What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future First Graders

Packy

Bench
Sione is a freak, only 17 and doesn't look out of place in NYC even though he's playing against guys who are in some cases 3 years older.
A mate of mine who is a player agent and scouts a lot of junior football reckons he's the best outside back prospect we've had since Timana

Not saying you are wrong but haven't all the Mata'utia had wraps? None kicked on as yet?

Noa

First Grade
Of those that have played the vast majority of the year Lodge, Robati, Mcgahan and Kennar are the only ones I see as having definate careers.

Mann has raps on him but I havent seen him play much and Solomona goes well but has been stuffed around position wise.

ek999

First Grade
Jack Ahearn, Jono Rueben, Andrew Heffernan, Eli Roberts, Brenko Lee, Tahakilu and Tavita Pengai, Patrick Mago and Luke Batemen are all potential FGs in the current Raiders squad

None of them look like future first graders at the moment :D

Frederick

Staff member
Sione is a freak, only 17 and doesn't look out of place in NYC even though he's playing against guys who are in some cases 3 years older.
A mate of mine who is a player agent and scouts a lot of junior football reckons he's the best outside back prospect we've had since Timana

He can't goal kick for shit though. Dunno who had the bright idea of taking the duties off Shipard and giving them to Sione

MacDougall

First Grade
Kurtis Rowe
Del Houter
Mitch Moses
Luke Brooks (obviously)
Nathan Brown
Andy Fiagatusa
Kyle Lovett
Brendan Santi
Salesi Funaki
Rhys Armstrong
Fosio Tatola
Manaia Cherrington
James Luff
Andrew Vela

Pretty long list but the lions share of them will play first grade from the Tigers juniors. Most will go elsewhere but all these guys are potential first graders. Then there are champion 18s and 16s players waiting in the wings like Marion Seve, Bayley Sironen and Pifeleti Pifeleti among others. I'm waiting for the poaching to begin...

s1ng0709

Juniors
Kurtis Rowe
Del Houter
Mitch Moses
Luke Brooks (obviously)
Nathan Brown
Andy Fiagatusa
Kyle Lovett
Brendan Santi
Salesi Funaki
Rhys Armstrong
Fosio Tatola
Manaia Cherrington
James Luff
Andrew Vela

All these guys are in your 20s now, you would think with a list like this they would be higher up on the ladder.

MountainMan

Juniors
Santi is far to small to make the nrl as a forward and doesn't have the speed or size as a back...maybe possible position change to hooker,but this is his 3rd club and hes only 20...must be a problem somewhere?

Theres a young kid named John Fomai....very very impressive

MacDougall

First Grade
Kurtis Rowe
Del Houter
Mitch Moses
Luke Brooks (obviously)
Nathan Brown
Andy Fiagatusa
Kyle Lovett
Brendan Santi
Salesi Funaki
Rhys Armstrong
Fosio Tatola
Manaia Cherrington
James Luff
Andrew Vela

All these guys are in your 20s now, you would think with a list like this they would be higher up on the ladder.

Our 20s have had a pretty horrible run of injuries. Their results certainly don't suggest their talent though. A few of these guys I listed are still 18 though Armstrong, Funaki, Tatola, Brooks, Moses. I don't think all of them will be superstars or even regulars but I expect that at some stage all of them will play a game of NRL to be tested at one club or another.

tz17

Juniors
Not that I'm aware of. Greg is from Newcastle and Jack is from the Illawarra. But you never know they might be first or second cousins??

No not first or second cousin. Family tree was done a fair few years ago and at that stage no connection to greg was found

richies

Juniors
Santi is far to small to make the nrl as a forward and doesn't have the speed or size as a back...maybe possible position change to hooker,but this is his 3rd club and hes only 20...must be a problem somewhere?

Theres a young kid named John Fomai....very very impressive

Santi is a good player and is only young from memory was Aus rep.
Just look at Josh Jackson, I thought he would be too small a build to make an impact but he has, it the size of the ticker that some what counts...

richies

Juniors
Also penrith have picked up a giant in by the name of Leilani Latu a prop from the dogs, he was eligible to play 20's last year but played some games in nsw cup before being injured and out for the year. This bloke is almost as big a David Klemmer and could be a real surprise for the panthers this year...
Pity we couldn't keep him.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
For Parra:
John Folau, ZDC, Tepai Moeroa, Pauli Pauli, Tyrell Fuimaono, Joey Lussick, Nathan Davis, Fabian Goodall.

I think Jacko Hastings will be a fantastic player for the Roosters, he can play in every position in the spine although I think he's a special for halfback.

richies

Juniors
For Parra:
John Folau, ZDC, Tepai Moeroa, Pauli Pauli, Tyrell Fuimaono, Joey Lussick, Nathan Davis, Fabian Goodall.

I think Jacko Hastings will be a fantastic player for the Roosters, he can play in every position in the spine although I think he's a special for halfback.

also for parra

Joseph Ualesi - big solid and skillful second rower/lock

richies

Juniors
For the Cowboys, Id say the most likely are Zac Santo, Javid Bowen, Chris Grevsmuhl and Patrick Kaufusi.

Santo and Bowen are possible replacements for Matt Bowen. We've lost Felise Kaufusi to the Storm next year, but I think his younger brother is the better player. Grevsmuhl has been playing QCup for most of the year. I'd love to see him get a shot this year towards the end.

Zac Mackay looks like a talent as well, definitely a keeper.

Jayden Hodges will play first grade but not for us, which is a shame. Apparently going to sign with Manly.

Im pretty sure Chris Grevsmuhl is off too souths, what a forward pack they will have, I expect to see him at lock very good player

Last edited:

richies

Juniors
for the dogs I would say:-

Lloyd Perrett - big prop with a solid work rate

Patrick Templeman - is he can bulk up a little has great awareness of the game no.1/6/7

Kayne Brennan even though he is not part of the top squad for some reason, I see him making an impact if any of our wingers get injured ahead of John Sila as he still has alot too learn about footy.

for newcastle:-

no.6/7 Jaelen Feeney tall, skillful play maker from the dogs last year.

Goldcoast - Paul carter skillful second rower, back up hooker with a good work rate.

Sharks - Alan Niulesa no.2/3 solid boy with a good work load.

9 Michael Lichaa smart hooker should see some Nrl this year.

12 Sione Masima skillful second rower