What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains and Losses for 2004

WildKat

Juniors
What about Jason Wrigley? From what I've heard he is a new Panther.

Why does everyone always forget about him? :? LOL

I'm happy that he's getting a go with a great club. Although I'm a Storm supporter, I've been waiting for Jason to get a real shot in the NRL for around 3 years, so I don't really care where he goes! (Although, I guess do have a soft spot for the Panthers since we have friends in Penrith and love to visit the Leagues Club! LOL)

Anyway, getting to the point, I really hope Jason does well with Penrith and I'll definitely be coming up there again to check out the team some time next year! :D

WildKat

Juniors
:shock: You've never heard of Jason Wrigley????

Oh dear...Well, Jason Wrigley is a 23 year old New Zealander who has been playing for the Easts Tigers in the QRL for the last two years. He used to be with the Devils and tried out for Storm a while back.

He has now signed with the Panthers (if the article I read, the QRL gains & losses page and the Panthers Interactive website are correct, anyway. He is listed under there as being part of the team. YAY!)

The reason I am so aware of all this, is because I chose him as my favourite player when he tried out for Storm in early 2000 (I think), but then they sent him away...*sigh* Evil Chris Anderson & Co :evil:

Anyway, again, I hope he does well...

Have a nice day. :)

mightypanther

Juniors
Brett Howland is still with Penrith.

Colin Ward has officially retired from the NRL, but is still training
with the guys so that he can be fit to go to England to play against
Bradford in the WCC.

The club invited him to take Satt's place in the side to repay him for
playing a big part in Penrith achieving the Premiership trophy in 2003.

roofromoz

First Grade
I went to Panthers Interactive, and got the preliminary squad for 2004 (probably includes both Panthers abd Cougars teams).

Anyway, I'll put an asterisk next to the ones that I believe are newcomers (may be wrong with some of them - working off memory)...

Anthony Armour
Shaun Ata*
Brett Atkinson
Aaron Barba*
Damien Blanch*
Preston Campbell
Trent Clayton*
Joel Clinton
Luke Cross*
Garret Crossman
Brad Domek*
Shannon Donato
Richard Fa'aoso
Danny Galea
Joe Galuvao
Ryan Girdler
Craig Gower
Brett Howland
Martin Lang
Luke Lewis
Peter Lewis
Tim Maccan*
David McLean
Matthew Pow*
Luke Priddis
Frank Pritchard
Frank Puletua*
Tony Puletua
Amos Roberts*
Shane Rodney
Ben Rogers*
Jono Rolfe*
Luke Rooney
Ben Ross
Jesse Royal*
Daniel Russell
Glenn Sedwell
Luke Swain
Trent Waterhouse
Rhys Wesser
Paul Whatuira
Jason Wrigley*

Big Mick

Referee
roofromoz said:
Damien Blanch*
Brad Domek*
Tim Maccan*
Matthew Pow*
Ben Rogers*
Jono Rolfe*
Jesse Royal*

I believe these are our youngsters and junior and first division ranks and are not new.

The Colonel

Immortal
Big Mick said:
roofromoz said:
Damien Blanch*
Brad Domek*
Tim Maccan*
Matthew Pow*
Ben Rogers*
Jono Rolfe*
Jesse Royal*

I believe these are our youngsters and junior and first division ranks and are not new.

Provided its the same Ben Rogers - he was at the Eels about two years ago and played last year with the Bears side in first divvie. I think Royal and Pow may have as well but don't quote me on those two. ;-)

Fibroman

First Grade
We've done o.k. in the past with young blokes we picked up from Parra. Eg. Joel Clinton. Also who could ever forget Neville Glover.

Nugby

Juniors
He he, didn't realise a UNSW education was needed to pick that one aqua duck. Go University of Canberra :)