What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

Evenflow

Bench
Lol at the Storm f**ks with their woe-is-me whinge about copping it at opposition games.

I have never felt as fearful for my safety as I did last time I went to watch the Raiders at Olympic Park. Threats of violence, actual violence, beer poured over me... you name it, it happened. So no sympathy from me for you bunch of neanderthals. You reap what you sow.

:lol: yeah right.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Been to quite a number of games in Melbourne, and there is a standard proportion of fools and people behaving badly despite what Melbourne fans might like to think - and I've been to more grounds than most Storm supporters.
The thing that makes me chuckle is most Storm fans there who've never been to a game at the likes of Leichhardt, Lang Park, Brookie etc.

They're accustomed to being in the vast majority of a crowd and after catching up with a couple of Storm supporters after a visit to Leichhardt, they admitted that they thought the Storm crowds passion wasn't the be all and end all they made it out to be. They now knew what it was like to have a real home ground crowd against them.

No violence or threats and they enjoyed the banter - but they were horrified a crowd could dish it out to a visiting team so relentlessly for 80 minutes in a way most of the Melbourne crowd had no clue about since they've never traveled.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
So after all this systematic rorting and so-forth which individuals have actually been penalised?

Yeah, we know about the premierships, but the directors, Storm admin - who has been officially penalised? We know the non-News LTD Storm directors were moved on.

Who really new about all of this. Storm are owned by News LTD aren't they?

Was Waldron ever given an officially punishment? Where are these "rats in the ranks" now?? When is Wally's book coming out?? Will it ever?? Does he know too much??

What about the people who placed bets on Melb winning the wooden spoon?

So many questions remain unanswered.

Waldron was leaving and going to RU. how can he be punished?

and are you slow re the spoon betting?

Police find no evidence of criminal activity around betting plunge into Melbourne's 2010 wooden spoon

Evenflow

Bench
Been to quite a number of games in Melbourne, and there is a standard proportion of fools and people behaving badly despite what Melbourne fans might like to think

I don't think anybody is saying that there's never been any incidents at Storm home games, they're only saying they haven't seen any which is more than feasible given you can't be at every part of the ground.

Personally myself in all my years of following the Storm i've only saw one issue in the crowd which was at AAMI against the Bulldogs from memory. No idea what happened or who caused it as it was about 50m away from our seats but there looked to be a bit of commotion in the stands which was sorted out as quick as it started.

squeeze

Juniors
Been to quite a number of games in Melbourne, and there is a standard proportion of fools and people behaving badly despite what Melbourne fans might like to think - and I've been to more grounds than most Storm supporters.
The thing that makes me chuckle is most Storm fans there who've never been to a game at the likes of Leichhardt, Lang Park, Brookie etc.

They're accustomed to being in the vast majority of a crowd and after catching up with a couple of Storm supporters after a visit to Leichhardt, they admitted that they thought the Storm crowds passion wasn't the be all and end all they made it out to be. They now knew what it was like to have a real home ground crowd against them.

No violence or threats and they enjoyed the banter - but they were horrified a crowd could dish it out to a visiting team so relentlessly for 80 minutes in a way most of the Melbourne crowd had no clue about since they've never traveled.

u get idiots everywhere u go and RL isn't alone in that. i had quite a fun time :roll: sitting amongst the manly scum getting belted 40 - 0 on GF day. But if u ever get a chance to go to a game like the collingwood / essendon ANZAC day game or something where the crowd is greater than the 20k on the hill, u will become quite used to giving and taking the banter.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I don't think anybody is saying that there's never been any incidents at Storm home games, they're only saying they haven't seen any which is more than feasible given you can't be at every part of the ground.

Personally myself in all my years of following the Storm i've only saw one issue in the crowd which was at AAMI against the Bulldogs from memory. No idea what happened or who caused it as it was about 50m away from our seats but there looked to be a bit of commotion in the stands which was sorted out as quick as it started.

Yep - and I never said that either. I've seen several pretty heated exchanges there and at Olympic Park. There are just as many nutters or people who've had a couple too many as anywhere else, no more, no less.

Some Storm fans have been absolute and complete arseholes without the slightest provocation, simply because another patron isn't wearing a jersey they like - just like any other home ground. Doesn't make it right, and they don't represent the majority of Storm fans, or other clubs as it happens at other grounds.

stormbati

Bench
Lol at the Storm f**ks with their woe-is-me whinge about copping it at opposition games.

I have never felt as fearful for my safety as I did last time I went to watch the Raiders at Olympic Park. Threats of violence, actual violence, beer poured over me... you name it, it happened. So no sympathy from me for you bunch of neanderthals. You reap what you sow.

Lol, you're full of it skeepe

Brutus

Referee
Waldron was leaving and going to RU. how can he be punished?

and are you slow re the spoon betting?

Police find no evidence of criminal activity around betting plunge into Melbourne's 2010 wooden spoon

So you admit Waldron wasn't punished AT ALL for what he did.

Who cares if he was going to rugby union, considering the scale of cheating he oversaw, surely he should have copped some sort of punishment? Where was the barring for life from anything to do with rugby league??? We were hearing all sorts of things about police involvement too.

Guess what??? Nothing happened.

The fact with the betting issue was there were substantial bets put on the Storm to get the spoon leading up to the announcement. There was obviously some inside knowledge, but guess what...nothing to see here folks...move along now.

So many questions remain unanswered. For such large scale rorting, there's been a lot of people untouched.

El Diablo

Post Whore
So you admit Waldron wasn't punished AT ALL for what he did.

Who cares if he was going to rugby union, considering the scale of cheating he oversaw, surely he should have copped some sort of punishment? Where was the barring for life from anything to do with rugby league??? We were hearing all sorts of things about police involvement too.

