What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

cleary89

Coach
Yeah of course I am :rolleyes:

How do you even know they will be built after the government have constantly changed their minds over the last 2 years? Have you seen plans of these “world class” stadiums? They haven’t even said if ANZ will be rectangular yet!

Ok sorry. It actually is a horrible day for the nrl when the government announced over $2bn for our stadiums. Truly a terrible day.

cleary89

Coach
It’s great for sport in Sydney but that doesn’t mean we can’t analyse it with a more critical eye.

I mean Allianz needs rebuilding but it’s very fare to say 45,000 and $700m is too much. It really didn’t need much more than Parramatta.

More the merrier. We are rugby league fans. Surely we would rather rugby league infrastructure that will be awesome for the next few decades then some more roads.

I doubt many if any AFL fans carry on like this when their sport gets money.

El Diablo

Post Whore
3 world class stadiums in Sydney but RL fans still carry on like f**kwits because they only wanted 2.

Some of you would deadset turn down Miranda Kerr because she didnt have the right colour underwear on.

3 world class stadiums. Great day for rugby league.
So now your whinging on the announcement day that they haven't been built yet? lol

they must be Perth Dickhead alts who aren't happy unless they're whinging

More the merrier. We are rugby league fans. Surely we would rather rugby league infrastructure that will be awesome for the next few decades then some more roads.

I doubt many if any AFL fans carry on like this when their sport gets money.

Bigger isn’t always better, and in the case of Allianz it most certainly isn’t.

The facts back it up too. It simply won’t see many events that pull over 35000, perhaps only 3 a year.

AFL fans wouldn’t carry on because they’ll fill the stadium, Sydney doesn’t. We need to be realistic about stadium size.

Timbo

Staff member
We have to share.

The Socceroos and Wallabies want 45k at Moore Park. They draw 45k at Moore Park as often as league draws more than 60k at Homebush.

The best way to make sure nothing ever gets built is for league, union and soccer to get into a pissing match.

Suitman

Post Whore
Without seeing any designs of the new stadium who knows what they will come up with....

They ARE NOT going to rebuild it in it's current circular shape. Period!!

And for the record, this was posted 4 pages ago.

anz_stadium_rectangular17.jpg

We have to share.

The Socceroos and Wallabies want 45k at Moore Park. They draw 45k at Moore Park as often as league draws more than 60k at Homebush.

The best way to make sure nothing ever gets built is for league, union and soccer to get into a pissing match.

Socceroos? Can’t say I ever heard the FFA about Allianz, they were all in for ANZ. Pretty much all Socceroos games in Sydney are now at ANZ.

Wallabies will fill Allianz perhaps once per year, and instead they could easily play that match at ANZ. I really don’t see how 45,000 is justified.

I’m not looking at it from a RL perspective, I’m looking at it for what’s best for Sydney. It makes much more sense to have one stadium for the big events and the other stadiums be club grounds.

The Marshall

Juniors
They ARE NOT going to rebuild it in it's current circular shape. Period!!

And for the record, this was posted 4 pages ago.

anz_stadium_rectangular17.jpg
That’s never going to be built isn’t that the design with the current stadium being gutted and renovated?

For the record I want nothing more then a perfect rectangular stadium but with ANZ being last to be built it gives the AFL and Ayers a lot of time to make it dual use...

Suitman

Post Whore
That’s never going to be built isn’t that the design with the current stadium being gutted and renovated?

For the record I want nothing more then a perfect rectangular stadium but with ANZ being last to be built it gives the AFL and Ayers a lot of time to make it dual use...

Not sure how many times you have to hear this.
It will be rectangular. Now stfu Stuart.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-s...l/news-story/3012627f5ced7abcb6b91d2e7382c7de

Opposition leader Luke Foley acknowledges ANZ needs to be upgraded but opposes the additional funding for Allianz which he’s described as a “white elephant”.

“I can’t and won’t support $2.5 billion on a couple of sporting stadiums when there are 100,000 school kids being taught in demountable classrooms,” Mr Foley told reporters on Thursday.

“When you add it all up, it’s $2.5 billion while we have record waiting lists for elective surgery and at emergency departments in western Sydney.”

i expect the resident SJW to come in and chuck a tanty now that one of his idols has spoken