What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

LineBall

Juniors
If they build that then we should be looking at Melbourne 2 before Adelaide and Perth.

Possibly. But I would think if a second Melbourne team ever came in they would just use AAMI park. Melbourne keeps banging on about how their public transport system all feeds into their sporting precinct that I don't think a team based out of a ground out in the suburbs would work.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Possibly. But I would think if a second Melbourne team ever came in they would just use AAMI park. Melbourne keeps banging on about how their public transport system all feeds into their sporting precinct that I don't think a team based out of a ground out in the suburbs would work.
The aim would be to create a point of difference. If you base another team in the inner city, who would follow them? It Is why Melbourne City is moving there.

MugaB

Coach
The aim would be to create a point of difference. If you base another team in the inner city, who would follow them? It Is why Melbourne City is moving there.
"Melbourne City" is moving away from the city? Will it now become "Melbourne County"

LineBall

Juniors

Fair enough, but a new team in Melbourne would also want to make itself as accessible to as many people as possible. Anyway, it's not something likely to happen in the next 20 years.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Fair enough, but a new team in Melbourne would also want to make itself as accessible to as many people as possible. Anyway, it's not something likely to happen in the next 20 years.
Storm would want to be selling out AAMI every week before a new team is seriously considered. Brisbane 2 & 3 much better options.
However, if either or both of the 15k stadiums here got up, a game at each would be good to spread the gospel.

T-Boon

Coach
Storm would want to be selling out AAMI every week before a new team is seriously considered. Brisbane 2 & 3 much better options.
However, if either or both of the 15k stadiums here got up, a game at each would be good to spread the gospel.

Unless they relocate the Storm to somewhere like Perth or Brisbane.

Suitman

Post Whore
It is owned by the (Manchester) City group so not sure. Has been a total flop so far.

Not a complete flop, but not as successful as they could have been for sure.
Sydney did it better bringing in the Wanderers, creating that point of difference (West vs the snobs from the East).
Melbourne already had Victory, which represented the whole city (Sydney FC never did that), and the brainiacs at the FFA thought Melbourne needed a 2nd team, and called them Melbourne Heart, who were really not recognizable as a different team to the Victory geographically. They were just another team. At least WU have claimed "a region" They just need to get a move on and get their stadium built as per their bid.

I think this is a smart move from the City Group to move out to Dandenong. That SE region of Melbourne is a very strong football area (over 100 clubs, 23000 registered players and around 1.2 million population) and apparently rather multi cultural in certain areas. The failed Team 11 bid initiated this move.

A couple of decent 15-20000 seat stadiums in the east and west of Melbourne would be great.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Not a complete flop, but not as successful as they could have been for sure.
Sydney did it better bringing in the Wanderers, creating that point of difference (West vs the snobs from the East).
Melbourne already had Victory, which represented the whole city (Sydney FC never did that), and the brainiacs at the FFA thought Melbourne needed a 2nd team, and called them Melbourne Heart, who were really not recognizable as a different team to the Victory geographically. They were just another team. At least WU have claimed "a region" They just need to get a move on and get their stadium built as per their bid.

I think this is a smart move from the City Group to move out to Dandenong. That SE region of Melbourne is a very strong football area (over 100 clubs, 23000 registered players and around 1.2 million population) and apparently rather multi cultural in certain areas. The failed Team 11 bid initiated this move.

A couple of decent 15-20000 seat stadiums in the east and west of Melbourne would be great.
South east is very multi cultural. Indians, Africans. 10k - 12k is big enough for soccer, if they get built reckon that will be the right size.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Do you know what sport this is champ?

It’s not the Super Bowl as much as you want to pretend it is.
I know exactly what sport this is, and 15k is way to small.

Anytime there was a big game they'd be turning away thousands of supporters and with a stadium so small the NRL probably wouldn't allow them host finals at all, at which point why even bother using it as a home ground at all. May as well just use AAMI as it would actual fulfil the club's needs.

BTW I never claimed it was the Super Bowl, nor will it ever be, but it could be as big as the AFL if we made some changes.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Every single one of the AFL clubs are based in Melbourne's inner suburbs, and they have no trouble finding people to support them. It's not always about where you are from, it's about there actually being enough people interested to sustain all the teams in the city.

Melbourne can't sustain two soccer clubs for the same reason that Sydney can't sustain nine NRL clubs, the consumer base isn't big enough to support the amount of supply, i.e. the market is oversupplied.

Suitman

Post Whore
Brookvale.....

5ed5bd18-4375-481b-80ad-70558e458a35-jpeg.864221

Suitman

Post Whore
exactly what is happening at brookie

is it lipstick on this pig ?
or .. are they doing it properly & building grandstands at the northern end & eastern side around to the sthn stand

then it might be a half decent venue

I'm just providing the updates.
North stand only at this stage with the Centre of Excellence included.

Final product looks like this...….

OgiQryF.jpg

KjQcDZJ.jpg

It's a small improvement on a massive cow turd.

Latest posts