What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Timbo

Staff member
If after years of the Raiders and Brumbies being unable to get a new stadium in Canberra, I don't really see how a team in a league that draws on average 7,000 fans to a game gets the ball rolling on it.

The A-League has the least demanding stadium requirements of any pro-sports league in the country. I don't know why they'd suddenly be able to get the ACT government to cough up a quarter of a billion.

Brick Tamland

Juniors

Premier doesn’t play ball on Shark Park​

Chris O’Keefe has taken the debate to the footy field, asking the premier whether he would look at upgrading NRL facilities in Brookvale and Cronulla.
Perrottet doesn’t really want to play ball with this one, telling O’Keefe: No, the council should be doing that. Shark Park is a privately run stadium.
“It’s a council asset that they should upgrade. What I am focused on is investing in grassroots sport...we are also investing in making sure our grounds are the best they can be for young children.”

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...ebate-20230314-p5cs2r.html?post=p54nuv#p54nuv

Wb1234

Referee
If after years of the Raiders and Brumbies being unable to get a new stadium in Canberra, I don't really see how a team in a league that draws on average 7,000 fans to a game gets the ball rolling on it.

The A-League has the least demanding stadium requirements of any pro-sports league in the country. I don't know why they'd suddenly be able to get the ACT government to cough up a quarter of a billion.
Barr did say they needed a third tenant

hopefully a league do a bit of negotiating on this

Wb1234

Referee
Dominic and Minns in lock step
no upgrades to Leichardt, Brookvale or Woolooware
Things change after the election and they are negotiating to keep the nrl grand final

personally I would prefer no money for those 3 and the nrl takes the grand final to the highest bidder it’s a much better result for the game

Brookie and shark park have had decent money spent on them and Lo doesn’t need anything anyway (what they spend will do nothing much for the ground)

Stormy weather

Juniors

Because it goes from 19 home games to 32. Yes the A league has the smallest crowd demands or maybe super rugby.

Brick Tamland

Juniors
Things change after the election and they are negotiating to keep the nrl grand final

personally I would prefer no money for those 3 and the nrl takes the grand final to the highest bidder it’s a much better result for the game

Brookie and shark park have had decent money spent on them and Lo doesn’t need anything anyway (what they spend will do nothing much for the ground)
What " decent money " do you think has been spent on shark park?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good news, hopefully clubs will now abandon this 1970's romantic notion of suburbia and play in 21st century stadiums more and more.

ground zero

Juniors
Selfish Sharks could off had a New Bankwest Southern Stadium built some where halfway between the Shire an Kogarah. Cut off your nose to spite your face as the saying goes. Both teams could off lobbied for it. Oh well keep your pissy little botique suburban ground.

Pneuma

First Grade
Selfish Sharks could off had a New Bankwest Southern Stadium built some where halfway between the Shire an Kogarah. Cut off your nose to spite your face as the saying goes. Both teams could off lobbied for it. Oh well keep your pissy little botique suburban ground.
As we take over your junior leagues and your home territory. Saints are nobody’s child.

Why half way between the Shire and Kogarah??
There were talks of a bigger stadium being built at Loftus, that way it not only was in Sharks territory, and be our home ground, it could be closer to half way of your merged teams, Illawarra and St. George, and you could use it.

ground zero

Juniors
Why half way between the Shire and Kogarah??
There were talks of a bigger stadium being built at Loftus, that way it not only was in Sharks territory, and be our home ground, it could be closer to half way of your merged teams, Illawarra and St. George, and you could use it.
There you go again selfish Sharks supporters. News flash no taxpayers money for Shark Park an you won't be getting a new stadium built in the shire for the Sharks. So you get nothing.