What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Read it carefully.My two examples Storm who obviously play in Melbourne ,then 6pm so be it.Warriors can play 6pm their time 8pm our time.I do trust that clarifies it for you.

Perhaps you should relocate to NZ,then you can be two hours ahead of us.
:?

Why would you want Melbourne playing at 6pm, we are trying to grow the game in Victoria! Whoever plays at 6pm in Australia is screwed crowd wise. But keep telling us how positive it is the NRL has control of scheduling lol.

taipan

Referee
6:00 pm NZ time is 4:00pm here!
An 8:00pm game in Melbourne would be at 10:00pm NZ time

8pm games already happen on Friday night in Oz point 1. Check SOO for NZ viewers.
8pm NZ is 6pm here for Friday TV viewing.That was my intention.Local derbies could also be offered for 6pm Fridays.
7pm games happen in Oz now.

I hate the fact we have 6pm Friday,but hate Mondays even more.We have little choice.

Unless you can come up with alternatives,be my guest.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
:?

Why would you want Melbourne playing at 6pm, we are trying to grow the game in Victoria! Whoever plays at 6pm in Australia is screwed crowd wise. But keep telling us how positive it is the NRL has control of scheduling lol.

Did I suggest it was ideal?

If I had a choice there would be 1 Friday night game 8pm
Two on Saturday ,the rest on Sunday afternoon.It will never happen.

My point has been Monday nights at 7pm are crap with school/work the next day.That also affects Melbourne.
Whoever plays on Monday nights is screwed crowd wise.Have a look at the crowds then.B.all families.

Well seeing your negative crystal ball know exactly what is happening in 2018,how can I argue with that.:roll:
You state the NRL will have no control over scheduling,wait and see FFS.

You bitch about Sydney clubs,stadiums,scheduling,TV deals,expansion,and offer nothing as a realistic alternative.You would be quite happy to see Sydney clubs axed,and stuff the fans of those clubs involved.It's all about you.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Did I suggest it was ideal?

If I had a choice there would be 1 Friday night game 8pm
Two on Saturday ,the rest on Sunday afternoon.It will never happen.

My point has been Monday nights at 7pm are crap with school/work the next day.That also affects Melbourne.
Whoever plays on Monday nights is screwed crowd wise.Have a look at the crowds then.B.all families.

Well seeing your negative crystal ball know exactly what is happening in 2018,how can I argue with that.:roll:
You state the NRL will have no control over scheduling,wait and see FFS.

You bitch about Sydney clubs,stadiums,scheduling,TV deals,expansion,and offer nothing as a realistic alternative.You would be quite happy to see Sydney clubs axed,and stuff the fans of those clubs involved.It's all about you.

Nice rant lol.

Don't have to look far for an alternative. Afl got more tv money and didn't have to burn its fans to do so. This weekend they have one game Friday night, 5 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday. That's nine games fitted into fan friendly slots.

If the NRL had balls to stop tv dominating it and vision for expansion, different time slots that would open up etc it wouldn't be even contemplating a friday 6pm Friday game let alone stupid enough to think a Thursday night was going to be any better for fans than a Monday night.

I don't need a crystal ball to see what will happen in 2018, the NRL has already confirmed it lol. It will control fixtures, not time scheduling, how many times do I have to tell you?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I said a while back, regarding the ANZ/Parra/SFS redevelopments, that the seats shouldnt be a single solid colour.

Just sone evidence for the necessity of this...
gc2.jpg

They have, maybe, 100 people in this sections yet it gives the illusion of more.

Its just a small thing, but it important when we are looking at a 1/4 or 1/2 full ANZ...

Pommy

Coach
I said a while back, regarding the ANZ/Parra/SFS redevelopments, that the seats shouldnt be a single solid colour.

gc2.jpg

They have, maybe, 100 people in this sections yet it gives the illusion of more.

Its just a small thing, but it important when we are looking at a 1/4 or 1/2 full ANZ...

Isn't half of ANZ going to be curtained off anyway?

taipan

Referee
Nice rant lol.

Don't have to look far for an alternative. Afl got more tv money and didn't have to burn its fans to do so. This weekend they have one game Friday night, 5 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday. That's nine games fitted into fan friendly slots.

If the NRL had balls to stop tv dominating it and vision for expansion, different time slots that would open up etc it wouldn't be even contemplating a friday 6pm Friday game let alone stupid enough to think a Thursday night was going to be any better for fans than a Monday night.

I don't need a crystal ball to see what will happen in 2018, the NRL has already confirmed it lol. It will control fixtures, not time scheduling, how many times do I have to tell you?

The AFL got more money
1) Because Rupert threw a hissy and pumped up the fumbler's contract.
2) They have 18 teams not 16.
3)The AFL have larger TV deals in the past because of a p*ss weakNRL admin under Gallop.$500m over 6 years against $780m over 5 years for starters.
4) Because News half owned the NRL we were screwed for years,and only now from 2018 does the code have control over scheduling.You of course in your inimitable manner know what the NRL will schedule in 2018.The problem is your eyes are closed in typical negative fashion,so couldn't see a crystal ball if you fell over it.And the NRL can put the lower drawing clubs in the bad time slots if they so choose Einstein.At least controlling the schedule they can maximise the higher drawing clubs in favourable slots.
5) Yet despite unfriendly time slots memberships are at record levels in the NRL<and TV ratings have big jump.
6).In fact the TV monies now taking Sky NZ and Internationals into account will be not much less PA than the fumblers.
7) The NRL also has 3 clubs that needed underpinning.If you don't have the funding you can't do it.
8) Refurbished ANZ,Parramatta SFS will aslo inprove crowds even on sh*tty nights.

