What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen: Permission to negotiate with rival cubs

Shark

Bench
I'm with you Jimbo on the El Mazri thing, but I'm thinking a Vagana/El Masri combo would look even better...

Jimbo

Immortal
Vagana is a centre mate ;-)

1200 sharkettes said:
Reick is a clumsy rabble ...can't defend, can't defend kicks, can't catch.
A liability that i'm sure is costing us twice as much as he is worth.

I respectfully disagree

Shark

Bench
Yeah, I know that James...

But last time I checked, Wingers don't line up alongside each other!

Jimbo

Immortal
I know that too Shark. But they're still referred to as a wing combo.

RUN AT ME!!

:twisted:

Wingers don't win premierships.

IMO, our major concern is defence - primarily around the ruck and edges.

Work there, or sign some people there who can help/teach/give confidence to our back row/front row with their ability/talk on the paddock/presence.

Just my opinion..

The problem is, defensive players won't get the saliver glands flowing with most of the fans, and politics etc is a big part of it these days.

Shark

Bench
Ahh YES!

Jamie Ainscough...The best player ever to win a Grand Final...For the Storm!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah righto... all these rumours B4 the deadline. Well here's one for you all.... Sharkies to tempt Tommy Bishop back to the fold. We need playmaker to cover for Noddy!!!!

Rieck_Fan

Juniors
1200 sharkettes said:
Reick is a clumsy rabble ...can't defend, can't defend kicks, can't catch.

True in the past he has been, but as of late and most of last season he has been good and he is getting better. Did you go to the Penrith game on the weekend? Defended well, caught well under pressure and defended on the wing against kicks. The guy's only young and he's starting to come good.

1200 sharkettes said:
Does anyone know what rieck's contract is worth?
And Rieck's contract apparently isn't worth that much anyway, no where near as much as what Merritt is supposedly getting and Rieck has looked a lot better than Merritt so far (not that I don't like Merritt or anything).

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Whilst I am critical of Reick I agree in the sentiments of value
is Merrit playing 3 times better than Reick?
Will he ever?

Surely

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Whilst I am critical of Reick I agree in the sentiments of value
is Merrit playing 3 times better than Reick?
Will he ever?

Noooo ... will he ever play as good ..... Nooooo

How do we get the 180K back !

Special K

Coach
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hands off you merkins. Gallen I think is only trying to get a better deal. Raper rates him, Sludge wants to keep him and he likes the club.

Don't forget the club stood by him last year when he went missing for 7 weeks after the worlds greatest high shot.

STAY GALLEN

beekershark

Bench
Parra could be a genuine threat IF it comes down to $$$, which it often does. Two clubs were in the bidding war for Nuts, Melbourne and Auckland, and neither managed to come up with an offer that was more attractive that the sharks offer to stay, that in my opinion indicates that the figures and amounts of dollars out there that clubs are throwing at players is not as high and attractive as many of us may believe.

Melbourne and Auckland traditionally offer overs for players as they need to relocate. Nutts has been in the UK and come back and obviously is not against relocating to play for the right deal, but he has stayed for 2 more years, and full credit to him, he's our best forward.

I wouldnt think gallen would command much more, if any than Nuts in the marketplace, and he may get a rude shock when he sees what the "market" has to offer when he "tests" it.

JCSwank

Juniors
Agreed Beeker - I'd say that he has asked for more than the Sharks think he is worth so they have asked him to test the market to see if the kind of money he wants is available.

Lets hope no-one throws crazy amounts of money at him and we hold onto him. In saying that, if another club offers overs for him, I think we would be silly to try and match it if we don't think he's worth that money.

Nuffs

Bench
beeks, the two clubs you mentioned were quickly dismissed because of family reasons for him

i know that he accepted an offer less than he wanted to

but given the options, he had to stay

Latest posts