What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
i remember you telling sharks supporters on here that their ground was not good enough for their games, and they were telling you to go jump, and that they liked their ground. i can understand why people would say that anz stadium is too big for a normal club game but rabbitohs got a very good deal to play there and the location is fairly central in the whole sydney area. sometimes clubs will sacrifice "atmosphere" for other things. i usually sit near the burrow, so the atmosphere seems pretty good to me

Again nothing to do with capacity of shark park, it is reasonable for the size of their supporter base. Everything to do with facilities for fans. And yes the people who bother going my be happy with it but if the clubs are to grow their attendances, memberships and independent revenues it's the people that are not going that matter.

Good on you if you are happy with sitting in an empty massive stadium, again it's a terrible look for the game and does nothing to entice people off their armchairs. Sydney needs 4-5 25-35k modern stadiums. This plan gives them one! In a decades time Sydney RL fans will still be asking why other cities have great RL stadiums and yet the games heart doesn't despite $1.2billion having been spent.

alien

Referee
maybe they'll give the sfs a roof which would keep the sound in and just cover the top level for games that get a small attendance. the eastern sydney clubs could use that if they want to and the west sydney clubs could use the new parra stadium if they want to.

TheRam

Coach
With the Warriors agreeing to a 10 year extension of their Mt. Smart contract, Jim Doyle has now wisely resumed the discussion of new central rectangular Auckland Stadium. Given how slowly these infrastructure projects progress, a decade long time frame is sadly all too realistic.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...m-with-blues-auckland-council-interested.html

Ten years if ever? Truly was a massive missed opportunity if there ever was one. If they had of built the waterside stadium as suggested, I have no doubt that the Warrior would now boast almost Broncos size attendances.

What a waste. Will never happen now. Pity. League misses out again.

Consigned to playing out of a paddock with a couple of second rate stands. Real enticing stuff, especially in the heart of an NZ winter.

What useless governments both here and in NZ. USELESS!!!

carcharias

Immortal
Again nothing to do with capacity of shark park, it is reasonable for the size of their supporter base. Everything to do with facilities for fans. And yes the people who bother going my be happy with it but if the clubs are to grow their attendances, memberships and independent revenues it's the people that are not going that matter.

Good on you if you are happy with sitting in an empty massive stadium, again it's a terrible look for the game and does nothing to entice people off their armchairs. Sydney needs 4-5 25-35k modern stadiums. This plan gives them one! In a decades time Sydney RL fans will still be asking why other cities have great RL stadiums and yet the games heart doesn't despite $1.2billion having been spent.

How's that Perth team going?

We love shark park
Has something for everyone.
Only soft soap dodgers don't get what it's all about.

Pommy

Coach
which clubs don't have decent sized stadiums though? penrith, manly, cronulla have grounds that are big enough for their attendances, so they don't really need bigger grounds. parra needs an upgrade and they should get another level of seats behind the posts on both ends. i don't really hear about many rabbitohs supporters complaining about having home games at anz stadium. it seems to bother you a lot more than it does the supporters that actually watch games there

Loads of Rabbitohs supporters say ANZ is wank. It's an awful place it will never be good as a home ground as it's just way to big.
The only benefit it has over Allianz is transport links and I'm not sure that's a big enough perk and I travel from Liverpool. I will be at Allianz tonight and I already know everything relevant to watching sport is better there than ANZ.

I've not yet been to shark park and won't again this season due to the draw but Penrith I found to be a great ground also. Yes it's pretty basic but it wasn't a hollow empty depressing place like ANZ.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
Loads of Rabbitohs supporters say ANZ is wank. It's an awful place it will never be good as a home ground as it's just way to big.
The only benefit it has over Allianz is transport links and I'm not sure that's a big enough perk and I travel from Liverpool. I will be at Allianz tonight and I already know everything relevant to watch sport is better there than ANZ.

I've not yet been to shark park and won't again this season due to the draw but Penrith I found to be a great ground also. Yes it's pretty basic but it wasn't a hollow empty depressing place like ANZ.

Shark Park is a great place to watch a game. Looking forward to being there on Easter Monday.

carcharias

Immortal
I found that the only decent viewing spots are the limited seats in the stands
The hill next to the leagues club might be ok

I spent years on the hill
Then sat in concourse seats
Then peter burns stand
Now in the southern stand

could see the game from all spots.

carcharias

Immortal
Shark park is one of the worst grounds to watch football

Who are you kidding

you'd be wrong then...

11of1_zps6cf761d5.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
The fit female supporters were certainly the highlight of my trips to Shark park. The freezing wind and rain blowing in my face whilst being charged $45 for the privilege and missing 1/4 of the game queing for hot drinks the lowlights.

carcharias

Immortal
The fit female supporters were certainly the highlight of my trips to Shark park. The freezing wind and rain blowing in my face whilst being charged $45 for the privilege and missing 1/4 of the game queing for hot drinks the lowlights.

i freakin love that story
The time when Perth red went to shark park
Got piss soaking wet , got ripped off and missed half the game on account of him lining for a twinkie drink.

carcharias

Immortal
You obviously haven't been to shark park in a while.
The last 5 or so years have seen a massive improvement
The tower is gone
The new southern stand was built
A massive step up in food options
Game day experience has vastly improved since Gorman arrived.
Even a coffee van .... If that's your go.

yadamisha

Juniors
You obviously haven't been to shark park in a while.
The last 5 or so years have seen a massive improvement
The tower is gone
The new southern stand was built
A massive step up in food options
Game day experience has vastly improved since Gorman arrived.
Even a coffee van .... If that's your go.

Shark Park just ranked No 1 by the NRL for game day experience as well.

Latest posts