What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

You are a certified nutjob yeah?

What the f**k do you think has been going at Shark Park the last couple of years that has seen the team playing out of Kogarah?

The ground (which the football club owns) is being redeveloped along with the leagues club as part of the development.

Your constant snide jibes at the Sharks has become an absolute joke.

The club is financially secure and won't be going anywhere.

f**k the Cowboys, f**k the Dolphins and f**k Queensland.
Despite the fresh lick of paint, Endeavor will still be lightyears behind SFS and Parramatta Stadium.

You could always park at one of the other city carparks in the CBD or Valley and pay $5 to park the car. Catch the train for the last mile. A lot easier getting out of the ground than waiting for 1hr to get out of the carpark.

I used to do a similar thing at Homebush. Park on the western side of concord west station, and walk 10mins into the ground. Lovely walk and you can get a traveller at the pub for the walk. Easy in and out and you don't have to do that horrendous round about at the Homebush Bay drive / Australia ave intersection.
Last time I parked in the Brisbane CBD I paid about $40 for an hour of parking, and there was only one spot available. Took about 30 minutes or more getting through traffic to the motorway on the way home.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Despite the fresh lick of paint, Endeavor will still be lightyears behind SFS and Parramatta Stadium.
You have a serious psychotic hatred of Cronulla don't you merkin?

Lick of paint? The Peter Burns Stand and Leagues Club attached behind it are getting a full redevelopment and there's the Centre of Excellence being built at the ground too.

The SFS is one of two of Sydney's main stadiums so the ground doesn't have to look as whiz bang as the SFS does.

Just admit it you hate the Sharks but are too much of a coward to admit it.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Last time I parked in the Brisbane CBD I paid about $40 for an hour of parking, and there was only one spot available. Took about 30 minutes or more getting through traffic to the motorway on the way home.

Well you obviously don't do your homework.

Albert St in the CBD is $5. Chinatown carpark in the Valley is $5 at night. Not hard to find. And if your really cheap you can pay nothing if you park at Bowen Hills. All good access to get home and avoid a lot of the traffic. Especially the last 2.

Albert St in the CBD is $5. Chinatown carpark in the Valley is $5 at night. Not hard to find. And if your really cheap you can pay nothing if you park at Bowen Hills. All good access to get home and avoid a lot of the traffic. Especially the last 2.
It would be easier to just drive to Eight Miles Plains Busway and get the free shuttle bus to Lang Park.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Who cares and you're completely missing the point.

The idea is to keep suburban grounds relevant because fans prefer going to them. Soul less half empty stadiums for the majority of the season is not good for anyone.

I get why you're so focused on Stadiums and other teams sponsors and it's because you have absolutely zero to look forward to when it comes to the Cowboys on field performances. So I'm glad you've got something to keep you engaged.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It would be easier to just drive to Eight Miles Plains Busway and get the free shuttle bus to Lang Park.

Depends where your coming from. I'm just getting the train in. That said I prefer just to go to QLD Cup games. Broncos fans are boring, most silent bunch of merkins ever even when they are winning. Give me Sydney teams vs each other any day. Love the trash talk at games.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors

The idea is to keep suburban grounds relevant because fans prefer going to them. Soul less half empty stadiums for the majority of the season is not good for anyone.

I get why you're so focused on Stadiums and other teams sponsors and it's because you have absolutely zero to look forward to when it comes to the Cowboys on field performances. So I'm glad you've got something to keep you engaged.
This ten times over.

Just ask any RL fan in England whether they preferred going to atmospheric grounds like Central Park, Knowsley Road, Wilderspool etc as opposed to soulless stadiums like the DW, Totally Wicked or the Halliwell Jones and I'm sure they'd tell you they preferred the old grounds.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Yeah I’d be focusing on something else too if Chad was my club’s marquee signing.

mongoose

Coach
Mate at the end of the day that’s the idea of upgrading some of these “shitholes” as you call them. There is a market for these boutique suburban grounds just as there is for some of the bigger stadiums. Seems to me that the out of towners are shit-canning the Sydney upgrades without having any real knowledge of the fickle nature of the fans and their loyalty to their local sides. While expansion is for another thread let’s hope Perth get that 18th spot before too long.
If they can be upgraded then good, but I'm not holding my breath...

mongoose

Coach

if you get in early enough you can get a park at the Barracks right at the top of Caxton st, pretty sure its not $40 either.

johnny plath

Juniors
You could always park at one of the other city carparks in the CBD or Valley and pay $5 to park the car. Catch the train for the last mile. A lot easier getting out of the ground than waiting for 1hr to get out of the carpark.

