What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galea

B_Tiger

Juniors
Galea is a better option than fitzy at 5/8 because we need a player of galea's class out there. Galea's name rarely pops up in a match these days because, for reasons beyond me, they play him in the middle of the field taking hit-ups. Galea is an intelligent player when he has his hands on the ball, but making his role hit-ups down the middle just wipes out most of the positive aspects of his game. I rate galea equal with hodgson in terms of awareness on the field. So, give galea the ball out wide with a bit of space and players outside him and Galea will be able to play his natural game. While fitzy is capable of making a break, his attempts to do so often kills momentum in a set of six and he isn't effective enough at making breaks to justify keeping him out there. Galea runs to the line or moves the ball outwide, and he does both consistantly. Considering the amount of errors we are commiting this season, a consistant player such as Galea should be given a chance at 5/8, not because all options have been tested and he is the last remaing option, but because his style of play is best suited to 5/8. If sheens doesn't want him there then he should be dropped because he isn't an effective running second rower. he will give zero impact all season if he is kept there, which is a shame for a player that talented. I beleieve galea's natural development as a player has led him to the 5/8 position, he has all the skills to perform there and now I think all he needs is the opportunity.

tracietiga

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
Galea is a better option than fitzy at 5/8 because we need a player of galea's class out there. Galea's name rarely pops up in a match these days because, for reasons beyond me, they play him in the middle of the field taking hit-ups. Galea is an intelligent player when he has his hands on the ball, but making his role hit-ups down the middle just wipes out most of the positive aspects of his game. I rate galea equal with hodgson in terms of awareness on the field. So, give galea the ball out wide with a bit of space and players outside him and Galea will be able to play his natural game. While fitzy is capable of making a break, his attempts to do so often kills momentum in a set of six and he isn't effective enough at making breaks to justify keeping him out there. Galea runs to the line or moves the ball outwide, and he does both consistantly. Considering the amount of errors we are commiting this season, a consistant player such as Galea should be given a chance at 5/8, not because all options have been tested and he is the last remaing option, but because his style of play is best suited to 5/8. If sheens doesn't want him there then he should be dropped because he isn't an effective running second rower. he will give zero impact all season if he is kept there, which is a shame for a player that talented. I beleieve galea's natural development as a player has led him to the 5/8 position, he has all the skills to perform there and now I think all he needs is the opportunity.

Well it seems to be the same shit different week after every loss.
Galea to 5/8 so and so dropped for so and so always the same names get bandied around .
How many of the knocker were calling for Fitzys head after last weeks game ?

The game was lost in the first 20 minutes when we failed to capitalise on a huge posession rate because of our simple mistakes .

Now ask your selves this honest question .
Did you really think we were a chance at the upset .
The Roosters are full on with rep players and when needed they came to the fore .

22 zip was not too bad in the end .
Anybody who believes we are a definate top 8 chance at this stage lives with the pixies .

10 th 9 th and possible 8th if we can get a few of our more noted players back in the game is the best we can muster up for this season .

We need to use whatever money is available to secure a classy centre ,then hope pat richards gets over his injury woes ,and a classy second rower with ball playing skills would not go asstray .
I wonder if toopi is unhappy at the Warriors .

simon says

First Grade
Hopefull Benji will be back soon and 5/8 wont be an issue.Prince?Marshall combo does it for me.....the beauty of Benji is not ony his ballplay but he is a top kicker too.

Totally agree that we lost the game in the first twenty.We should have been up 6-0 at least,possibly 12-0.If we get into that position you can win cos you pressure the opposition to play a catch up game.

I dont know whether we would have won it or not,but we could have given them a good scare and ourselves a real confidence boost.Instead we are down in the dumps after getting flogged........

daslacker

Juniors
I can't wait till benji gets back.Given the chance i'd have benji
at fullback.But we have hodgso their and need him in the halves.

