What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furious Warriors sponsor launches attack

TheDMC

Bench
I don't think there is a conspiracy. But I do think that NRL refs are generally dumb humans, quite incompetent, and some are weak gutted dogs (did I say that right, is it an ozism?). Some must suffer severe unconscious bias whereby their default position is to punish lesser teams/players, and most notably the warriors. Its no surprise really as the lack of genuine respect for the club flows through the NRL hierarchy, you can see that by the scheduling, and highlighted by the absolutely pathetic unwillingness to actually give something back to the warriors after their COVID times sacrifice.

The fact that many fans from other NRL teams recognize the regular shafting the Warriors get is pretty telling really.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You gotta get Johnson in the ear of the ref whispering sweet nothings like Cam Smith used to.
I know an ex ref and can confirm while the other players were off doing lines in the toilet and tuning chicks after a game, Cam
was sitting down with the ref having a beer and a chat. He got to know them and earned their respect.

nswarrior

Juniors
Refs are only human and make mistakes like everyone else. They probably have biases that have some impact

The bunker should be better though, how was the 2nd Warriors sin binned and a Panther smashed Harris around the neck bunker was ok with it

Canard

Immortal
In 2015 Paul Green lit up the NRL about referring early doors, I remember Bennet in particular calling him a whinger.

Fast forward, 3 months and Green had a premiership ring

Pneuma

First Grade
Roosters game last week where the warriors player was basically smashed in the head with an elbow by the roosters player who went on to score a try a minute later was dreadful. And then he wasn’t charged on review? I’ll back the refs any day but the on field ref, bunker and review system all failed. Wtf?

yobbo84

Coach
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Vibing

Juniors
If the warriors think the refs aren't even spitting before jamming it in with them
Ask the Raiders & how they think the refs are going

Theres no conspiracy & no club gets more dud calls then any other , it evens itself out over the length of the year

The refs are just incompetent generally , nothing personal.

Roosters game last week where the warriors player was basically smashed in the head with an elbow by the roosters player who went on to score a try a minute later was dreadful. And then he wasn’t charged on review? I’ll back the refs any day but the on field ref, bunker and review system all failed. Wtf?
Same player did a shoulder charge this week and got away with it

Wb1234

Immortal
He’s right

I watch warriors games now waiting for the ref to stuff them up

it’s been happening for 20 years too

when the warriors get a 50 50 call I’m ususally in shock

Meth

Staff member
If the warriors think the refs aren't even spitting before jamming it in with them
Ask the Raiders & how they think the refs are going

Theres no conspiracy & no club gets more dud calls then any other , it evens itself out over the length of the year

The refs are just incompetent generally , nothing personal.

I probably agree with your general sentiment, but this bit that I highlighted is laughable, to be honest.

Meth

Staff member
I can go both ways on this, really.

As a Warriors fan, I watch some matches and think there has to be some kind of bias against us. Occasionally...very occasionally, I watch a match and feel like we get the calls. But that's an anomaly. It isn't a wash and it doesn't 'even out over the course of the year'.

Of course, we all watch our teams through a certain lens and there are other teams who can claim a grievance in the way that they are officiated.

Also, we need to be better. The refs are immune to criticism or accountability, so you have to play better to take it out of their hands. I think that's the attitude that Webster has brought into the team and I like it.

As for Paris- suck sh*t Abdo and Annesley. Instead of crying about what a sponsor says on Twitter, accept the critique and do something about the standard of officiating.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Personally I think all refs should be fired and skeepe should ref all the games.
First order of business will be removing the six again rule... we all know how the waving arm still infuriates the Green Machine fanbase

Vibing

Juniors
I probably agree with your general sentiment, but this bit that I highlighted is laughable, to be honest.
its not really ,
everyone gets dudded , theres nothing more to be said
anything else is just perception

Refereeing standards have not kept up with the improvement in playing standards , even with the massive increase in payments & fulltime professionalism of officials they still derp it up on a weekly basis & it doesn't matter whos playing.

Latest posts