What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future reps

Knight Vision

First Grade
Inglis and Hayne are the Australian centres.

Then you've got Hodges, Jennings and Lyon. Maybe Morris?
Inglis and Hayne - agreed
Hodges ? maybe 1 good year left /
Lyon - does not do rep footy
Jennings - debatable
Morris- debatable

The main thing to remember is that the guys above do not play together at club level.

Gagai and Leilua represent the most potent centre pairing in club football with either of them arguable in the top 6 centres in the game already or certainly within the next 12 months

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I wouldn't argue that our pair are the best in the world but I'd put them on par with Jennings and Morris easy. Hodges is almost past it, like 1cm from the edge. Lyon is good I agree there. Hayne isn't really a centre and Inglis isn't either really. However, I'd have Inglis in jerseys 1 to 17 in front of anyone bar SBW.

aqua_duck

Coach
I personally think Leilua could be a bolter for NSW this year. The last dozen games he's played he's looked close to unstoppable. Was rampant in that final down in Melbourne, was our best player against the roosters in the semi, was close to Samoa's best player in the world cup and he looked unstoppable at times at the 9's

Swarzey

Bench
If Leilua continues his form from last year, it would be extremely disappointing if he doesn't even get looked at. He's more reliable week in and week out than most centres in the game, rather then Jennings who has one "wow" moment a game and suddenly is playing a perfect game. Given how much NSW sucks at getting over the line, Joey is pretty much the perfect bloke. How hard is he to stop so close to the line week in and week out? Last night everyone lost their shit when GI rolled over three players to score, pretty sure a Joey scored plenty the same way last season.

Morris I feel is the only centre who deserves his spot as a centre, he's reliable and I believe is the hardest working back in the NSW squad.

As for Gagai, I scratch my head at the idea of Chambers getting the nod over him, regardless if he's been booted from selection this year. Hell, the entire incident is just a way for QLD selectors to make their own lives easier. Chambers has his moments, some brilliant moments, but like Jennings, has those moments and just nothing afterwards.

Anyways, bold prediction, Rochow to play Origin in the near future. With the blokes we have at Newcastle, he can gain that aggression needed for the series.

Yosh

Coach
BJ was 18th man a few seasons back so I do believe the selectors know who he is at least.

perverse

Referee
BJ overplayed his hand every single opportunity he got today. Wayne needs to tell him to pull his head in a bit.

Swarzey

Bench
I'm pretty puzzled over him being called offside. Don't think the camera was on him at the time and there was no replay. Otherwise it could have been the spark to light the fire.