What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Praise AFL
Praise AFL
im a RL fan
Praise AFL
Praise AFL
Love how they do their business (mostly), the game I find boring to watch. Same as EPL. NFL I admire their business and love the game. RL I love th egame but find it very frustrating how we do our business.

I appreciate that is hard concept for one as simple minded as yourself to grasp.

Wb1234

Referee
Love how they do their business (mostly), the game I find boring to watch. Same as EPL. NFL I admire their business and love the game. RL I love th egame but find it very frustrating how we do our business.

I appreciate that is hard concept for one as simple minded as yourself to grasp.
But your bagging the one leader whose doing things you want to happen

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not Melbourne

their govt agreed to spend 125 million upgrading the privately owned ethiad and no one batted an eye lid

but in Sydney where they build multi tennanted publically owned stadia the world is going to end
tbf thats media. Media controls perception. What the media says the plebians believe.
Aside from one or two dcks in the sydney media I didnt see people marching in the streets against Allianz and Commbank being built?

Suitman

Post Whore
Smart play by AFL, if NRL were taking the same stance in WA we might be getting a new rectangular stadium for a future Perth NRL club.

Why would Perth need a new rectangular stadium?
You've said many times on here that the current stadium is more than adequate.
HBF Park or whatever it is called now is better than Brookvale, Kogarah, Penrith, Leichhardt, Shark Park and Campbelltown.

Spend $100 million building a new stand on the western side including with plenty of corporate, and maybe do something with the Shed End and include some safe standing for Perth Glory like Commbank has, and it would be one of the best "mid-range stadiums in the NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
But your bagging the one leader whose doing things you want to happen
The problem with most on here, or certainly the loudest, is you have a black and white approach to everything. I dont like Vlandys childish off the cuff comments, the horrific Tv deal he's screwed us with or that we seem to be pillaging grassroots funding to pay clubs and players off with.
He was a strong leader during covid, the NRL is doing a good job managing its finances on the whole and lord be praised we have a new club a decade later than we should have (leaving aside if its the right club for the game or just the right club for News ltd), clubs are now viable and we are seeing more clubs playing in stadiums befitting of a top tier competition.
Nothing is black and white, be it in AFL, NRL or anything else in life.

Perth Red

Post Whore
HBF Park or whatever it is called now is better than Brookvale, Kogarah, Penrith, Leichhardt, Shark Park and Campbelltown.

Spend $100 million building a new stand on the western side including with plenty of corporate, and maybe do something with the Shed End and include some safe standing for Perth Glory like Commbank has, and it would be one of the best "mid-range stadiums in the NRL.
It is adequate. and thats the word. If you want a Perth club to be really thriving then a new 30k stadium at Burswood would help enormously with that. At the very least a significant upgrade to HBF park for corporate sales. Is the NRL lobbying the WA Govt fo rthat even? Is it a pre requirement to get an NRL license? Has the NRL even thought about it?

I dont want us to settle for 'adequate', Id like to see us on the front foot campaigning to be 'outstanding'! And that's pretty low bar you've set with those antiquated grounds mentioned!

Like AFL they know the current tassie stadium is 'adequate' but they also know a new stadium will help the club long term to be more viable without massive top ups.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm pretty certain what you know on the subject could be written on the back of a stamp, but here we are.
trolling by a moderator, we are hitting some new lows on here lol.

There's plenty of articles and polls been done on public opposition to stadium spends.

A new national survey conducted by the Global Sport Institute at Arizona State University looking at community benefits of sports stadiums found that a minority of the American public supports stadium subsidies, with that support plummeting if subsidies require raising taxes. Similarly, when University of Colorado Denver public affairs professor Geoffrey Propheter looked at 125 proposed sports subsidies from 1982 to 2013, he found that voters approved stadium subsidy deals only about half the time, even with team owners and their allies generally spending big on ad campaigns to get them passed.
When it was just up to local politicians, meanwhile, the success rate soared to 96 percent.

