What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

unforgiven

Bench
Those office blocks you speak of are actually residential apartments. All of them.
There are laneways and restaurants and it is quite a revitalized and vibrant area.
In saying that, I miss the Entertainment Centre as well.
I thought they were, I've been to the theatre in the conventions centre and it just isn't the same. Nowhere near large enough.

siv

First Grade
Those office blocks you speak of are actually residential apartments. All of them.
There are laneways and restaurants and it is quite a revitalized and vibrant area.
In saying that, I miss the Entertainment Centre as well.

No their not - its the Comm Bank new Darling Harbour office block. I have been inside

Suitman

Post Whore
No their not - its the Comm Bank new Darling Harbour office block. I have been inside

I see the Comm Bank building now. My mistake, but the rest of the development is apartments.

20190828-103514.jpg

And..... it has some fantastic street activation at ground level with, as I said, laneways, plenty of restaurants and green space. It blends in well with Darling Harbour as a whole.

20191006-140009.jpg

20191006-133328.jpg

20191006-140814.jpg

I know we've talked about the lost opportunity of building the new SFS over the railyards at Central, but this would have been an equally good location for an inner city stadium.
Possibly even better with its access to Darling Harbour and China Town. Light rail to the door step and Central a 5 minute walk away.
In fact, I think it would have been better.

flippikat

Bench
Fixed it for you :sweat_smile:

In all seriousness it seems like a great stadium and would be awesome to have a full time NZ2 playing out of it

Given that a lot of our rugby (union and league) is played at night due to TV demands, any city in NZ with a covered stadium is at a distinct advantage - especially in the middle of a Kiwi winter.

All eyes on Auckland now to see if they can do the right thing.

taipan

Referee
All well and good ,and I think it's about time, but the question on every voters' lips, does it meet with Bandana Head's approval?
IOW will the Walla Bees lower themselves to play in a stadium ,that was apparently only for rugby league's and V'Landys's benefit.

https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/proposed-stadium.php?id=19

riverbank-west-concept-2.jpg

Riverbank West Arena is a proposed new multi-purpose stadium on the edge of Adelaide's CBD.

The stadium features a capacity of 22,000 for rectangular sports such as football, rugby league and union. The football pitch can then rise up to cover the arena and reveal a lower bowl, able to host sports such as basketball and netball with a capacity of 15,000. Arena-style concerts will be able to attract up to 30,000 fans.

greenBV4

Bench
https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/proposed-stadium.php?id=19

riverbank-west-concept-2.jpg

Riverbank West Arena is a proposed new multi-purpose stadium on the edge of Adelaide's CBD.

The stadium features a capacity of 22,000 for rectangular sports such as football, rugby league and union. The football pitch can then rise up to cover the arena and reveal a lower bowl, able to host sports such as basketball and netball with a capacity of 15,000. Arena-style concerts will be able to attract up to 30,000 fans.
beautiful looking stadium, and a very interesting design

sadly it will likely go without an NRL team making the most of it for the forseeable future

ash the bash

Juniors
Few articles in the past few days mention the 4 new mini Bankwest "Suburban grounds".

Brookvale
Penrith
Liverpool
Kogarah

Still not sold on Kogarah as the Sharks have stated they do not plan to move. Would have preferred Kogarah money split between Leichhardt Oval, Kogarah, WIN stadium and Shark Park. Unless of course they offer the Sharks a deal too good to refuse (Godfather PVL). The loss of game day income to Sharks leagues club would be hard to make up one would feel.

Interested to see what Wests Tigers do if Liverpool becomes reality, I can't see them ever moving away from Leichhardt Oval. Maybe 4 games at LO, 7 games at Liverpool stadium, 1 at Tamworth ? Need to hear a Wests Tigers fan's POV.

Think Liverpool stadium will be ideal for the Bulldogs.

Future Sydney NRL club venues: (capacity just a guess)

SFS 42,500: Roosters, Souths, Anzac game
Liverpool 32,000: Bulldogs, 7 Wests Tigers
Bankwest 30,000: Eels
Penrith 22,500: Panthers
Kogarah 22,500: Dragons
Brookvale 20,000: Manly
Shark Park 19,500: Sharks
Leichhardt Oval 19,000: 4 Wests Tigers

I think that sorts Sydney NRL club venues into the future.

cleary89

Coach
The State Government has confirmed Kogarah Oval will be the first suburban ground likely to be re-developed under a new local stadium plan.

Details will be unveiled in this month’s budget, but Kogarah is likely to be followed by other stadium re-developments.

NSW Treasurer Dominic Perrottet told Ben Fordham major stadiums are not the government’s only focus.

“The NRL has raised with us a focus on Brookvale, Liverpool and Penrith.

“If we can provide great quality community facilities … it breeds life into the local businesses.”

https://www.2gb.com/nsw-treasurer-confirms-plan-to-transform-suburban-footy-grounds/

Latest posts