What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Vee

First Grade
Can't post a link but there's a big article on ABC News online about the penrith stadium process if anyone can post here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is finished, it's exactly what the architects wanted in the design.

Put another tier there and the joint will be unbearable in March and September for lack of air movement through it.
doesn’t need to be any bigger really.
Ideally if building a 25k stadium you’d build it with the flexibility to add another 4-5k temp seats for the very rare big games.

beave

Coach
doesn’t need to be any bigger really.
Ideally if building a 25k stadium you’d build it with the flexibility to add another 4-5k temp seats for the very rare big games.
well they have done exactly that with the design.

Blame the NRL for not putting the temp seats in, they did it for Origin but the ticket pricing for that event ($120 a seat vs $50 last night) may have made it cost effective. At the least they should have allowed a few thousand standing tickets, people would have snapped them up.

The architects were the ones that wanted the stadium in the way it is, enclosing the northern end fully and it would be horrible for everyone with the lack of airflow. The design has got nothing to do with running out of money or the other ridiculous shit i've read in various mediums. It's an amazing stadium

seanoff

Juniors

Blame the NRL for not putting the temp seats in, they did it for Origin but the ticket pricing for that event ($120 a seat vs $50 last night) may have made it cost effective. At the least they should have allowed a few thousand standing tickets, people would have snapped them up.

The architects were the ones that wanted the stadium in the way it is, enclosing the northern end fully and it would be horrible for everyone with the lack of airflow. The design has got nothing to do with running out of money or the other ridiculous shit i've read in various mediums. It's an amazing stadium
Southerners do not understand. I’m in Darwin and any stadium here built like that would probs be the same. It would be a fire pit fully enclosed.

Diesel

Coach
Queensland labor government and their union mates have been exposed by News Ltd that spending $2.5b for 8000 extra seats at the Gabba. Talk of a new stadium at Albion, Doomben or renovation of QE2 (Broncos old stadium).
Can’t see Doonben getting up unless Racing QLD is compensated with a new track, probably out west & Albion is being used as a sports precinct during the Olympics. Hopefully Perry Park at Bowen Hills or something close to Coorparoo could be built & the Western Stadium at Suncorp pulled down to increase capacity to over 60k

Are there people deadset thinking the stadium is unfinished? I like the design and remember reading way back that airflow was an influencing factor in the design. Also the architect said a horseshoe was the inspiration given it’s home of the Cowboys. Would temporary seated have blocked airflow, though? I don’t know but yes, standing tickets should’ve been made available.

beave

Coach
Are there people deadset thinking the stadium is unfinished? I like the design and remember reading way back that airflow was an influencing factor in the design. Also the architect said a horseshoe was the inspiration given its home of the Cowboys. Would temporary seated have blocked airflow, though? I don’t know but yes, standing tickets should’ve been made available.
I went up for the opening night in 2020 and it was hotter than any other rd1/any night game I have been to at the old digs (probably went to about 150 at the old joint. I don't live in Tvl
these days but having spent 25 years up there the humidity doesn't really phase me but by the end of the game my clothes were drenched like I was in the pool. Would enclosing the northern make it hotter? Well I can say it's not going to make it any cooler........

This below is from the Cox website on the design.

4B71C903-8A21-44F8-A9EF-E9F460E402E4.jpeg

There was talk of building an entertainment centre at the northern end like Wollongong but once the Crocs went under it all died a natural death. The current location doesn't allow for it to happen now, they would have had to slide QCB southwards about 50-60m to give it the space.

King-Gutho94

Coach

The drone shots looked amazing the other night.

I haven't been to the new stadium would have loved to been there last Friday.

But having been to the old dairy farmers stadium back in 2006 it's doesn't even look like a contest. That was at the back of nowhere felt like a 30 min drive in pitch darkness from the CBD. You felt far away behind the goal posts.

My brother and Dad went up for a game in Townsville this year and both said the stadium was on par with Commbank where we all go too for every home for Parra.

It's Been Done

Juniors
The drone shots looked amazing the other night.

I haven't been to the new stadium would have loved to been there last Friday.

But having been to the old dairy farmers stadium back in 2006 it's doesn't even look like a contest. That was at the back of nowhere felt like a 30 min drive in pitch darkness from the CBD. You felt far away behind the goal posts.

My brother and Dad went up for a game in Townsville this year and both said the stadium was on par with Commbank where we all go too for every home for Parra.
It was worse if it rained like it did in the 2019 season opener, even under the stands it was raining

Wb1234

Referee
Queensland labor government and their union mates have been exposed by News Ltd that spending $2.5b for 8000 extra seats at the Gabba. Talk of a new stadium at Albion, Doomben or renovation of QE2 (Broncos old stadium).
Can’t see Doonben getting up unless Racing QLD is compensated with a new track, probably out west & Albion is being used as a sports precinct during the Olympics. Hopefully Perry Park at Bowen Hills or something close to Coorparoo could be built & the Western Stadium at Suncorp pulled down to increase capacity to over 60k
The dolphins have to find a way to get some of that money