What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

That's a mind boggling amount of money for two stadiums. Crazy.

Where will the Roosters play whilst Allianz is knocked down?

It really is.

And Sydney really doesn’t need Allianz to be 45k.

Hopefully they have provisions for an intimate mode there too.

Roosters I think will take a few games to central coast, and others at the SCG or perhaps Leichhardt.

Danish

Referee
Roosters will have 5-6 games at central coast, a few at SCG like ANZAC day, and probably a couple at Adelaide and in NZ or something.

Kinda sucks that I’ll have to give up my season tickets at the SFS. Had the same seats for over a decade now

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Surely thats enough for a roof on both stadiums and maybe some leftovers for a Dallas style jumbo screen. Get everyone up close to the action at ANZ and then they watch on a big screen anyway.
new-era-the-12th-cowpoke-rowdy-dallas-cowboys-fans-create-home-field-advantage-at-att-stadiu16.jpg

SCG. since other than Anzac day thier biggest crowds are in Adelaide and CC anyway so take a few more on the road.

Realistically Allianz will be rebuilt as a slightly more modernized version of it's current state. This is Australia so we have to realize that a huge amount of money will be spent on 'consultants' and hugely inflated building costs. Australian Governments don't have the ambition to build stadiums like those in the US and know they can get away with third rate stadiums as the average punter knows no better.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Roosters will have 5-6 games at central coast, a few at SCG like ANZAC day, and probably a couple at Adelaide and in NZ or something.

Kinda sucks that I’ll have to give up my season tickets at the SFS. Had the same seats for over a decade now

Same, I am right near the players tunnel in Bay 13. Had the seats for close to a decade. Won't be the same.

Marlins

Juniors
Very good. Although I’d still like Homebush to be done first.
Will be interesting to see the designs of these stadiums. The cost is gigantic. For instance the new Parra stadium will cost $300MiL and the artist design looks amazing.

Combined 2 billion for these stadiums. I’m thinking 1.2 Billion For Homebush.
800MiL for SFS. There’d better be World Class Stadiums for that price.

El Diablo

Post Whore
it now has the More to come from the above link
In September 2015, Mr Baird said his government would spend $1.6 billion partly gained from the privatisation of electricity assets on upgraded stadiums in Sydney.

That plan included a new stadium at Parramatta by 2019, construction of which is already under way.

The plan was then to build a new stadium to replace the 30-year-old Allianz Stadium at Moore Park, and to upgrade the former Olympic stadium known as ANZ at Olympic Park.

But the proposal to prioritise another stadium at Moore Park faced strong resistance from sporting organisations. Sydney's NRL clubs preferred the spending at Olympic Park, closer to the geographic heart of Sydney.

Also, the tenants at Allianz Stadium – Sydney FC, the Roosters, and the Waratahs – rebelled against the idea of a new stadium, in part because they would be displaced for years while it was built.

In response, Mr Baird took control of stadium planning in what was then a humiliating defeat for Mr Ayres, who had championed the idea of a new stadium at Moore Park. Under the plans Mr Baird announced in April, 2016, the priority would be ANZ Stadium, and there would be only minimal funds available for an upgrade of Allianz Stadium.

The decision on Thursday represents a triumphant reversal of fortunes for Mr Ayres and the powerful Sydney Cricket & Sports Ground Trust, with whom he is close. Trustees include talkback radio's Alan Jones, business figure Tony Shepherd, and former premier Barry O'Farrell.

By increasing the total spending on stadiums from $1.6 billion to around $2.3 billion, the government has in effect resolved the conflict between Allianz and ANZ Stadiums by finding money for them both.

But it has done so at some political risk. NSW Labor leader Luke Foley has said he would not spend money on Allianz Stadium in Sydney's east.

Danish

Referee
Media are starting up their campaign against.

I could easily see the govt buckling to pressure on this.

I love his list of things that money needs to be spent on.

I wonder if he has a plan on how to spend $2.3 billion on the concept of domestic violence? Does he mean like paying people to beat their wives? Or is he against it? It’s a bit unclear.

Then we have homelessness. Could pay half the homeless to kill the other half, then they could buy bus tickets to the Gold Coast with the profits. Problem solved.

Then he wants rego reduced..... this seems like a bit of a trivial issue than his other big causes. I can only assume he considers reducing rego as more important than catching pedophiles, or preventing murder, since those big issues weren’t on his list

The government has opened itself to a heap of criticism here. There simply isn’t a case for 45k seats at Allianz, and they’re going to be hammered on it.

If they’d rebuilt it to a more modest size they would’ve been able to sell it much more easily.

But, hey. Stuart Ayres has secured his future I guess.

LineBall

Juniors
I love his list of things that money needs to be spent on.

I wonder if he has a plan on how to spend $2.3 billion on the concept of domestic violence? Does he mean like paying people to beat their wives? Or is he against it? It’s a bit unclear.

Then we have homelessness. Could pay half the homeless to kill the other half, then they could buy bus tickets to the Gold Coast with the profits. Problem solved.

Then he wants rego reduced..... this seems like a bit of a trivial issue than his other big causes. I can only assume he considers reducing rego as more important than catching pedophiles, or preventing murder, since those big issues weren’t on his list

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-f...sport-projects-look-good-20171121-gzqd3x.html

The link above reports that NSW is planning on spending $66 Billion on road and light rail infrastructure in the coming years. Victoria is spending $38.5 Billion on similar projects. It also discusses how easily the cost benefit analyses can be manipulated to make a project appear worthwhile or not.

It makes $2 Billion spend on new stadiums seem like a drop in the ocean.

The Marshall

Juniors
3 world class stadiums in Sydney but RL fans still carry on like f**kwits because they only wanted 2.

Some of you would deadset turn down Miranda Kerr because she didnt have the right colour underwear on.

3 world class stadiums. Great day for rugby league.
Oh sorry I wasn’t aware they had already been built....

The Marshall

Juniors
So now your whinging on the announcement day that they haven't been built yet? lol
Yeah of course I am :rolleyes:

How do you even know they will be built after the government have constantly changed their minds over the last 2 years? Have you seen plans of these “world class” stadiums? They haven’t even said if ANZ will be rectangular yet!

3 world class stadiums in Sydney but RL fans still carry on like f**kwits because they only wanted 2.

Some of you would deadset turn down Miranda Kerr because she didnt have the right colour underwear on.

3 world class stadiums. Great day for rugby league.

It’s great for sport in Sydney but that doesn’t mean we can’t analyse it with a more critical eye.

I mean Allianz needs rebuilding but it’s very fare to say 45,000 and $700m is too much. It really didn’t need much more than Parramatta.

Latest posts