What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Jetka100

Juniors
I didn’t say it’s close to town (neither is Accor) , it’s definitely out in the burbs. But it’s clearly not on the edge of the city either.
Fair enough, the issue with the location is that, unlike Suncorp Stadium, it’s not near a train station that all lines go to. People might make an effort to get there for the Olympics but any other occasion it is a pain in the arse unless you live on that side of town. A bit like the entertainment centre at Boondall, another crap location. Fortunately the Government is going to at least build a new venue closer to the city near the Roma Street parklands.

beave

Coach
I know Boondall in Brissy is close to wetlands, but there is a sizeable amount of land there so if the gov sold that whole site off for housing it would surely make a shit load from developers. Then move the entertainment centre to the Gabba site so that the cross rive rail is at least relevant/utilised.

Vic park for the new the cricket/flogball/olympic stadium, surely they can get a 50k stadium done under this $3.5bil figure that was being sprouted. The train line already runs near it, they just need to build a station. I hate seeing AFL get a leg up but $3.5bil seems double and some what it actually should.

Suncorp to then get a new western stand to take the capacity up to 65-70k.

Done.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Fair enough, the issue with the location is that, unlike Suncorp Stadium, it’s not near a train station that all lines go to. People might make an effort to get there for the Olympics but any other occasion it is a pain in the arse unless you live on that side of town. A bit like the entertainment centre at Boondall, another crap location. Fortunately the Government is going to at least build a new venue closer to the city near the Roma Street parklands.
They're going to extend the busway out there

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I know Boondall in Brissy is close to wetlands, but there is a sizeable amount of land there so if the gov sold that whole site off for housing it would surely make a shit load from developers. Then move the entertainment centre to the Gabba site so that the cross rive rail is at least relevant/utilised.

Vic park for the new the cricket/flogball/olympic stadium, surely they can get a 50k stadium done under this $3.5bil figure that was being sprouted. The train line already runs near it, they just need to build a station. I hate seeing AFL get a leg up but $3.5bil seems double and some what it actually should.

Suncorp to then get a new western stand to take the capacity up to 65-70k.

Done.
I'd love to see a 30k rectangular ground built on the site of the gabba. It would fit better on the footprint of the site without hanging over the road and would actually be a useful addition to our stadium setup. Well located for Roar, Reds, NRLW and smaller Dolphins games.

As far as cricket and fumbleball are concerned, I really don't five a f**k to be honest but a better idea than Vic Park (golf club was closed to make it a green space), is doing an oval stadium at the RNA Showgrounds in Bowen Hills which would be serviced by the new Cross River rail. 45k is more than enough though.

Then fill the corners in at Suncorp and / or build a new western stand to bring the capacity up to 65k.

Then after the games you have:

65k major rectangular stadium for Broncos, Dolphins, SOO, Magic Round, Socceroos, Matildas

45k Oval for Cricket and VFL

30k rectangular stadium for Dolphins, WSOO, Wallabies (lol), Reds, Roar and some lower drawing RL internationals.

beave

Coach
I'd love to see a 30k rectangular ground built on the site of the gabba. It would fit better on the footprint of the site without hanging over the road and would actually be a useful addition to our stadium setup. Well located for Roar, Reds, NRLW and smaller Dolphins games.

As far as cricket and fumbleball are concerned, I really don't five a f**k to be honest but a better idea than Vic Park (golf club was closed to make it a green space), is doing an oval stadium at the RNA Showgrounds in Bowen Hills which would be serviced by the new Cross River rail. 45k is more than enough though.

Then fill the corners in at Suncorp and / or build a new western stand to bring the capacity up to 65k.

Then after the games you have:

65k major rectangular stadium for Broncos, Dolphins, SOO, Magic Round, Socceroos, Matildas

45k Oval for Cricket and VFL

30k rectangular stadium for Dolphins, WSOO, Wallabies (lol), Reds, Roar and some lower drawing RL internationals.
problem with the showgrounds is the RNA mob own it, not sure they will give it up easy and there is a portion of the populace that love the show (me not so much but each to their own) and where it's located.