What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm not a huge fan of suburban grounds but...

16,500 looks amazing at Belmore. At ANZ it's a ghost town.

Again the argument shouldn't be suburban hill or empty ANZ, but why doesnt Sydney have any decent mid size RL stadiums? That belmore crowd of 16k would beequally good in a modern stadium for 20-25k and the game would look like the modern $billion top tier comp it wants to be.

carcharias

Immortal
I'm not going to do a re-crap of your posts. They are painful enough the first time.

Ha

You're to stupid to even understand my posts let alone do a recap.

f**k knows where you got it in your head I was comparing the sharks to Wests .

Timbo

Staff member
Again the argument shouldn't be suburban hill or empty ANZ, but why doesnt Sydney have any decent mid size RL stadiums? That belmore crowd of 16k would beequally good in a modern stadium for 20-25k and the game would look like the modern $billion top tier comp it wants to be.

Parramatta and Penrith say hi.

Also, Belmore has a better grandstand than Cronulla, Kogarah, Brookvale or Leichhardt. It's actually quite strange that it was the first suburban ground to be abandoned.

gallagher

Juniors
Ha

You're to stupid to even understand my posts let alone do a recap.

f**k knows where you got it in your head I was comparing the sharks to Wests .

Well you asked me who i followed. I answered wests then said
'At least my team has a plan'.
i assumed you compared your shit to my shit. Surely you weren't comparing your little club to souths Canterbury and easts? The only other clubs we have mentioned.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even at parra and Penrith the cover is very limited in rain and the stands low angles. It's not till you go to somewhere like aami or the new stand at nib that you realise how poor these stands are at the older grounds. Instead of wasting a billion on Moore park and Allianz they should start constructing 4-5 new suburban modern stadia of 20-25k. SL and EPl have transformed their playing arenas in the space of 20 years, nrl in Sydney needs to make a start now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Belmore looks like to could be turns into a reasonable ground with a new main stand and two end stands. Again around $150-200 mill would turn it into a great 25k ground for the dogs, not sure what surrounding area is like for getting to it though which is always a big consideration.

carcharias

Immortal
Well you asked me who i followed. I answered wests then said
'At least my team has a plan'.
i assumed you compared your shit to my shit. Surely you weren't comparing your little club to souths Canterbury and easts? The only other clubs we have mentioned.

I was saying at least my team has a plan.
The development is the plan.
They are looking ok for the future.
That is all.

If I was hanging shit on Wests I'd just f**king say it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The new south stand at nib takes up hardly any room it so steep, at the current seating end you could fit it in probably, then a big 10k -12kstand on the hill and you've got a compact 25k ish stadium. Probably have issues with planning given how close residential accomodation is and there lies one of the big issues for upgrading suburban grounds.

gallagher

Juniors
I was saying at least my team has a plan.
The development is the plan.
They are looking ok for the future.
That is all.

If I was hanging shit on Wests I'd just f**king say it.

Holy crap. You were comparing the sharks to the bunnies and the roosters. Lol , my bad

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The land that belmore sits on would probably be worth $450M

It ain't becomming a full-time venue

It will be appartments in 20 Years

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Even at parra and Penrith the cover is very limited in rain and the stands low angles. It's not till you go to somewhere like aami or the new stand at nib that you realise how poor these stands are at the older grounds. Instead of wasting a billion on Moore park and Allianz they should start constructing 4-5 new suburban modern stadia of 20-25k. SL and EPl have transformed their playing arenas in the space of 20 years, nrl in Sydney needs to make a start now.

My friend and i sat in some very expensive seats on the concourse during the opening ANZAC test match at AAMI Stadium in melbourne a few years back until it got silly. We got saturated in the pouring rain. Spent most of the match standing in exit watching the match. AAMI stadium by no means a perfect design, though of course better than olympic park.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh we did the same, after paying top price for 50m line seats ended up behind the sticks when the rain came down. Why Australian architects can't design stands with roofs that actually cover every seat I have no idea! Your actually better protected at the ends at aami than you are the lower tier side stands. Having said that the view is great and stand steepness puts you right in the action, corporate facilities are outstanding and food and toilets are good.

alien

Referee
To rid the NRL of the Stain of ANZ this has to happen;

Souths have to go back to where they came from. Redfern. Or make a claim for SOUTH west sydney as per my opening LU thread.

StG goes oki and WIN. Or just WIN sfs FOR Blockbusters.

Parra
stay at parra.

Bulldogs play half games at Belmore...the other half?

hmmmm. Thats a tough one. They draw big crowds, Homebush is in the heart of bankstown and Concord oval may not suit the blockbusters.

Maybe with just bulldogs blockbusters we cop the dick on the chin and go ANZ

How about clubs choose for themselves where they play THEIR home games!

alien

Referee
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

[/IMG]

leichhardt oval is a shit hole though. the only time it looked good was when there was that C'MON WESTS banner being held up in the middle of their nasty hill. it was like light being surrounded by darkness. i remember the guy who held up that banner - he was a good bloke. i wonder what happened to him. the balmain people must have hated that banner in the middle of their hill :lol:

3150b5i.jpg

Latest posts