What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furious Warriors sponsor launches attack

Wizardman

First Grade
I will say this. I have had this chat with a few of my mates about which team cops it the most from the refs. Neither mate is a Warriors fan but everybody comes up with the same answer......Warriors cop the bad calls the most and get the least 50/50s in the comp. It has been like that for a long time.

At least, the perception is very much out there in the league community.

Maximus

Coach
Paris went on with his rant in reply to a message from another Twitter user, and may even find himself in trouble for the nature of that accusation.

Umm what exactly is going to happen? The NRL is going to ban a business from spending money on the game? Yeah that'll stop people talking about the blatant ref favouritism.

hrundi99

First Grade
Sponsorship contracts probably include something about this. I recall when working for an NRL club that a representative from one of the sponsors was innapropriate with wait staff at the game and the club CEO sacked him on the spot and told him to leave.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Sponsorship contracts probably include something about this. I recall when working for an NRL club that a representative from one of the sponsors was innapropriate with wait staff at the game and the CEO sacked him on the spot and told him to leave.

I guess the major potential difference there is that's likely to be serious misconduct regardless of the sponsorship status of the business.

Like being inappropriate with wait staff at the company Xmas party etc

Loose Cannon

Bench
And the sponsor will laugh and wish them good luck with that.

No way can the NRL fine a private business for comments made on Twitter. They could try defamation I guess but also good luck with that
Agreed. They can’t win, but they think they’re that special.
Will be hilarious if they did.

gerg

Juniors
NRL won't say anything publicly, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors suddenly win the penalty count against the Bulldogs. Of course regular transmission will resume after the bye for the Broncos game after the story has left the news cycle.

It really could go either way. The Raiders often cop the rough end of the pineapple, not anywhere near the Warriors though. The last time Raiders got shafted and whinged about it the ref actually went harder against them the following week.

King hit

Coach
Watch the NRL pretend it never happened. No fine, no acknowledgement, nothing.
Remember when Thurston alleged pre meditated corruption against the Cowboys and they let it slide saying he was emotional and passionate just after they fined Toovey for being to emotional.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Assuming that the Warriors are uniquely affected by this is the only mistake this guy has made. He's completely correct other than that.

Anybody genuine that watches a lot of NRL will tell you that there're certain teams who are up against it before they start because they get a worse rub of the green than others on average, and the refs have totally lacked any accountability for years.

The NRL and refs unilaterally making rule and interpretations changes without any real consultation with the broader RL community doesn't help either.