I used to do a similar thing at Homebush. Park on the western side of concord west station, and walk 10mins into the ground. Lovely walk and you can get a traveller at the pub for the walk. Easy in and out and you don't have to do that horrendous round about at the Homebush Bay drive / Australia ave intersection.
I do similar going to suncorp. I drive an hour from sunny coast to northgate station then jump the first city bound train to Roma Street station. Never wait more then ten minutes for a train in and out and free parking at the station. This 2hrs from redcliffe to suncorp is just bull shit

MugaB

Coach
I do similar going to suncorp. I drive an hour from sunny coast to northgate station then jump the first city bound train to Roma Street station. Never wait more then ten minutes for a train in and out and free parking at the station. This 2hrs from redcliffe to suncorp is just bull shit
Bullshit is right, and by looking at google maps as a guide is pisstake too, most games are played at late night or on weekends, so going off peak hour times on google maps is just exaggeration, when ypu travel to a match generally you prepare to travel at a certain time because the end result is you get to the game at the end of your travel plan, cant just go, well right now its 1hr and 55 mins to get there right now, look see google maps says so

Perth Red

Post Whore
You are a certified nutjob yeah?

What the f**k do you think has been going at Shark Park the last couple of years that has seen the team playing out of Kogarah?

The ground (which the football club owns) is being redeveloped along with the leagues club as part of the development.

Your constant snide jibes at the Sharks has become an absolute joke.

The club is financially secure and won't be going anywhere.

f**k the Cowboys, f**k the Dolphins and f**k Queensland.
come on now, the ground has only got a few hundred extra uncovered seats in the corners and some terracing on the hill (not even sure if that is just a proposal or has actually been done?) It was closed so they could get on with the building work around the ground, not in it!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah i get that, but the ratio of games played, only a handful of massive events compared to 25 rounds of competition, suburban grounds should get some love, who knows, next wave of stadium upgrades, could see homebush get more attention
If it had been done properly with the intimate mode then we could have had 2.5 clubs using it long term. Add in the extra benefit for the big events and the fact that Australia finally has a proper national stadium and it would have been a better outcome than a new stadium in Penrith and some lipstick slapped on pigs in the burbs, imo.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Penrith stadium

Looks like Penrith Stadium to be 30K
Whilst you could argue the priority its great to see a new stadium rather than wasting $150mill doing up an inadequate one. This will set the Panthers for the next 50 years. That's Eels, Panthers, Roosters (maybe Souths if they move to SFS) set for decades to come. Still long way to go for the other clubs. Shame that Wests/Dogs and Dragon/Sharks couldn't have got their acts together to have pushed for two other brand new stadiums for those 4.

MugaB

Coach
If it had been done properly with the intimate mode then we could have had 2.5 clubs using it long term. Add in the extra benefit for the big events and the fact that Australia finally has a proper national stadium and it would have been a better outcome than a new stadium in Penrith and some lipstick slapped on pigs in the burbs, imo.
Still have tigers, bunnies and dogs paying in an overgrown stadium, even if its intimate, its still gonna look like easts fans at the SFS... can't make 25k random club match look good in a 70+k stadium... defeats the point, but i get that homebush needs to be better for the bigger draw games, like SoO or finals internationals etc, looks like a pack of ciggies will cost $99 soon to get homebush upto standard by 2030

Perth Red

Post Whore
This ten times over.

Just ask any RL fan in England whether they preferred going to atmospheric grounds like Central Park, Knowsley Road, Wilderspool etc as opposed to soulless stadiums like the DW, Totally Wicked or the Halliwell Jones and I'm sure they'd tell you they preferred the old grounds.
That must be why clubs like FC, Wigan, Wolves, St's etc increased their crowds by 25-40% when they moved to new stadiums?