What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Raiderdave

First Grade
Tbf we built two new hospitals at the same time so the moaners had little to complain about!

Majority here have been calling for subi to be replaced for over a decade, I didn’t really see any objection and generally most applauded the govt for finally making it happen after years and years of reports and proposals

theres schools being built , not sure about hospitals but id be surprised if there aren't more planned to be built
not to shut up moaners , but because they have to be built to keep up with population growth & Sydneys expected population of 8 million in 30 years time.

taipan

Referee
Well I got off my a*se yesterday and emailed my local Liberal member, stating "if as your Government states is the ""Infrastructure Government" ,(and to date that appears to be the case), and you have gone ahead a made a full-blown public commitment to improve stadium infrastructure,then decide to back flip.you have opened a can of worms.
Who in their right mind can genuinely trust your Governement ever again.
Remember rectangular stadiums are not just for the use of one code but 3 , also visiting codes, and entertainment.There have been a vocal large number of anti stadium upgrade protestors, but be well aware there are large numbers of people who want the upgrades.
Surely refurbishing the SFS and reconfiguring ANZ as a rectangular stadium with decent cover would be far less expensive than the current proposals."
I did mention also the fact, post 2000 Olympics the remit was for that stadium to be made rectangular configuration, then the AFL stepped in and ensured this did not happen.

Now if a gumbo like me can spend 5 minutes or more sending email to a local State member explaining why the need for ANZ to go rectangular and SFS refurbished, then everyone else is more than capable of doing likewise.
The results may well help put the pressure needed on the Govtt o stick to their guns.

Go to it fellow sport lovers, that's what we pay politicians for,to actually work for us, not to bonk around in Canberra or Macquarie Street.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
if a Victorian taxpayer wants to put an extension on their house and buy some new furniture will their government pay for that too?

Jamberoo

Juniors
It's owned by the AFL now, and the Vic govt are planning on giving it a $300 million upgrade with taxpayers money.
It was developed by a private consortium and has always been privately owned. The Vic govt is not planning anything, the AFL who bought it two years ago, have plans to upgrade and expand the precinct (not so much the stadium itself) but the govt has not confirmed anything. The issue is not of much interest here.

Jamberoo

Juniors
if a Victorian taxpayer wants to put an extension on their house and buy some new furniture will their government pay for that too?
So you criticise Victoria for spending money on great sporting infrastructure, and complain about NSW because they don’t.
Clever.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It was developed by a private consortium and has always been privately owned. The Vic govt is not planning anything, the AFL who bought it two years ago, have plans to upgrade and expand the precinct (not so much the stadium itself) but the govt has not confirmed anything. The issue is not of much interest here.

So you criticise Victoria for spending money on great sporting infrastructure, and complain about NSW because they don’t.
Clever.

the venues in NSW are Government owned

Etihad is privately owned by the AFL

El Diablo

Post Whore
now
NSW people complaining about their tax dollars re building govt owned stadia is one thing

Victorians..... not ... complaining about their tax dollars renovating a privately owned stadium speaks volumes about their rampant stupidity
Victorians are more likely to complain that if the opposition wins the next election they won't give them $300 million

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, I am serious. You've just shown me examples of where it has happened in London.
Most MLS teams have got on board with rich owners and developed their own stadiums.
Tell me why Parramatta couldn't get on board with someone like Meriton to develop the current stadium, and instead of building a 17 level hotel by themselves, develop a 40 or 50 storey apartment block like Meriton have just built in Parramatta, and in the meantime, redevelop the stadium as well? We're talking about a $300 million stadium. Not the figures you have proposed about Arsenal. The North Parramatta development plan that is proposed and the increase in population for that area could easily in itself cover extra revenue needed for such developments.
We are backwards.

Isn’t this what manly wanted to do? Redevelop around and get the developers to pay for the new stadium?
It’s a shame Cronulla we’re so desperate for cash and weren’t able to get the developers to rebuild the stadium as part of the deal.
the wa cricket association are planning something similiar with the waca and in effect the eventual sale of the land at subi oval will go some ways to paying for the Optus stadium.

Joint redevelopment and stadia construction can work if you’ve got valuable development land.

Jamberoo

Juniors
now
NSW people complaining about their tax dollars re building govt owned stadia is one thing

Victorians..... not ... complaining about their tax dollars renovating a privately owned stadium speaks volumes about their rampant stupidity
Why does it matter who owns it? Makes no difference for the fans.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Why does it matter who owns it? Makes no difference for the fans.

hahahaha

seriously
you're just reinforcing how stupid you mongs are south of the border

as someone said
I want a reno on my restaurant on South Bank
& I want the Vic Govt to pay for it

would that be right ?

now clench your fist
upper cuts
rain them on your chin dopey

Latest posts