At fullback marshall can be more affective if the kick chase is
ordinary,roam around when we a in attack,keeps him out of
the defence line.ala locky.Then move to the halves.The game
was alot different since dailey started at centre and i don't see much
point of have marshall at centre.Fullback would be the best option IMO

tracietiga

Juniors
Benji has halfback written all over him .
We have all seen so far this year how wasted he is in the centres , so why would we bother putting him at fullback where he will be smashed from pillar to post ,especially when we have an origin class fullback in Brett Hodgson.

The kid oozes with confidence and needs the pill in his hands .

jirskyr

Juniors
I agree. Galea for 5/8th.

We know Fitzy's weaknesses:
1. "The Fitzy"
2. Passing
3. Defence outside the forwards

1. Fitzy is a good runner but if there is no gap he does "a Fitzy" on the spot and gets crunched. Galea would, if no other options are available, at least hit the line with some force.

2. Fitzy doesn't deliver quality ball to his centres. We know Galea has good hands.

3. Fitzy doesn't defend well against fast big guys. Galea used to be a real axe and with fitness is again making quality tackles.

Fitzy is first grade material, but does not have the necessary qualities for a 5/8th. We just won't go to that next level of competitiveness with him there.

Plus, unlike last year, Fitzy's stab grubbers are only finding opposition legs and feet.

B_Tiger

Juniors
tracietiga said:
B_Tiger said:

Well it seems to be the same sh*t different week after every loss.
Galea to 5/8 so and so dropped for so and so always the same names get bandied around .
How many of the knocker were calling for Fitzys head after last weeks game ?

The game was lost in the first 20 minutes when we failed to capitalise on a huge posession rate because of our simple mistakes .

Now ask your selves this honest question .
Did you really think we were a chance at the upset .
The Roosters are full on with rep players and when needed they came to the fore .

Anybody who believes we are a definate top 8 chance at this stage lives with the pixies .

10 th 9 th and possible 8th if we can get a few of our more noted players back in the game is the best we can muster up for this season .

We need to use whatever money is available to secure a classy centre ,then hope pat richards gets over his injury woes ,and a classy second rower with ball playing skills would not go asstray .
I wonder if toopi is unhappy at the Warriors .

what a f**king pile of crap. You don't expect to win? You are happy with 22-0? Sure, we're a shit team, but that doesn't make losses acceptable. We've been crap for so long that losses have taken on a new meaning. While I can understand your perspective I think that is the wrong attitude to have. There is always a chance of winning, no matter who the opposition. To lose that hope seems to defeat the purpose of supporting a club. You simply are buying into the rubbish presented in newspapers. You think because our players aren't hyped up they can't perform. But, that is complete garbage. The press chooses to talk up whichever players they happen to bother watching, their opinions are usually uninformed, particularly when dealing with the tigers. I'm not saying our side are anything above mediocre, but victory last night was not beyond us.

Also, I am not accountable for the opinions of other fans. You ask who was calling for fitzy's head last week? Well, I was. I have always been of the opinion that fitzy dances around too much to be an effective 5/8. Since pre-season i have been saying he isn't good enough. It isn't simply a reaction to a loss. The other changes I have asked for after both losses and victories have been the addition of balmain props into the side. I don't think there has been much varriance in my opinions all year. Rather then accept that my side has no hope, I'd rather consider how to make them better. Galea at 5/8 is one way i think our side can improve.

tiger_nick

Bench
Q When have we looked our best in attack this year?

A The last 20mins against Manly were we scored 4 tries

Q Who were our halves for that period?

Answer anybody??

Agrred, get him in there

tracietiga

Juniors
Go and buy your grand final ticket and sit with the pixies B Tiger .If you truly believe we were a chance last night than 1. you either have no clue about rugby league .Or 2 your smokin some really good gear .
I bet you are one of those people who would select the entire balmain premier league side in the top grade if you had your way .
I am a realist when it comes to my side and i posted 3 days before the game that we couldnt win .
Too much class by the oposing side was always going to be the key to the game . and 22-0 in the circumstances was not that bad .

Now can we beat the Raiders next Sunday , YES we can .

