What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains, Losses and Re-Signings

I am surprised they are looking to re-sign Luke Kelly...this sends a signal that they are potentially going to play him at no 6 next year when I thought they would have played Widdop there.

little_aza

Juniors
I am surprised they are looking to re-sign Luke Kelly...this sends a signal that they are potentially going to play him at no 6 next year when I thought they would have played Widdop there.

If we're signing him for cheap, there's a chance he might not be included in the Top 25? But chances are, after cutting lots of upper-level players, he will be.

AB129*

Juniors
No offence, but you guys really have been spoilt.

Luke Kelly would be in almost any other club's Top 25.

Avenger

Immortal

They'll both play in the halves when Cronk asks for a release to join the Eels.

little_aza

Juniors
Well now with Inglis gone, we're apparently under the cap for 2011. I was under the impression (only heard it once) that we have room to move, and will be signing new players. As SallyMay asked in the main forum, who would Melbourne sign?

My guess is that it would have to be some front-rower. But who? Any idea? Perhaps Willie Mason?? Haha

Noa

First Grade
sam mckedry
Troy thompson
Martin kennedy

Thats a few names id go after, Mckendry would be a huge get and thompson would be a great squad player.

Also feel depth in the backs is almost as important and we are really lacking going into next year.

to_ddeath

Coach
Anyone know if youre taking Jon Green off us yet?
Heard youre interested in Marketo as well.......
Will be interesting to see what happens....these are purely rumours but theyve popped up recently
in publications like RLW etc...

T.

Big Mick

Referee
sam mckedry
Troy thompson
Martin kennedy

Thats a few names id go after, Mckendry would be a huge get and thompson would be a great squad player.

Also feel depth in the backs is almost as important and we are really lacking going into next year.

On McKendry:

a) He isn't off contract this year
b) You wouldn't get him for under $200k therefore you cannot afford him
c) He isn't going anywhere.

:D

Last edited:
All I can say is well done to the Storm organisation for their win today, fantastic for you to be able to beat the Bunnies today, granted without Sutton, L.Stuart and D.Taylor, nontheless I wish you all the best for 2011, you'll still have a fabulous side to support, and hopefully Widdop will turn into a fab five-eighth, England need a half in their team playing in the NRL. England just need for another NRL centre and right wing to make themselves available for them now. I'm sure if Chris Heighington was a right winger Steve McNamara would select him, but as he's a front-rower, well the Lions have plenty of them to do well against the Kangaroos and Kiwis.

Storm are trialling Stanley Waqa this week.

He got cut by Roosters last year due to disciplinary reasons and played approx 9 games.

They are also looking at Jaiman Lowe who has played approx 95 NRL games for Souths and Cowboys and would be a good pick up. Plays a tough and direct game and would compliment likes of Blair and Manu who could run off him.

Latest posts