What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furners Final F**** Ups

john oldie

Juniors
Why Did Dopey have our best player and the third best player in ARL Fensom, on the bench for

first twenty minutes of the second half ?

The crucial period when dogs got on top

Why did Dopey play Harrison for 67 minutes and Picker for thirteen

when harrison has been doing nothing all season and nothing changed today ?

Why did Dopey again play a second rower in the centre. Our wingers have had only one try assist all year

from our "non passing , non tackling 'centres'" ?

Its all Dopeys fault

He has been "coaching" Thompson and Mcrone all season

He hasnt been able to start Thompson passing nor stop Mcrone kicking out on the full

He got rid of just about every decent outside back we have had , and now Vidot who

he blamed for Crockers massace by Mad dog

When will this fool ever learn

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Maybe it is just me, but it seems you don't rate Furner as a coach. What did you think of him as a player? I thought he was underrated.

I didnt expect this thread. :crazy:

Fensom has a shoulder injury and is book in for surgery this coming week.

I know we had alot riding on this game but what difference did it make.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Furner was an excellent player who deserved his rep jumpers when he hit a purple patch of form. A fine servant at our club both on field and off. However he is not a first grade coach. I'm hoping all our players, in particular Campese and the Dugan are fully fit for round 1 2012 and beyond. That way Furner has no excuses when his failings as a coach are exposed.

If I was to give our side a rating out of ten this year it would be 1/10. No exaggeration or sarcasm.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I recall Furner in blue and maybe even green and gold. Great step hit hard.

Can't say I have been impressed, lets see what happens with Campos.

I think Fergo mutured, only slightly.

Need a 9 sorted.

Cryptic

Juniors
lol, you came back to QQ about that game but didn't show last week? Also what's with the caps on your title for a change? Did you finally get that far in English class at school?

Why Did Dopey have our best player and the third best player in ARL Fensom, on the bench for

first twenty minutes of the second half ?

The crucial period when dogs got on top

Why did Dopey play Harrison for 67 minutes and Picker for thirteen

when harrison has been doing nothing all season and nothing changed today ?

Why did Dopey again play a second rower in the centre. Our wingers have had only one try assist all year

from our "non passing , non tackling 'centres'" ?

Its all Dopeys fault

He has been "coaching" Thompson and Mcrone all season

He hasnt been able to start Thompson passing nor stop Mcrone kicking out on the full

He got rid of just about every decent outside back we have had , and now Vidot who

he blamed for Crockers massace by Mad dog

When will this fool ever learn

Because Picker is ordinary

Who else is he going to play in the centres?? If someone else debuted today it will go towards the cap for next year

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He should have played Picker the younger in the halves with Williams and played McCrone at centre to trial him there for next year. He is perhaps the best ball runner in the side but is pretty ordinary at kicking and passing and organisation

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
Furner was underrated as a player. As a coach most people are pretty much spot on with their assessment: Dogs Balls.

If it wasn't Tounges last game on Sunday, he would have been hooked. Knock ons, shite passing and the infamous "double pump" 15m behind the line. Why?

supera

Juniors
shame fenno plays in the one position that the blues have depth in.

if they didn't pick heighington the last two years, they aren't about to pick fensom.

typicalfan

Coach
That stuff in commentary about the Raiders not returning Jack Reeds phone call sounds pretty tragic.

That stuff in commentary about the Raiders not returning Jack Reeds phone call sounds pretty tragic.

I dont think it is accurate. Reed was in our system , he played for Souths Logan which until 30th June this year was our feeder club.

He isnt the 1st reggies player we have let go Shea Moylan is another and I think is off to melbourne next year.

Reed is going great guns this year and would of been handy to have been kept at the Raiders.