B_Tiger

Juniors
I get accused of being negative all the time, now I'm too positive. But, if you don't go into a match hoping for victory then why the hell are you going? If you have that little faith in your players and your club then what reason is there to support them? I love me team, and I like the players we have. I believe they could have beaten the roosters last night (however unlikely) and I'll go into the next roosters match believing the same. It's not as if I didn't think a loss was possible (or even likely) but I see through very biased eyes and I wanted a win. You want to feel down about your club and claim a loss is an inevitable conclusion (after it's happened), so do it. However, I sat at aussie stadium yesterday hoping for nothing less than a victory. There's absolutely nothing wrong with believing in your clubs ability and it isn't a question of how much league knowledge you have. It goes beyond that.

I am not a fan who goes home hoping for sweeping changes after a loss, blaming the ref for the result and all around wanting to blame someone. However, I can't deny being dissapointed when we lose and that won't ever change. I am very critical of my team and players, but I consider myself a supporter of my club and as such I choose to support them. If your solution is to simply say, "f**k it, we have no chance no matter what we do", then that's only going to achieve the same crap for the next ten years. It's only the f**king papers saying we are no hopers and you're only a half arsed fan if you choose to buy into their rubbish over believing in your side. 22-0 may be alright by you, but I actually have some pride in my club.

B_Tiger

Juniors
just because you asked, my side for next week:

1. hodgo
2. moodie
3. fitzy
4. Harrison
5. duffy, covell...but no one really seems to stand out
6. Galea
7. Prince
8. Laffranchi
9. Farah/Mears
10.Skando
11.Lima
12.Graham
13.Sattler

14.Fulton
15.Small
16.Gibbs
17.Payten

three big front rowers coming on, along with lima adding power to the second row, should help go forward. O'neill's best value is as a reliable 80min player, so there's no real point of giving him a mercy bench spot. Senter is also a controvertial ommision and I'd have him in there (prolly second row) if our go-forward was alright, but I just don't think he's the right sort of player for what we need.

tracietiga

Juniors
I predicted the loss before the event, but who cares either way .
Does being a top supporter mean we must believe the side will win every time we play .From memory i cannot recall the last side to win the premiership undefeated .

Explain to us all what you think pride is .

We played the side who has been at its peak for a few seasons, chock full of australian and state representitves and we gave our all .but 20 minutes of our all is not enough to beat a top side like the roosters .

And hey whats the papers got to do with this thread ?

As a dedicated fan that you say you are , i really believe 22 zip made us look far better than we were .

By the way what sweeping changes have i called for . I was just being a realist and trying not to put a negative spin to it all

innsaneink

Referee
tracietiga said:

Thinking 22-0 is pixie stuff IMO.

Anyone who knows anything about rugby league also knows that no team is unbeatable.

A zero scoreline is ALWAYS unacceptable.

innsaneink

Referee
tracietiga said:

Thinking 22-0 is acceptable is pixie stuff IMO.

Anyone who knows anything about rugby league also knows that no team is unbeatable.

A zero scoreline is ALWAYS unacceptable.

B_Tiger

Juniors
you predicted the loss? If I was asked I'd probably say the roosters to win as well. But that isn't what you said. You said NO CHANCE, and that is a big f**king difference. I never claimed that I EXPECT a win every match, simply that I hope for one. I am a negative fan and I usually expect my side to choke against the lower clubs and be flogged by the better sides. But, I still hope for a victory and I am still dissapointed with a loss.

I'm not going to explain pride to you man. But to be beaten 22-0 by a club I hate hurts my pride. It affects my mood and will keep me down for a while. I hate that we come away from a 22-0 result and commentators praise us for our effort and commitment. That's bullshit and we dont need that sort of sympathy. We were completely outplayed and I expect more, even if I have no right to expect more. I don't know who you supported before the merger but I'd guess it was the magpies if you think 22-0 was flattering for us. In my opinion, scoring zero points is embarresingly bad and no matter what the other team scores, ending up with zero points means we were completely outplayed.

