What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FW1 - SUN - Melbourne 40 Brisbane 0

Earl

Coach
Petro was on a mission. Dead set tried to grapple anything that wasn't nailed down.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Big Pete said:
Just to make this interesting; what do you think the Australian team should be at the end of the year?

Rob Farah and Cam Smith would both make a touring squad this year but I don't know if both will be picked for one game.

I think playing 40 minutes of very up tempo footy for both of them could work. Start with Smith for 20, then Farah for 40 and Smith another 20.

With the halftime break you could have them both going flat out for 40 mins.

Cronk and Thurston as halves would do for me but is Thurston available or going to a doctor?

Big Pete

Referee
Hari Kari said:
I'd rather answer that in a couple weeks time. ;-)

Since we're adding things interesting though here's a trivia question.

Which country after years of being Australias whipping boys pulled our pants down in 2005 when the selectors chose a Bunch of Roosters and Broncos on 03-04 form rather than the hungry and inform players of 2005?

Who slipped out the side door at the airport that year to avoid the media?:lol:

Here's the team:

1. Anthonie Minichiello (Sydney Roosters) Golden Boot Winner
2. Matt King (Melbourne Storm)
3. Mark Gasnier (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
4. Matt Cooper (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
5. Brent Tate (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Trent Barrett (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
7. Craig Gower (Penrith Panthers)
8. Petero Civoniceiva (Brisbane Broncos)
9. Danny Buderus (Newcastle Knights)
10. Jason Ryles (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
11. Luke O'Donnell (North Queensland Cowboys)
12. Craig Fitzgibborn (Syndey Roosters)
13. Ben Kennedy (Manly Sea Eagles)

14. Craig Wing (Sydney Roosters) - called up late from memory because he was travelling near by?
15. Willie Mason (Bulldogs)
16. Mark O'Meley (Bulldogs)
17. Steve Price (Warriors)

Two Broncos is hardly a bunch; considering Tate pretty much kept us in the first game and Civoniceiva was one of the Broncos best players through out 2005.

Three Roosters, one was voted best player in the world, the other was in hindsight was a bad selection but who was to know? The last one was called up because he was in the area.

So your argument is flawed. :p...

You can tell I have very little time on my hands...Mad Monday. :lol: ;-)

Storm looked very settled today from the start of the game...whilst a lot of the other teams over the weekend went ballistic from the start and deviated from their normal game plan; the Storm just did the simple things right.

The likes of White, Hoffman and Smith simply shut Petro and co down in the middle and in the end the Broncos had nothing.

Steve Turner absolutely killed it and Quinn has hit top form at the right time...I still question the value that Geyer brings to the team apart from experience.

The scariest thing is that...Inglis was absent !!!.