What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

An eastern stand at Wollongong and Brookvale should be the NRL's priority (regarding stadium upgrades). In both cases the eastern stand should be based on the same design as the existing northern stands.

Bruce Stadium may not be the best, but it is still better than most of the suburban grounds. If it is terrible on a cold winter night then schedule games at 3pm Sat or 2pm/4pm Sun.

Vlad59

Juniors
That doesn't help things mate, and tbh, there is probably a reason why so many have you on ignore.
Just try and chill.
He reads everything mate. He can pretend otherwise. He’s written 16000 posts in 16 months. This bloke is obsessed with himself.

cooko

Juniors
Bruce Stadium may not be the best, but it is still better than most of the suburban grounds. If it is terrible on a cold winter night then schedule games at 3pm Sat or 2pm/4pm to
Agreed. Canberra Stadium on a 2pm Sunday is actually pretty nice in the winter.

6pm Friday isn't the worst either and is also really easy to get to from anywhere in Canberra.

Raiders need to work out if they want bums on seats or free to air games as they can't have both. Bums on seats is the only way they will get an upgrade.

Canard

Immortal
Sure, they are going to put a swimming pool at Suncorp in the middle of the NRL season. I guess they can just put it on top of the grass? I know my grass always look terrific underneath where I have my temporary backyard pool. Interesting to know your thoughts on how this may work. Tell us more.
I don't think it's realistically a chance.

Remember the aquatics isn't just one swimming pool, it's multiple.

And all Australian Cities have world class aquatic centres already

MugaB

Coach
Honestly every stadium is nice at 2pm on a sunny Sunday.
Except Accor if you forgot your binoculars.
Yes but Canberra is by far the coldest, it should be given that sunday early arvo timeslot moreso than any in Sydney or qld
Townsville should get a Saturday night game due to the heat, and fans travel, and warriors get the Friday 6pm slot due to timezone, this should be the law then filter every other game around those 3 stadiums,

down the line if png come in, give them the alternate Townsville late Saturday timeslot, Christchurch get the Auckland 6pm friday alternate timeslot, and I suppose Perth could do with the Canberra 2pm slot (becomes a late game on EST)
...I'm a genius

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yes but Canberra is by far the coldest, it should be given that sunday early arvo timeslot moreso than any in Sydney or qld
Townsville should get a Saturday night game due to the heat, and fans travel, and warriors get the Friday 6pm slot due to timezone, this should be the law then filter every other game around those 3 stadiums,

down the line if png come in, give them the alternate Townsville late Saturday timeslot, Christchurch get the Auckland 6pm friday alternate timeslot, and I suppose Perth could do with the Canberra 2pm slot (becomes a late game on EST)
...I'm a genius
Was just making a point about the general quality of stadiums. I totally agree with you though, timeslots need to be better tailored to what works for different cities, what works for Townsville won’t necessarily work for Canberra or Auckland.

MugaB

Coach
Was just making a point about the general quality of stadiums. I totally agree with you though, timeslots need to be better tailored to what works for different cities, what works for Townsville won’t necessarily work for Canberra or Auckland.
Correct, maximise the exposure to the expansion areas and make sure these timeslots are settled in, that way no one can complain about conditions when the NRL have done their best under the circumstances, no Sydney or Seq team should complain about what I put forward, and it should help those key reasons in terms of settled crowds
and them getting even more bums on seats

Wb1234

Referee
It is a long shot but a possibility that the womens state of origin in Newcastle is sold out. If it is I reckon the government needs to commit $100m to upgrades of the ends to make it 40k.
They still owe Newcastle a men’s origin after the one got cancelled due to covid