What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future coaches ?!

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
So if price cant get us in any rang of a premiership this season (if we make the 8) or next season, who would we have in mind from 2014 and beyond ? :D

Bellamy but won't happen Daniel Anderson probably be at the rooters mick potter even Nathan brown although my grandmother would do better than price!

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
anyone is better than price unless he can magically get us into the top 2 next yr then i guess he can have a second chance

I'd give folkes a run What have they got to lose can't believe a first grade premiership coach just happy to be assistant !

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
2013 needs a totally new coaching team to rebuild and fix the mess. You need experience so I like Daniel Anderson for head coach with mick potter as the assistant. Let these 2 experienced coaches have the say in the future recruitment and structures.

matthewj

Juniors
Ive always thought Michael Hagan might be a good choice, hes only assistant on the QLD SOO team now? had good careers with both Newcastle and Parra, would he be a good choice?

Stagger Lee

Bench
Ive always thought Michael Hagan might be a good choice, hes only assistant on the QLD SOO team now? had good careers with both Newcastle and Parra, would he be a good choice?

Hell no!

Took a Warren Ryan team (pushed out of the door by player power) to a GF win in his first season and went backwards since. A poor mans ricky Stuart.

There's only Bellamy and you break the bank. Look at what merkinerbury did with Hasler, do the same. Liaise with his agent to make sure that we're always $30K above every other offer and provide assurances that he'll be running recruitment, retention and club culture. It's no guarantee but it's the best strategy to execute.

Beyond Doust though.

Cagey Mac

Bench
My Choices!
  1. Mick Potter
  2. Mick Potter
  3. Mick Potter
  4. Ummmm...Mick Potter
  5. Best Coach available hmmm......Mick Potter

Fire

First Grade
In my opinion, Price will go better next season. But, he and his staff have A LOT of work to do between November and March to correct things that went wrong this season (i.e., the attack). And to be honest, EVERYONE has to come back better in 2013, players included. They've suffered what may be called a "hangover" from the Premiership and Bennett leaving, but Price is getting too much criticism. OK, the players can have one bad season, they're only human, but if they don't want to turn up every week (like they did under Bennett) it's better for everyone involved if they move on.

On topic.
1. Folkes
2. Brown
3. Potter

(wouldn't mind Bellamy, but I doubt we could get both Bennett and Bellamy in the space of six years).

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Nathan Brown is the man for sure. Didn't he bring Soward to the Dragons? He has a good eye for talent and now that all his mates are gone will be a great choice. He also brought in Ennis, Lincoln Withers, Best, Scott, etc to the club.

He was doing excellent at England with Warrington until he got signed up for St Helens or whichever big club he is going. I am sure he would have some exclusion in his contract if an NRL club approached him.

Always held in high regard but got hammered in Saints cause his mates were making some decisions for him which he will no longer have to worry about.

st.phil

Bench
Potter had a great record at st helens but since arriving at Bradford things have not gone so well...

Elias1983

Coach
In my opinion, Price will go better next season. But, he and his staff have A LOT of work to do between November and March to correct things that went wrong this season (i.e., the attack). And to be honest, EVERYONE has to come back better in 2013, players included. They've suffered what may be called a "hangover" from the Premiership and Bennett leaving, but Price is getting too much criticism. OK, the players can have one bad season, they're only human, but if they don't want to turn up every week (like they did under Bennett) it's better for everyone involved if they move on.

On topic.
1. Folkes
2. Brown
3. Potter

(wouldn't mind Bellamy, but I doubt we could get both Bennett and Bellamy in the space of six years).

Agree with you fire.

Exceot I'd swap potter and brown around for me.

Been there and done that with brown.

Latest posts