Wb1234

Referee
The problem with most on here, or certainly the loudest, is you have a black and white approach to everything. I dont like Vlandys childish off the cuff comments, the horrific Tv deal he's screwed us with or that we seem to be pillaging grassroots funding to pay clubs and players off with.
He was a strong leader during covid, the NRL is doing a good job managing its finances on the whole and lord be praised we have a new club a decade later than we should have (leaving aside if its the right club for the game or just the right club for News ltd), clubs are now viable and we are seeing more clubs playing in stadiums befitting of a top tier competition.
Nothing is black and white, be it in AFL, NRL or anything else in life.
So why not give him some praise then instead of putting the boot in all the time

dolphins and Perth in five years as boss (2 years lost due to covid)

against the wishes of the clubs

stop magnifying his mistakes he knows he stuffed up

Wb1234

Referee
tbf thats media. Media controls perception. What the media says the plebians believe.
Aside from one or two dcks in the sydney media I didnt see people marching in the streets against Allianz and Commbank being built?
The majority of polls online were heavily against it

hospitals schools and floods

but not in Melbourne no floods there

Wb1234

Referee

He’s making a fair point

Hobart has an adequate afl stadium yet gill is making a new staidium a condition of the bid

vlandys should be doing the same with Perth

the govt literally asked him for a wish list

the stadium is dated and has rudimentary corporate facilities

Perth Red

Post Whore
So why not give him some praise then instead of putting the boot in all the time

dolphins and Perth in five years as boss (2 years lost due to covid)

against the wishes of the clubs

stop magnifying his mistakes he knows he stuffed up
Tell you what, when he announces Perth as club 18 I'll join the circle jerk gang :)

There is no magnifying the tv stuff up needed. Its hundreds of millions right there to see.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The majority of polls online were heavily against it

hospitals schools and floods

but not in Melbourne no floods there
Like I said if you ask the avg Joe in the street should we spend $500mill on a stadium for rich professional sports clubs to get richer, or on schools? the vast majority are going with schools. Same the world over. Even in Melbourne lol

The only difference is in RL hating media sydney they put out the polls, in AFL loving media in Melbourne they dont. I can guarantee the results would be the same.

Personally I dont think any Govt should be using taxpayers money on developing privately owned properties. On stuff they own, fair enough, you can consider it a public asset. The way they built it though without using tax payers money was smart and something others might look to in the future.

Last edited:

It's Been Done

Juniors
Funding for Browne Park has been increased to $54 million with another new stand at the Albert Street end to be built as part of Stage 2 and the current Jack Crow Stand gets demolished from the middle of the year to make way for the new Crow Stand
334073431_1809810196071570_9057311406940299598_n.jpg

334040808_560836415814810_654097874795914887_n.jpg

First look at the new Albert Street stand to be built as part of Stage 2, looks like a new and extended roof for the Nev Callaghan Stand is to be built as well
334161896_723488099234689_5794075063262280268_n.jpg

Queensland Government media release

Perth Red

Post Whore
Funding for Browne Park has been increased to $54 million with another new stand at the Albert Street end to be built as part of Stage 2 and the current Jack Crow Stand gets demolished from the middle of the year to make way for the new Crow Stand
334073431_1809810196071570_9057311406940299598_n.jpg

334040808_560836415814810_654097874795914887_n.jpg

First look at the new Albert Street stand to be built as part of Stage 2, looks like a new and extended roof for the Nev Callaghan Stand is to be built as well
334161896_723488099234689_5794075063262280268_n.jpg

Queensland Government media release
Looks like it will be a good second tier stadium. A wooden roof? Thats unusual in this day and age.

JD-Roo

Juniors
Looks like it will be a good second tier stadium. A wooden roof? Thats unusual in this day and age.
Technically the release says 'timber structured' as opposed to a 'wooden roof' in whole, which to me indicates the framing/supports.

Still odd though......