What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Jamberoo

Juniors
In Theory you make sense, Reality is instead of paying $20 for a pie and chips. You will be looking at $40 for slightly better food.

People will still eat before they go in
Victorian stadiums have two tiered food pricing. Pies/Chips/Hot Dogs (the big 3) are $5 - $6. The price of everything else is outrageous but a family can get some basic food for cheaper than at 7/11. Good model.

Wb1234

Referee
Victorian stadiums have two tiered food pricing. Pies/Chips/Hot Dogs (the big 3) are $5 - $6. The price of everything else is outrageous but a family can get some basic food for cheaper than at 7/11. Good model.
Cheap pies chips and beer

it’s not rocket science

Iamback

Coach

It is hard because they can't buy in bulk like other places can, I get that but people want a day/night out that is reasonably priced.

Both Commbank and Accor is in walking distance of a Maccas, much better if you are just after the basics.

I am all for better food but you are adding licensing fees on top of the overpriced stuff now

Iamback

Coach
I mean, it is though.

We always hold the USA up as the gold standard of a stadium experience. When I went to a baseball game in Seattle my wife was able to buy a fresh lobster roll from a stand near our seats, and I had about five different gourmet burger places to choose from, and they all looked incredible. Not to mention they had 50+ different kinds of beer.

The days of the average punter wanting a pie and chips is well and truly behind us.

That was you and your wife only, If you had a few kids with you to feed.

It is also US sports they have enough stoppages, You can't have the wait time that good food requires here.

Sushi will sell well due to it's ease to eat and it requires no cooking, Be curious how it plays out for the 1st big crowd there

horrie hastings

First Grade

Yes the SFS and SCG has basic pies, chips and hot dogs for $5.50 to $6 but then they they more exotic pies and more fancy crap for a lot dearer.

The Great Dane

First Grade
That was you and your wife only, If you had a few kids with you to feed.

It is also US sports they have enough stoppages, You can't have the wait time that good food requires here.

Sushi will sell well due to it's ease to eat and it requires no cooking, Be curious how it plays out for the 1st big crowd there
Tell me you've never been to a game in the US without telling me you've never been to a game in the US lol.

siv

First Grade
In Theory you make sense, Reality is instead of paying $20 for a pie and chips. You will be looking at $40 for slightly better food.

People will still eat before they go in
A lot of people have accepted paying $600 to $1000 to go to a concert

We are seeing sport heading in the same direction. Just look at halfway line seating these days. So paying $40 for food is considered cheap at these events

NFL is already there, so is SOO and GF

What gets me is how people continue to be happy to pay

Iamback

Coach
A lot of people have accepted paying $600 to $1000 to go to a concert

We are seeing sport heading in the same direction. Just look at halfway line seating these days. So paying $40 for food is considered cheap at these events

NFL is already there, so is SOO and GF

What gets me is how people continue to be happy to pay

They have but concerts are one off. Do we want NRL to get to that stage or do you want bigger crowds or fans to go to one or 2 games only a year?

That is where it sits, TV pays the bills so the game can survive doing it either way

Timbo

Staff member
They have but concerts are one off. Do we want NRL to get to that stage or do you want bigger crowds or fans to go to one or 2 games only a year?

That is where it sits, TV pays the bills so the game can survive doing it either way

I do think that we’re fortunate in that we’re a small population and demand seldom outstrips supply that our ticket prices don’t spiral out of control.

I have an old mate who is taking his family to Whistler in Canada to go skiing at Christmas. He wanted to take his sons to an NFL game in Seattle whilst he was close, I sort of laughed and asked if he was taking out a second mortgage on his house to buy tickets.

When he looked up what it’d cost it shocked him - and this is a man who is taking his wife and kids on a holiday to Canada, so it’s not like he’s short of a quid.

It’s unlikely to ever get that bad here, but the fact is people have shown that if you charge $12 for a beer and $25 for some chicken strips that people will pay those prices.

People wistfully saying ‘just bring back cheap pies and beers’ - why would they? They’re making absolute bank on what they currently sell.

Iamback

Coach
I do think that we’re fortunate in that we’re a small population and demand seldom outstrips supply that our ticket prices don’t spiral out of control.

I have an old mate who is taking his family to Whistler in Canada to go skiing at Christmas. He wanted to take his sons to an NFL game in Seattle whilst he was close, I sort of laughed and asked if he was taking out a second mortgage on his house to buy tickets.

When he looked up what it’d cost it shocked him - and this is a man who is taking his wife and kids on a holiday to Canada, so it’s not like he’s short of a quid.

It’s unlikely to ever get that bad here, but the fact is people have shown that if you charge $12 for a beer and $25 for some chicken strips that people will pay those prices.

People wistfully saying ‘just bring back cheap pies and beers’ - why would they? They’re making absolute bank on what they currently sell.

Baseball is cheap for the mid week games.

Dud teams in the NBA also you can get some decent prices

NFL you have cities with 2m population and 80k seats, Supply in demand means you are dropping what we pay for Origin/GF just for a normal game.

I think as long as they have the basic food stands to go with the up market ones. That way you have options it works.

Though having eaten at most of the places mentioned, cooking time will need to come down or people will miss huge chunks of the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s an interesting one, as said for one off things it feels ok, but for something you do 12 times in 7 months costs do come into play significantly.
Just been to Disney world where prices are off the charts but it was a once only trip so didn’t hurt as much. wouldn’t do it regularly though as it was a rip off.
if we want fans to go to every game then it has to be affordable, that’s tickets and food and drink.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Baseball is cheap for the mid week games.
I went to a midweek ball game at Wrigley Field- wasn’t off the chart expensive but wouldn’t have called it cheap. But the beer/food options were way better than what we get here.
The NFL is exxy af but there is also college football which is more affordable and still a huge deal there.

Latest posts