I mentioned the press because they have to do with the way you perceive the club. The papers give us zero exposure and usually only ciritcism when things are written and as such you probably form the view that we are no hopers against a side like the roosters. However, I see that scott prince has been in brilliant form this season, and maybe this week his work will start to show up on the highlight reel. While, hodgo might just be able to create some more tries with his terrific play in the backline this season. Plus, I was hoping skando and laffranchi would be able to muscle an average forward pack (in my opinion) out of the match. Basically, I don't give a shit what others write about my side, I see it how I want. If you were a genuine fan who watched the games without the papers influence then there's no way you'd say we were no chance against another rugby league side who fielded the same amount of players as us. I just don't understand why you'd even give a shit about the tigers if you thought them uncapable of winning a match.

As for your last sentance, I didn't mean to say that you were a fan who called for sweeping changes after losses. Instead, it was a reaction to your original post in which you said that my opinion that fitzy should be replaced was simply a typical desire of fans to see heads roll after a loss. All I was trying to say was that I didn't think my opinion was in direct reaction to the loss, instead I think my opinion has been reasonably consistant throughout the year. Thus, I wrote that i didn't think I was a fan who called for sweeping changes after a loss.

bonstonker

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
However, I see that scott prince has been in brilliant form this season, and maybe this week his work will start to show up on the highlight reel.

brilliant form,wtf :?

his form has been anything but,10mins here and there is not brilliant.
with sheens having to have a word with him after the first month about his form,i can't see where you get brilliant from.

the amount of times we have got to the last tackle and prince has been no where to be seen is not what i call brilliant form from our no.1 go to man.

he really needs to start taking control,and not for 10min here and there,but for the majority of the match.

simon says

First Grade
I have issues with Prince too.Great with the ball in hand but his kicking his been horrible.We cannot be a top team if we cant put pressure on teams on the last tackle.It makes my blood boil when we just hand the ball back while others sides murder us with repeat sets........

Im hoping that Benji gets back ASAP and takes some(kicking)pressure of him.I know Bunji has a top class kicking game.......I reckon that if we could have got some repeat sets that we could have got a decent lead.Instead we were 0-0 after 20 mins of superiority.Thats what I find worrying.

simon says

First Grade
Ill have a go at a team......

Hodgson
Moodie
Elford
Halatau
Covell
Benji
Prince
Boof
Senter
Skandy
Gibbs
Graham
Sattler
Reserves.......Fitzy,Lima,Payten,Galea.

That team is beefier and has plenty of metres in it.......

B_Tiger

Juniors
Are you kidding? Prince has been top quality all season. The newspaper article you refer to said sheens sat him down and said he was happy with his form but wanted him to attack more, that isn't harsh criticism of a player. His kicking game has been excellent. Sure he kicks it to the fullback on the full often but I'd say that was due to poor go forward by the forwards rather then poor play by prince. It's ideal to have a quick play the ball after a decent run on fourth tackle giving the kicker time and space. We have dumbarses like senter taking a 2 metre run from dummy half and not managing a quick play the ball, thus allowing the defense to get set and attack the kicker. He rarely gets a decent set up for a kick but when he does it usually ends up at the back of the in-goal. The whole side broke down against the roosters, it is unfair to target him for the 5th tackle options. After having shit halves like jeffries, withers, black and tippett I can't believe you all aren't rapped with a player like prince.

White Tiger

Juniors
simon says said:
I have issues with Prince too.Great with the ball in hand but his kicking his been horrible.We cannot be a top team if we cant put pressure on teams on the last tackle.It makes my blood boil when we just hand the ball back while others sides murder us with repeat sets........

Im hoping that Benji gets back ASAP and takes some(kicking)pressure of him.I know Bunji has a top class kicking game.......I reckon that if we could have got some repeat sets that we could have got a decent lead.Instead we were 0-0 after 20 mins of superiority.Thats what I find worrying.

Just wondering, how do you know, have you seen it ?

Not being sarcastic either :D

PS - is Bunji the half we bought from india :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts