What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furrycat..... Update?

Goleel

Juniors
Alright I've got a very basic stats edit database that I originally used for my patch, note now every players stats have been changed slightly here and there, but this is what I first used for the 2003 patch. You can download the excel file from www.geocities.com/golsrugbyleagueonline/stats2003.zip but you may need to copy and paste that url to get it working, geocities doesn't like direct links.

It's also got the original database in there, with all the original NRL player values, that took a mountain of effort there, so if anyone is keen to check it out, go ahead.

Clevo

Juniors
Well furry sorry mate but I think we've had enough too. You've been promising this for months. We then had to wait till the patch came out and you said that's all you've been waiting for.

you've been teasing us and tantilising us with updates and empty promises...and you're the one pissed off?

Lesson 1 in gaming life.... never promise what you can't deliver

Lesson 2 ..... Keep the mouth shut and plug it when it's ready.

And don;t pretend you don;t get nothing out of this.... you were after credo points. Well the news is... it's on minus 100 at the moment.

I can;t believe you can claim to have no time when you post on every footy forum in the world. Get your priorities right with your sitting in front of the computer time and you would have avoided the negative backlash..... what on earth did you expect?

We don't want to hear excuses anymore.... finish it off or announce you are abandoning it.

Either way no one gives a rats arse whether you're getting this done or not.

Cheers

Congrats Gol... show em how it's done.

:roll:

inertia666

Juniors
in the guy's defence, it wasn't advertised until late Feb 04 , as far as i know. Also, he hasn't been here promoting it every 5 minutes, other people have. the only reason this fuss arrived in the first place was because of a competitive patch entitled RLEASED which is suspiciously similar in name to UNLEASHED. Now unleashed isn't exactly a known rugby league term is it. The confusion was obvious when furrycat starting getting a ton of emails asking what this was all about which is just a waste of time.

Now i've brought you an editor, i've put up screenshots of my international patch and i am helping furrycat with unleashed. so if i say it's work in progress then it is :mrgreen:

one thing i can agree with is that you don't say much until you've got something decent because you never hit expected targets :lol: i learned that in my professional career too, not so funny when you when promise something in 3 months and it takes a year :lol:

so let's just relax a bit. the people helping with unleashed have learned a lot over the last 3 weeks.

Goleel

Juniors
While I can't speak for furry or anyone else making patches, I know personally that it can be tedious, boring work that takes a lot of motivation to get done, and isn't something you can work on from start to finish in one hit and get it out quickly, it just gets too much. If I'd have worked straight through on my patches I would have had them out months ago, but I could only manage to edit one, maybe two teams in a sitting before it got too much, then there is the endless testing, playing through a few seasons of games, making sure its balanced, and that was just me doing stat editing, which is the easiest of the tasks in furrycat's patch. He's doing a heap of work, and I can vouch that it will deliver on what it promises, but it takes time, motivation and there isn't a lot of reward, you get a good feeling when people congratulate you on a job well done, and you get to play an improved game because of it, as do a whole lot of other people, but it still is a lot of work.

In short, these things will take time, and having hassles from people putting out fake patches and badgering the guy making a real patch, questioning if he even is working on it when there is plenty of proof out there, maybe not screenshots, but you have several peoples word for it that a lot of work is being done on unleashed, it makes you feel like its too much for not enough. Be grateful for the work being done on the game, because chances are, you'll still be playing RL for months and months after you should have stopped because of the work of guys like furrycat making the improvements you want in the game.

Clevo

Juniors
Gol....

I have never said it was easy work.

The fact remains that furrycat has been plugging this patch for a long time.

And I don;t appreciate people getting credit for promises made and not delivered. The longer furrycat leaves it the more redundant his patch becomes.

As is evident.... people hardly come here anymore. The game needed some patching and other have come and made mods for it... saving me the hassle of doing it.

Gol... you can attest that there is something in it for you...even if it's just the great feeling of a job well done and being congratulated and thankd for the work you do.

What's furrycat done????

