What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FW1 - SUN - Melbourne 40 Brisbane 0

lockyno1

Post Whore
See what happens when Joel Moon doesn't play! Fair dinkum Bennett..play the dud Emmett and we lose!

Hari Kari

Juniors
Big Pete said:
Or the fact Hodges is the worlds best centre.

Mind you your point is still vaild, most fans were surprised to see Thaidays name there especially before Price's but that's what tends to happen with grand final teams.

It's what happens with Broncos GF teams yes.

Even the Cowboys should have had more players included in 2005 than just O'Donnel.

Apey

Staff member
Lol, all the players laughing at the streaker :lol:

Congrats Storm, Broncos were no match. In saying that, they didn't actually play as horrible as it sounds, just Storm are so much better :p

Hari Kari

Juniors
Big Pete said:

Well if you use 2006 selectors eyes Bowen is a walk in for one. At least in the squad just as Prince was given a token squad selection so Tigers fans wouldn't feel totally jilted.

Big Pete

Referee
Correction Apey...we did play as bad as it sounds. :p

3/4's and Wingers killed us today.

Congrats to the Storm though and all the best for the finals!

the highlight of this match was the streaker, the second half was a bore fest like the entire eagles souths game.

Hopefully next weekends games will be better.

Big Pete

Referee
Hari Kari said:
Well if you use 2006 selectors eyes Bowen is a walk in for one. At least in the squad just as Prince was given a token squad selection so Tigers fans wouldn't feel totally jilted.

Are you serious? Bowen in 2006 was dreadful.

I was refering to 2005; honestly who would you deem worthy?

IMO the Tigers were a great TEAM but as individuals go no one really stood out.

Apey

Staff member
Meh, a lot of the game I thought Broncos defended well (well, at the start at least lol), unfortunately whenever they clocked off Storm took advantage of it quickly.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Big Pete said:
Are you serious? Bowen in 2006 was dreadful.

I was refering to 2005; honestly who would you deem worthy?

IMO the Tigers were a great TEAM but as individuals go no one really stood out.

I'm talking using 2006 selectors eyes in 2005.

Laffranchi was going well enough to make it that year if you can count Thaiday in for 2006.

At the end of the day it all adds up to if you're a Bronco and your team goes well in the finals you've got a helluva lot more chance of playing for Australia than the players in any other team do.

Maybe considering they've made the finals for 17 years in a row there's some merit to those actions. I'm not casting a judgement but rather putting forward how it appears to me is all.

Big Pete

Referee
Hari Kari said:
I'm talking using 2006 selectors eyes in 2005.

Laffranchi was going well enough to make it that year if you can count Thaiday in for 2006.

At the end of the day it all adds up to if you're a Bronco and your team goes well in the finals you've got a helluva lot more chance of playing for Australia than the players in any other team do.

Maybe considering they've made the finals for 17 years in a row there's some merit to those actions. I'm not casting a judgement but rather putting forward how it appears to me is all.

To be fair you do have a point. I think it just comes down to the abundance of Queensland rep. players we have; the more rep. experience the better chance you have of being selected, I think that's a fair statement. Thaiday having proven himself in the Origin series swayed the selectors IMO.

What hurt the Tigers though is the fact no one stood out in the team because they played extremely well as a team. A lack of represenative experience also hurt them; then the poor 2006 season truly finished off any chance for the likes of Laffranchi and Skandalis to make that ascendance to Represnative level.

Just to make this interesting; what do you think the Australian team should be at the end of the year?

Hari Kari

Juniors
Big Pete said:
To be fair you do have a point. I think it just comes down to the abundance of Queensland rep. players we have; the more rep. experience the better chance you have of being selected, I think that's a fair statement. Thaiday having proven himself in the Origin series swayed the selectors IMO.

What hurt the Tigers though is the fact no one stood out in the team because they played extremely well as a team. A lack of represenative experience also hurt them; then the poor 2006 season truly finished off any chance for the likes of Laffranchi and Skandalis to make that ascendance to Represnative level.

Just to make this interesting; what do you think the Australian team should be at the end of the year?

I'd rather answer that in a couple weeks time. ;-)

Since we're adding things interesting though here's a trivia question.

Which country after years of being Australias whipping boys pulled our pants down in 2005 when the selectors chose a Bunch of Roosters and Broncos on 03-04 form rather than the hungry and inform players of 2005?

Who slipped out the side door at the airport that year to avoid the media?:lol: