was mander) always cheating every time he blew his whistle.

Angry_eel

First Grade
NP said:
Well this wasn't abuse, but I remember a game at Newcastle a few years ago I was at.
It was Knights v Eels and 4 parra players got sent to the bin, including Michael Beutner twice.
Everybody loved Hollywood Harrigan that friday night, but he got relegated to Premier League the next week and had to apologise to Eels players at Eels training :lol:

wasn't that game at parramatta?

Mr Saab

Referee
Game was at Newcaslte. And he was not relegated to premier league.
He was "given the week off" as part of the rotation system

Spike

First Grade
Andrew Johns calling the touch judge a f*cking cheat

Can't remember what excatly he said but Tony Butterfield getting called up for packing into a scrum too aggressively, "I'm a forward, I'm meant to do that."

Ridders

Coach
Remember at the dogs game i went to, ref was Sean Hampstead i think.

Hey Sean, nobody likes you
Your mum doesn't like you
Your dad doesn't like you
Your sister doesn't like you
You have no cousins

Couldn't stop laughing at the time i'd heard it

"Hey Harrigan, ya mums got two bums and you're one of em"

I can also recall countles tirades by "The skull" on our much-loved league officials that gave me a giggle or two. Needless to say I can't repeat much of them on such a family friendly forum

Latest posts