What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains and Losses for 2004

SP

Bench
Here is the list of the players leaving and joining the Panthers for next season

Gains:

Shaun Ata - Hibiscus Coast (NZ)
Aaron Barba - Redcliffe
Paul Aiton - Wests Panthers (Brisbane)
Amos Roberts - Dragons
Trent Clayton - Wests Tigers

Losses:

Chad Halliday - Parramatta
George Rose - Sydney
Steve Turner - Melbourne
Ben Reynolds - Tigers
Scott Sattler - Tigers
Shane Elford - Tigers
Chris Hicks - Manly
Luke Dyer - Melbourne

Anyone i missed?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeh i heard the rumours on the Panthers forum that we signed Trent Clayton but no one officially confirmed that he signed with us.

mightypanther

Juniors
Their has been nothing official said on the Panthers website, one way or
the other, about Trent Clayton OR Amos Roberts, so who the hell knows
exactly what's going on?

Not the fans, that's for sure. I assume they will tell us eventually.

Redback71

First Grade
that will be good have the same side means u will be good chance of winning again un less us eels have something to say.

it was great to see the panthers make a meal of the chooks and for girdler to final have one under the belt at the age of 31 time was running out for him. shame about the loss of satler but amos should be a great buy.

Fibroman

First Grade
Sattler is a big loss, but Luke Swain and Shane Rodney have a lot of potential and will well and truly cover 4 satts. Rose and Turner are big losses. Wesser and Campbell will continue to hurt big cumbersome forwards like Cayless/Fitzgibbon etc. GIMPS.

SP

Bench
i reckon Waterhouse will be our lock next yr

cant keep a kangaroo tourist on the bench

Fibroman

First Grade
Waterhouse is a great young player, I don't know if he is mobile enough to play lock in the modern game. Swain and Rodney on the other hand are very mobile, and Swain in particular is a great defender which is what is needed from a lock. Waterhouse might have to start in the 2nd row and perhaps use Puletua off the bench as an impact player. Just a thought. :?:

SP

Bench
AdamH said:
Hey Lewis, have we officially signed Clayton?

yes, i read it in my local paper today because Clayton is a local caboolture junior, same with paul aiton

Fibroman

First Grade
The Tigers fans seem to think that Clayton is a bit of a show pony, and over rated. I've never seen him play. They also say he can't tackle for shiit. Maybe we should have tried to retain Elford?

JJ

Immortal
fibro man said:
Waterhouse is a great young player, I don't know if he is mobile enough to play lock in the modern game. Swain and Rodney on the other hand are very mobile, and Swain in particular is a great defender which is what is needed from a lock. Waterhouse might have to start in the 2nd row and perhaps use Puletua off the bench as an impact player. Just a thought. :?:

Waterhouse won't play lock - I'd reckon it'll be Swain.

Doesn't really matter who starts and whose on the bench does it? Clinton, Lang, Ross, Puleatua, Galavao, Waterhouse and Rodney should all get significant game time. Waterhouse certainly has an impact off the bench with his offloading.

Of course, there is always the dreaded injuries that could change who playes when

aqua_duck

Coach
I think the panthers team will be even stronger next season. Sattler is the main loss but Rodney has appeared to be more than capable this season, also don't forget about young Frank Pritchard, I rate him very highly. I think Amos Roberts is abit of a coup, he's got plenty of NRL experience and can play either fullback or wing, he'll add alot of depth in the backs.

SP

Bench
pepstar87 said:
Lewis said:
AdamH said:
Hey Lewis, have we officially signed Clayton?

yes, i read it in my local paper today because Clayton is a local caboolture junior, same with paul aiton

Who's Paul Aiton?

Heres some info about Paul

Aiton, 18, was born in Papua New Guinea and came to Australia when he was five.

"I was playing rugby league before I could speak English," he joked.

He is currently playing for Wests Panthers in Brisbane and has represented Queensland at under-17 and under-19 level.

He plays hooker

Latest posts