What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallant selected in Reserve grade

Bricey

Juniors
Very surprised that Shannon Gallant has been selected to play for Mackay this week in the Queensland cup. Ty Williams must be in sensational form. the trip alone will test the little fella.....its over 750kms return!

Looking at the side we have put out, im sure he would have been in the 1 for us......

Then again, maybe not!

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Very surprised that Shannon Gallant has been selected to play for Mackay this week in the Queensland cup. Ty Williams must be in sensational form. the trip alone will test the little fella.....its over 750kms return!

Looking at the side we have put out, im sure he would have been in the 1 for us......

Then again, maybe not!

Not if it had anything to do with Teflon. Gallant would never be in his calculations- he'd try Cayless at fullback rather than admit Gallant was any good.

DanOz

Juniors
And that is what pisses me off most. 2010 should have been this:

1 Gallant
2 Tuqiri
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Tuiaki
6 Marshall
7 Moltzen

14 Taumata

On the way to the semis without doubt imo.

Borat.

Juniors
He has gone and we will get there anyway boys!

Good luck to Mighty mouse- if he could get half a dozen games in a row he would cement a decent contract....hopefully Williams has a shocker...

DanOz

Juniors

Good luck to Mighty mouse- if he could get half a dozen games in a row he would cement a decent contract....hopefully Williams has a shocker...

Gallant on a bad day is better than Williams at fullback.

Vic Mackey

Referee
dont understand this selection at all. gallant plays a lot more up the middle then bowen and this would suit the cowboys style of attack with payne and thurston preferring to play direct rather then side to side.

gallant off a payne or thurston inside ball would be dynamite

Magpies_74

Juniors
:lol: Sheens tenticals must reach all the way to North Queensland, Ty Williams ahead of him. Henry's the coach yet Sheens still gets slated. :crazy:

Bricey

Juniors

45 minutes in........and yep, he's offically had a shocker! 1 dropped bomb and into touch of kicks twice

westie

Bench
Dropped another few balls since you said though.

Henry has lost the plot. No Gallant or Webb? I don't care if they're not fit, you need your best players on the park.

Ninja

Juniors
And that is what pisses me off most. 2010 should have been this:

1 Gallant
2 Tuqiri
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Tuiaki
6 Marshall
7 Moltzen

14 Taumata

On the way to the semis without doubt imo.

Wow, awesome... There' d be some 50+ scorelines and a sweet highlight reel with that combination.... But what would we know.... Let's move Gibbs to fullback and turn Lawerence into a second rower

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently Gallant has had some woeful form in the trials which is why Ty WIlliams of all people, has replaced him.

If he doesn't improve quickly, he'll end up being a third choice fullback.

A part of me says stiff sh*t, he got an offer from the Tigers but turned his back on it and left. Sure Sheens was reluctant to play him, but he opted to leave in the end.

DanOz

Juniors
Apparently Gallant has had some woeful form in the trials which is why Ty WIlliams of all people, has replaced him.

If he doesn't improve quickly, he'll end up being a third choice fullback.

A part of me says stiff sh*t, he got an offer from the Tigers but turned his back on it and left. Sure Sheens was reluctant to play him, but he opted to leave in the end.

And apparently Robert Lui is related to Jesus Christ, but I don't believe the spin they feed us to justify their decisions. Gallant knew he was wasting his time under Sheens, I truly doubt he wanted to uproot his whole life and leave.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He had an option to stay in the end though.

Personally I think his career would have benefitted from a run with the Roosters. Mini on the way out, no real decent fullbacks available to take over, he would have slipped into the gig and held it for as long as he wanted.

Now he's going to be behind Matty Bowen and now, Ty Williams of all people as well.

He's moved up geographically but his situation regarding first grade career hasn't changed at all.

Juniors
I changed my tip to cowboys when I heard he was playing. He plays a similar attacking game to Bowen and should slot straight into that team. Sure he Will have a solid game.

Bricey

Juniors
Dally M points for rd 4

Cowboys V Gold Coast

3. Willie Tonga
2. Jonathan Thurstan
1. Shannon Gallant

he had a stormer. Anyone watching the replay, 24 minutes in is the reason why we should have kept him!

Latest posts