What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Doesn't have to be either of those things. Get some decent 20-25k stadiums built. sydney is supposed to be the stronghold of nrl yet it doesnt have one single appropriately sized modern stadium for club games.
Did you watch the hull fc v Leeds challenge cup game? That's what we should be seeing in the NRL.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

v

641294-b2f6e836-3657-11e4-a5a3-257a79d5c9ca.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Like I said neither of those images are appropriate for a modern top tier $billion sport. It's not 1976 anymore!

Perth Red

Post Whore
why do people go to these types of games and not stadiums then?

They don't, perfect Sunday sunny afternoon, two local clubs. 14k attended. If the game had sold out or if 14k were turning up regardless of weather then you might have a point. The biggest crowds in Sydney are not at suburban grounds.

The problem is the two options at The moment ie shtty old local parks or mammoth major event stadiums are not great for club games that are aVg 12-16k. League clubs in UK have managed to move to modern stadiums with appropriate capacities for their needs, Sydney needs to catch up and do same. I keep hearing how wealthy the pokie dens are at panthers, St's,eels etc, how about they invest that wealth in new stadiums such as we have seen built at St Helens and hull?

the pics speak for themselves.

Leichardt looked great on tv last night

Two West Sydney teams at Leichardt yet couldn't sell it out on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Cowboys/Sharks on a Saturday night drew more than a match between two local teams. If supporters love suburban grounds so much, they should be selling them out.

Embarrassing whenever there's a sub 10k crowd at suburban ground make our code look like a pub sport. Modern stadiums are a necessity for the game's future, games such as Eels/Bulldogs, Dragons/Souths and Rooster/Souths are too big for the suburban ground. All about getting the perfect mix of suburban and modern stadiums.

For example, Cowboys vs Bulldogs should occur at Belmore not ANZ.

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
To rid the NRL of the Stain of ANZ this has to happen;

Souths have to go back to where they came from. Redfern. Or make a claim for SOUTH west sydney as per my opening LU thread.

StG goes oki and WIN. Or just WIN sfs FOR Blockbusters.

Parra
stay at parra.

Bulldogs play half games at Belmore...the other half?

hmmmm. Thats a tough one. They draw big crowds, Homebush is in the heart of bankstown and Concord oval may not suit the blockbusters.

Maybe with just bulldogs blockbusters we cop the dick on the chin and go ANZ

carcharias

Immortal
Considering the averages for "Stadiums" is 5k-10k above these suburban numbers, they obviously do.....

So what
All I said was a full Leichhardt oval looks heaps better than an empty stadium
And I'm right .

Games played in those empty stadiums make the game look woeful.
It's embarrassing for the NRL.

A full suburban ground on the TV is a heaps better advertisement for the game.

. Roosters will be a work in progress
"Work in progress" is an over-used expression in regard to football teams but it's an issue Sydney Roosters will have to confront if Allianz Stadium is redeveloped, as proposed by the NRL. "They've said we can continue to play there, that they'll work around us," Roosters CEO Brian Canavan told Set of Six. "I've not had a close look at the State budget yet."
If the tricolours do have to move games, then Gosford's Central Coast Stadium is a candidate after 12,569 showed up to Sunday's win over Gold Coast. The club already has a four-year agreement to take a home game each season there. "We haven't even thought about that but we certainly like coming up here," said Canavan, who calculated that Sydney Roosters had lost 11 of their previous 12 relocated home matches before a 20-10 success yesterday.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sidering-hybrid-schedule-20150628-ghzsrs.html

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what
All I said was a full Leichhardt oval looks heaps better than an empty stadium
And I'm right .

Games played in those empty stadiums make the game look woeful.
It's embarrassing for the NRL.

A full suburban ground on the TV is a heaps better advertisement for the game.

Like I said neither is a good look. Empty big stadiums make it look a modern game that no one watches, full local parks make it look like a popular amateur sport. Sydney needs aami style 20-25k stadiums to get the total package, fullish grounds in modern stadia.

Problem is the NRL and nsw govt solution is a poor one that answers neither of these issues for clubs.

carcharias

Immortal
A full suburban ground is not a good look?

Sorry I disagree
It's awesome
It's footy

Go watch footy in England