What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the Roosters were only planning on doing that during the Allianz rebuild. Then the pandemic hit.
yeh it was one of the reasons, though it was a 3 year deal supposed to have started in 2020. Roosters, dogs, manly, souths, panthers. Think they are the clubs that have taken games on the road?

horrie hastings

First Grade

yobbo84

First Grade
Souths always take 3 home games on the road, so the only change it seems is taking one additional home game (probably vs the Roosters) to Allianz.

Solly has come out of all this with egg on his face.

big hit!

Bench
You would expect the Roosters would be the one Allianz game, one at Gosford, and another in Dubbo and probably one in QLD somewhere, Cairns or the Sunshine Coast or maybe Rusty will get one at Coffs Harbour.

Unless it's the first game next season, there's no way the Roosters game would be the SFS game and give them an advantage.

Has a roof as well!

I wonder why stadia costs there are much lower than here?
I imagine the costs get driven up because we import a lot of material and equipment as we don’t manufacture anything anymore. Also, those imports travel a greater distance with us being at the arse end of the earth. Might be more higher wages and red tape here too.

blukablu

Juniors
I imagine the costs get driven up because we import a lot of material and equipment as we don’t manufacture anything anymore. Also, those imports travel a greater distance with us being at the arse end of the earth. Might be more higher wages and red tape here too.

Wages are basically double if not triple for tradies in Australia compared to the UK.

Wb1234

Referee
Has a roof as well!

They aren’t

50 million pounds won’t do much at odsal

they do build brand new flat pack 15k grounds for around 15 to 20 million pounds (st Helen’s, Warrington) but costs have gone up now

Perth Red

Post Whore
Has a roof as well!

Used to be polish builders lol
Seriously though tradies here charge $150 an hour plus, in UK it'd be nearer $60 an hour. I live in a pretty affluent area of Perth and half the people in my street are tradies!

Iamback

Coach

Lack of skilled tradies too, Over there they have access to the rest of Europe for a work force