What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

Brutus

Referee
of course you can't seeing it's been investigated already and no charges were laid

Only a gullible blinkered clown like yourself would believe that it was all Greg Inglis's and Wally's fault.

Actually I blame the boat. That boat has a lot to answer for!!!

Parra

Referee
To properly state it - as long as crimes are not proven to have been committed everything is OK.

What a garbage standard.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Only a gullible blinkered clown like yourself would believe that it was all Greg Inglis's and Wally's fault.

Actually I blame the boat. That boat has a lot to answer for!!!

so you know more than the police now

go fill them in on what they missed so charges can be laid

El Diablo

Post Whore
To properly state it - as long as crimes are not proven to have been committed everything is OK.

What a garbage standard.

who said that :?

salary cap cheating is not OK

that doesn't make it a criminal offence though

_Johnsy

Referee
Why, I didnt know you cared Johnsy!
3060000000048125.GIF

Always

big_matt

Juniors
I've always accepted that we cheated and the punishments that went along with it. But I too would be genuinely interested to find out why this whole episode has finished so strangely.

Why did no-one even get arrested during the police investigation despite the talk of 10 year jail terms getting handed out?

Why can't the NRL reveal any details about what went on and who was specifically involved in what?

Why have the police said there were no tax wrongdoings? (I'm assuming that being paid from a non-registered contract would be illegal?). And if players were being secretly given boats etc by their employer without registering it would the tax office not have deemed that an offense?

Why has Waldron (the real enemy) been let off completely by the NRL and police?

Why is it taking so long to investigate player agents?

It's referred to daily as the biggest scandal in the history of Australian sport but there are so many unanswered questions and so little clarity or detail from the NRL.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not defending our club's or Waldrons actions in any way. I've just found the more recent fallout all a bit strange. All we have is some vague information from this PWC report that seemed to throw up more questions than answers.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
big_matt

Another issue is there was no evidence that fraud was committed. Part of that issue was that not one player or player manager co-operated with the forensic investigators (Deloittes from memory).

IMO this has rightly cast a massive shadow over each and every players integrity, especially the big names. The only way to "clear" the mud from the club and each of the players was for everyone involved in any capacity to fully co-operate with any investigation. If someone has done nothing wrong, whats the issue with co-operating ?

To answer your questions, who currently owns the NRL and melbourne Storm. That company wants this mess to blow over ASAP. As the governing body and owners of the club, who out of the NRL, Melbourne Storm & news Ltd are actually going to make a formal complaint to Police? If no official complaint is made to Police there is no subsequent investigation.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-melbourne-radio/story-e6frexnr-1226144285419

NRL boss David Gallop embroiled in more drama with Storm fans after appearing on Melbourne radio

COMEDIAN and radio host Mick Molloy ambushed David Gallop this morning - playing canned boos to the NRL boss during a radio interview.

And Gallop's cool response on MMM's Hot Breakfast to the stunt sent his Melbourne critics in to meltdown.

"Hmm. Playing canned boos to David Gallop didn't seem to garner the response we were hoping for. Tried to lighten the mood. Never mind,'' read a post on the show's Twitter account after the interview.

LISTEN TO THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE

Caller Greg said: ''Gallop, fantastic, you don't like booing ... you ain't seen nothing yet bucko'', to which the league boss responded that booing was one thing, but the outrageously offensive language he was subjected to was indefensible.

Molloy, co-host with Eddie McGuire and former Western Bulldogs player Luke Darcy, called on Gallop to repeat his apology over the clumsy analogy involving terrorists and Storm fans - which the league CEO did.

Molloy asked the toughest questions, pushing Gallop on whether he really wanted "sport without passion".

"There's a pretty simple point, passion is very important in sport. But it shouldn't be an excuse for abuse, or an excuse for some pretty heavy language at what is supposed to be a family event," Gallop replied.

Molloy asked what kind of reception he expected to get, given he had stripped the Storm of premierships and points, and said the passion excuse was a joke.

"When you come down so hard on players and read the riot act, don't you think that the game deserves better from their CEO,'' Molloy asked.

Gallop straight-batted: "Some tough decisions were made down there and they were the right decisions for the game. The great thing is that the club continued to focus ... and they're pretty well ready to take the premiership in 2011 with a different playing roster," Gallop said, adding he would attend tomorrow's Storm match against the Warriors.

"It would have been easy for them to kick cans along the street, particularly last year when they weren't playing for points.

"Hopefully tomorrow will be about what a big game it is for the Storm, the Warriors are a pretty formidable opponent for them. Hopefully we just focus on the footy.

"I wish Melbourne supporters all the best of luck this weekend."
One caller Nathan said he supported Gallop and the penalty for the unprecedented salary cap rorting.

"Melbourne fans need to understand that they did cheat and they did win games they probably shouldn't have,'' he said.

Booing Gallop when he visited the Storm's homeground to present the JJ Giltinan Shield wasn't enough, yesterday feral fans turned to Twitter to lambast the league's top executive, here is a selection:

• @lachie87 said: "Mick asking the hard questions. Who'd have thunk it?.
  • Aastroboy732 said: "it has nothing 2 do with the penalties. It's Gallops attitude 2wards @MelbStormRLC we have a problem with #purplepride".
  • @_RinaM_ said: "Well said Darc and Mick...was David Gallop apologizing just then..pathetic attempt...#Gallophatesmelbourne"
  • @wemb said: "it's a pity Gallops expectations of Storm supporters doesn't extend to NRL players in general."

Gee, i really hope he gets a better reception tomorrow night.

Brutus

Referee
Did I just hear Gallop in that interview say 9 has done a terrific job promoting the Storm in Melbourne? FFs, get rid him now!!

squeeze

Juniors
as much as i can't stand the muppet, there is 1 thing i will give him. its well timed as far as advertising for sat nights game goes. he came on one of the biggest breakfast radio shows in melb and took the criticism while at the same time promoted the game.

his still a c@#k tho. :D

Dragon2010

First Grade
Get Gallop to do the pre-match entertainment for the GrandFinal. He can do stand-up and cal the fans terrorists more.