[furrycat]

Coach
Plugging at this for months? Correct me if I'm wrong (...don't think you could because I was the one who announced it..) but wasn't unleashed announced in late January? Hm, I'm pretty sure that was when it was. I intended on releasing it in Mid February but it didn't work out that way. I expected it, but it didn't happen... You said I was doing this for "credo" points... Do you HONESTLY think I give a rats arse about what some guys on an internet forum think of me? Hell, I'm doing this because I wanted to make the game a little better, and I thought "Hey, why don't I let everyone else play with Unleashed?"... So I announced it, hoping I'd get it done in time... But, I'll put this through your head one more time..

I AM NOT GETTING PAID OR ANY PERSONAL BENEFIT FOR THIS

If you want, I'll finish it off, post a bunch of movies and screenshots, and then I'll be a bastard and not release it to the public. How about that... Me, Inertia and Gol will play with it all we want... Of all people, you think you'd have more patience about this than me... I'm not going to further comment on anything about Unleashed on these forums and anything that is not constructive i'll ignore with EXTREME PREDJUDICE... I don't want credit, I want to share my work so everyone gets some enjoyment...

Clevo

Juniors
If it's finished that is.... dunno why you even bother to click on internet explorer...the time could have been spent fixing the mod.

Seems you have enough time for forum 7's. I guess that's more important.

OK....

:oops:

Goleel

Juniors
OK Clevo, if you had an at times mind numbingly boring and thankless task that you are doing for little personal gain to finish, would you spend every second you have on it? I doubt it. You're expecting too much if you think Furrycat will spend every second he has working on unleashed.

Besides, forum sevens is great fun, if I had to choose between playing F7's and making patches I'd take F7's no questions asked, but lets hope I never have to make that decision.

Clevo

Juniors
It's a matter of what you promise. I have never said it is an easy task...god knows I have beta tested some of the most succesful MMOGS in the world. If I promise to spend 10 hours a week doing then I bloody well will.

If I promised to get something out knowing full well there are 100's if not 1000's waiting I tell you what...I certainly wouldn;t be wasting time posting on average 5.5 times a day on this forum alone plus god knows how long on other forums then claim "I have a life"..... excuse me but that escuse is a total load of bullshit....and I have left the fun of Forum 7's alone.

furrycat needs to either put up or shut up....I'm afraid it's as simple as that.

Sorry if that hurts...but you and I know it's the truth.

:shock:

[furrycat]

Coach
Sorry mate but what you say is not relevant to me. I don't like you, I don't care if you don't download my patch. I don't care if only 5 people do... the fact is, YOU will look very stupid when I release it... That's all I want to see.

10 Hours? YOU MUST BE JOKING... I'm in year 11, I have a lot of study to do, I have a job, I play a lot of sport on weekends, and a girlfriend to entertain on top of all that. If she asks me to go out somewhere, do you think I'd say "Sorry I have to work on Unleashed WOOSH"... I have my priorities straight. You don't like it, tell someone else.

kennett1

Juniors
WTF is going on?We love patches LOL! Be thankful and patient. Patches are fun but they take ages.Be content with no patches, and when one does arrive you'll be real happy. Stop whinging FFS

inertia666

Juniors
lol, that's a bit sad. there's more going on then some silly gossip and bitch slapping.

unless you've got a bigger handbag i wouldn't get involved :lol:

NPK

Bench
please post a screenshot of something cool that you have done with Unleashed Furrycat :)

You were challenging Kimmorley Killer to post one of his screenshots, but you haven't posted any of your own have you?

Cheers.

Goleel

Juniors
It's hard for him to post screenshots of what he's doing I'm guessing, since most of it is engine work, you can't post a screenshot of less sin binnings, for example.

dazza1976

Juniors
I for one am very grateful to anybody who has or is the process of making a difference to the game ie Goleel Inertia Furrycat and others.
They are not obliged to gve there time up to benefit others and some of the comments on here basically calling people liars are scandalous.
Lets just have some patience and a bit of respect for each other.
Cheers.

kennett1

Juniors
hey i am trying to put up an unusual score screen shot from NRL game..but the Print Screen button doesnt capture the screen (normally it does)..does anyone know how to do it?

Latest posts