What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

horrie hastings

First Grade
Something fishy going on too will all the renderings having Souths as a home tenant despite no sign they will shift from ANZ.

This stadium will only be viable with the Roosters full time, 8x Souths games, 4x Dragons games and 4-8 Manly games.

Souths would be only team I could see going back to the SFS, there is no way Manly would even consider playing one game there unless It was short term while Brookvale was being upgraded and we know that is not very likely to happen. Saints would only play the Anzac Day game there.

So in reality as for full time tenants, Roosters full time, Waratahs and Sydney FC and possibly Souths if they can be enticed back, so unless something drastic happens and other clubs are forced to play there it will be the same 3 tenants as now plus maybe Souths.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Space around the ground, residents, just a big headache basically.

There was an initial plan to build a stadium in the precinct 3-4 years ago to a capacity of 55-60k, there was a major backlash. A good thing in the end because that number was too small to be our major stadium & too big to be a club stadium.

Does that mean that the SCG will also never really be much bigger than it is at the moment?

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...e-western-sydney-stadium-20180614-p4zlg3.html

Pic from the article.....

52591d436bc653103c6e5559034d79a9561c965e
you can't see the post before yours?

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/12957769/

horrie hastings

First Grade
Does that mean that the SCG will also never really be much bigger than it is at the moment?

In reality yes. I do find it funny though before all the talk of the SFS rebuild come up the SCG trust were talking about demolishing the O Reilly stand and replacing it with a superior facility and also there was talk of then demolishing and replacing the Brewongle and Clive Churchill stands, haven't heard anything about this since the SFS rebuild has taken front page.

Timbo

Staff member
So in reality as for full time tenants, Roosters full time, Waratahs and Sydney FC and possibly Souths if they can be enticed back, so unless something drastic happens and other clubs are forced to play there it will be the same 3 tenants as now plus maybe Souths.

If they got 10 Souths games a year, 11 Roosters games, Waratahs, Sydney FC, ANZAC Day, Wallabies and Socceroos matches, Sydney semi-finals, you're still looking at ~60 match days a year.

It's a pretty well used stadium if that's the case.

beave

Coach
How in f**ks name is that walkway worth $38million?

And even I know the f**king thing should have been built further north up towards Moore Park rd to capture the punters walking from central station and the bars from the inner city, and I’m not a town planner.

Last edited:
In reality yes. I do find it funny though before all the talk of the SFS rebuild come up the SCG trust were talking about demolishing the O Reilly stand and replacing it with a superior facility and also there was talk of then demolishing and replacing the Brewongle and Clive Churchill stands, haven't heard anything about this since the SFS rebuild has taken front page.

That’s been their master plan for some time.

I expect they’ll be done within the next 10-15 years.

And I know the f**king thing should have been further north up towards Moore Park rd to capture the punters walking from central station and the bars from the inner city, and I’m not a town planner.

It’s because they wanted a stadium on the northern end, at least that’s what the speculation was.

If they got 10 Souths games a year, 11 Roosters games, Waratahs, Sydney FC, ANZAC Day, Wallabies and Socceroos matches, Sydney semi-finals, you're still looking at ~60 match days a year.

It's a pretty well used stadium if that's the case.

Even without Souths the stadium is used enough to warrant an upgrade. Not many stadiums have 3 full time tenants.

What’s really hurting that venue for its tenants is the SCG trust and it’s memberships. This limits the capacity of those clubs to earn money. More pressure needs to be put towards disbanding the SCG trust and it’s gold memberships. Keep the cricket memberships out of tradition, but in general they harm the clubs & the potential of anyone wanting to hire the ground to earn money.

Billythekid

First Grade
Every time I read about the Sydney stadiums it gets more depressing. We were so close to finally fixing the ANZ cancer which has riddled our game for almost 20 years and now look at this shit.

Every time I read about the Sydney stadiums it gets more depressing. We were so close to finally fixing the ANZ cancer which has riddled our game for almost 20 years and now look at this shit.

I keep seeing this professed, but ANZ is still goimg to be far superior than it is now. ANZ is basically back to where the Mike Baird announcement was 2 years ago.

For NRL games the new ANZ will be much better, sure a new stadium would’ve been the best option for Sydney, but for the NRL there’s little difference between the renovation & a rebuild.

Yep it still is their master plan, I’m just amazed how you little you hear about it now compared to the knock down and rebuild of the SFS.

I think the SCG trust realised they couldn’t get both, there was too much pressure to have western Sydney stadiums receive money.

They’ll likely start campaigning as soon as Allianz is done.

Perth Red

Post Whore
T

And I know the f**king thing should have been further north up towards Moore Park rd to capture the punters walking from central station and the bars from the inner city, and I’m not a town planner.

thats nothing , our footbridge to Optus stadium has taken longer than the stadium to build and is costing $80mill!!!