What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen Staying A Shark

sladden road

Juniors
big turn around from late last year....
hopefully shows what a change in the club with professionals in the staff..gallen wanted out now with ricky happy to stay
not just good news for gallen but for all involved with the club

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Great news.

I guess that sort of change of heart can happen when you replace one Stuart with another.

Were there any other factors involved besides the coach SLE?

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
sladden road said:
big turn around from late last year....
hopefully shows what a change in the club with professionals in the staff..gallen wanted out now with ricky happy to stay
not just good news for gallen but for all involved with the club

Thanks for the info SLE.
Last year there was the "I wanna play in the finals" hissy fit, :crazy: but wasnt there some comments made about his attitude after playing SOO???

I hope both attitude issues are gooorrrne. I had alot of respect for the guy and considered him my favorite player until his public ranting.

sharkadelic

Juniors
That is awesome news. Despite the sh*te served up at the end of last year, Gallen is the lynch pin of one of the best back rows in the comp.

Very happy tidings

Qld-Sharkie said:
Thanks for the info SLE.
Last year there was the "I wanna play in the finals" hissy fit, :crazy: but wasnt there some comments made about his attitude after playing SOO???

I hope both attitude issues are gooorrrne. I had alot of respect for the guy and considered him my favorite player until his public ranting.

Yes apparently he had an exceptionally high opinion of himself after SOO.

I think that changed when he noticed how many times he was costing the team decent field position and posession by dropping the ball nearly every time he had it!

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Dragon Slayer said:
Yes apparently he had an exceptionally high opinion of himself after SOO.

I think that changed when he noticed how many times he was costing the team decent field position and posession by dropping the ball nearly every time he had it!

:shock: You mean he didnt know he had bad hands before SOO?
I think he read in the RLW how much of a tool he was.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Gallen has been one of the Sharks best for nearly 3 years now. His dropped ball couldbe attributed to the way he was told to play. he didnt drop any ball during origin.
His main problem was trying to play the ball too quickly & iMO was a goodchance at receiving a penalty for play the ball infringements, but more often than not, was awarded a knock on. Wont happen if we are running near the top of the table & teamswont risk PTB infringements on front runners.
I don't believe any of what was said in RLW. The guy was just trying to pump his salary up & in return he gives the club his all.
Integral team member.

Inferno

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Gallen has been one of the Sharks best for nearly 3 years now. His dropped ball couldbe attributed to the way he was told to play. he didnt drop any ball during origin.
His main problem was trying to play the ball too quickly & iMO was a goodchance at receiving a penalty for play the ball infringements, but more often than not, was awarded a knock on. Wont happen if we are running near the top of the table & teamswont risk PTB infringements on front runners.
I don't believe any of what was said in RLW. The guy was just trying to pump his salary up & in return he gives the club his all.
Integral team member.

I think his main problem in 05 was trying to play the ball too quickly, but last year his dropsies were mostly loose carries or trying to pop an offload when it wasn't on. Fingers crossed he works on that this year, or I don't think he will be adding to his rep duties. Backrow is a pretty congested position with Hindmarsh and O'Donnell basically walk up starts for the Blues. Gallen will be fighting it out for the other spot or a benchie position with Hoffman, Menzies, Mason (if not playing prop), Tupou, Ryan, Matuia and Simpson