I repeat you perpetually complain yet offer nothing.

BTW the Sharks cracked 16,600 against Manly tonight,they have record membership now 13,266.The same mob you wanted out not that long ago. 7-30pm start and a large number of families on deck,but do go on.
Your a broken record mate.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which has got nothing to do with sht scheduling for real fans who want to get off their arses and support their club. Afl got more money and a fan friendly schedule, why didn't we? Every deal we have got worse than afl, and every deal we make excuses why.

In this debate about sht kick off times for crowds simple fact is the NRL rolled over and gave tv what it wanted for the next 7 years at the expense of fans wanting to support their teams . There is no way of sugar coating that through your rose tinted glasses.

The AFL got more money
1) Because Rupert threw a hissy and pumped up the fumbler's contract.
Giving them more money because the NRL faked up the tv negotiations
2) They have 18 teams not 16.
Which is no ones fault but the nrl's
3)The AFL have larger TV deals in the past because of a p*ss weakNRL admin under Gallop.$500m over 6 years against $780m over 5 years for starters.
And that is relevant to the 18-23 deal how?
4) Because News half owned the NRL we were screwed for years,and only now from 2018 does the code have control over scheduling.You of course in your inimitable manner know what the NRL will schedule in 2018.The problem is your eyes are closed in typical negative fashion,so couldn't see a crystal ball if you fell over it.And the NRL can put the lower drawing clubs in the bad time slots if they so choose Einstein.At least controlling the schedule they can maximise the higher drawing clubs in favourable slots.
NRL has no control over days and kick off times as I have told you a thousand times, good luck convincing canberra, Penrith and tigers they have to play in sht time slots every weekend.
5) Yet despite unfriendly time slots memberships are at record levels in the NRL<and TV ratings have big jump.
We have no idea how this relates to ticketed membership numbers and starting from such a low base growth shouldn't be hard
6).In fact the TV monies now taking Sky NZ and Internationals into account will be not much less PA than the fumblers.
The old NRL fall back when people want to compare apples with apples, bring in some oranges
7) The NRL also has 3 clubs that needed underpinning.If you don't have the funding you can't do it.
Afl has more, a lot more! Manages to do that, expand the game and still keep fan friendly fixture times
8) Refurbished ANZ,Parramatta SFS will aslo inprove crowds even on sh*tty nights.
Yep but the impact on athirsday night and Friday 6pm will be minimal

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Which has got nothing to do with sht scheduling for real fans who want to get off their arses and support their club. Afl got more money and a fan friendly schedule, why didn't we? Every deal we have got worse than afl, and every deal we make excuses why.

In this debate about sht kick off times for crowds simple fact is the NRL rolled over and gave tv what it wanted for the next 7 years at the expense of fans wanting to support their teams . There is no way of sugar coating that through your rose tinted glasses.

Keep trying you offer nothing as you offer nothing as per usual.It's got all to do with real fans I'm a real fan dopey.

I'll read it to you slowly
1) We had a SL war in 1995.The ARL then had $25m in the Bank.By 1997 that was all used up fighting a SL war,that brought in the Perth Reds BTW.
2)When the war ended News got 1/2 share of the code.That screwed us for years.They paid what they thought was best and they and 9 controlled the scheduling.
3) That has ended in 2018,so the code is better placed financially then.The first iot of decent ones we got was in 2014 which went into the future fund.
4)Rolled over?,Getting rid of Mondays and replacing it with Fridays.Getting $1.8bn in exchange,when we had stuff all in the Bank.If that is getting rolled over I'll lie down and think of England every time.Better coverage on Fox all games live and more NRL shows,with a devoted channel coming up.
5) if the code has no future fund money,there will, be never any expansion full stop.And that means we will have to put up with your whining in between watching racing carfare decades.

MY glasses may be rose tinted,at least I can see out of them.You live in a fog where your glasses are useless.Icebergs ahead were stuffed.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The dark navy blue seats at ANZ in the X section would be a good colour to go with,

They look ok when empty, people look dark, so mark your seats dark .

NRL seems obsessed with stadiums with bright blue, yellow or red seats...

Have a look at the cake tin in wellington, a crowd of 25k still looks crap

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I agree with Cumberland - Suncorp suffers that of Westpac in Wellington.

A dark colour seat looks awesome at night time, when its not full you don't notice it as much as a bright red/orange/yellow pattern.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

gc2.jpg

IIRC it was in the notes that Stadium Australia's new seating would be speckled like that & for exactly that reason. Assume it'll be the same for Parra.

Emu01

Juniors
What about painting a person in dark clothing in the seat.Its a simple idea but it might look like the stadium is always full and make for a better atmosphere, if it works you could sell the idea world wide and make a fortune!

Come on Todd Greenburg think outside the square for once.Dont install light coloured seats cos it looks Shit on Tv.Paint a person in each seat and we could announce any crowd figure we want..Ha Ha. And there would be no crowd watch thread and Perth Red could not winge about crowds anymore! We all win then..Ha Ha

Latest posts