The fact with the betting issue was there were substantial bets put on the Storm to get the spoon leading up to the announcement. There was obviously some inside knowledge, but guess what...nothing to see here folks...move along now.

So many questions remain unanswered. For such large scale rorting, there's been a lot of people untouched.

you are incredibly stupid

how can they punish someone who doesn't work for them :crazy:

and why do you keep saying shit like this?

We were hearing all sorts of things about police involvement too.

something did happen you dense prick

first http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...report-to-police/story-e6frep5o-1225892117040

MELBOURNE Storm's NRL salary cap rorting will be referred to police to investigate whether fraud charges should be laid.

News Ltd chief executive and chairman John Hartigan confirmed the findings of the Deloittes report would be referred to police.

"Is it fraud? That's something for the police to decide," he said.

then after it was handed to police http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-salary-cap-case/story-e6frg7mf-1226051104697

A YEAR-LONG Victoria Police investigation has concluded with no charges being laid over Melbourne Storm NRL salary cap scandal.

and then you say this AGAIN

READ HERE FFS http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=7754655&postcount=423

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
El Diablo - please tell me who has been punished out of the whole systematic rorting scandal in Melbourne. I don't give a f**k about your News LTD links. I know you believe whatever you read in the paper, good luck to you old boy.

This was a massively huge scandal where there were "rats in the ranks". People were meant to go down. Waldron should have gone down, he didn't. I know it's highly unlikely, but there's nothing in place to stop him re-joining the RL ranks in future or any other sport for that matter.

It's funny how nothing happened.

Have a read from your favourite publication El D Another News LTD link just to get you excited http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/long-arm-of-justice-to-tackle-the-guilty/story-e6frexs0-1225892377855

Something was supposed to happen...it didn't.

Something was supposed to happen with the betting thing...it didn't.

Very strange considering all the chest-beating about people going down and the scale of deception that was alleged to have occured.

Last edited:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
you are incredibly stupid

how can they punish someone who doesn't work for them :crazy:

and why do you keep saying shit like this?

something did happen you dense prick

first http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...report-to-police/story-e6frep5o-1225892117040

then after it was handed to police http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-salary-cap-case/story-e6frg7mf-1226051104697

and then you say this AGAIN

READ HERE FFS http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=7754655&postcount=423

So all of this says that after an independant investigation, and matters handed over for a police investigation, NO charges are to be laid...and yet every man and his dog still insist the players, coaching staff, and other Storm staff not named, are all still guilty as sin. C'mon, you can't have it both ways

El Diablo

Post Whore
El Diablo - please tell me who has been punished out of the whole systematic rorting scandal in Melbourne. I don't give a f**k about your News LTD links. I know you believe whatever you read in the paper, good luck to you old boy.

so proof police investigated both incidents isn't good enough for you because they are on News Ltd sites :lol:

try this Fairfax link then dickhead Police clear Storm of salary cap fraud

Brutus

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ackle-the-guilty/story-e6frexs0-1225892377855

MELBOURNE Storm officials found guilty of criminal breaches could face up to 10 years in jail as the law enforcement net tightens around those behind the salary cap rort.
The Victorian Police fraud squad, the Tax Office and the Victorian Office of State Revenue are among the bodies set to investigate the findings of a Deloitte audit of the Storm's salary cap deceit.
Company law experts said last night a criminal investigation into possible breaches of the Corporations Act would examine whether directors - including the Storm CEO at the time of the rorts, Brian Waldron - acted with care and honesty.
Further investigations could centre on whether there had been fraud or tax evasion at the club. Company officials, players and third parties could all be affected.
On one of the club's darkest days, John Hartigan, chairman and chief executive of club owner News Limited (publisher of The Daily Telegraph), yesterday revealed the extent of the cap rorts was far greater than thought when the scandal broke in April.
He also said the company had sacked the Storm's four independent directors, who have launched legal action against the NRL over the punishment handed to the club.
Mr Hartigan has frequently named Mr Waldron as the "chief architect" of the scheme.
Total breaches by the Storm are now estimated at $3.2 million for the five years to 2010 - more than 80 per cent higher than the original $1.7 million estimate.
"The club engaged in wide-ranging and elaborate cheating and must take its medicine," Mr Hartigan said.
NRL chief David Gallop yesterday described the rorting as "a level of deception that was extraordinary".
Mr Hartigan said the club was referring the Deloitte report to Victoria Police. It is understood this will be lodged in coming days.
"There's also been interest from the Australian Tax Office and ... from the Victorian State Revenue," he said.
Any ATO inquiry could affect former Melbourne Storm management, players and some third-party companies the club arranged to "employ" and pay players.
All Storm players and most club officials from the time of the rorts did not co-operate with the Deloitte investigation. They are likely to be forced to co-operate once the police and ATO become involved.
Experts said there could also be criminal breaches leading to prison time under both the Corporations Act and tax law for Storm officials.
Professor Michael Adams, head of the University of Western Sydney's law school, said the seriousness of the allegations in the Deloitte report suggested some company officials could face jail terms if convicted.
"If you look at the Rodney Adler case, the sentence was in the five to 10 year range," he said.
"You would assume that, given the level of seriousness of possible crimes, it could be similar here."
The most obvious legal breach could come under Corporations Law provisions dealing with the need for company officials to act truthfully.
Company officers found to be "acting dishonestly" in their duties are liable for up to five years jail and a fine of up to $220,000.
Mr Adams said provisions for fraud under Victoria's Crimes Act potentially allowed for jail terms of multiple years. Tax could also be a major issue for many connected to the Storm at both a civil and criminal level.
Mr Hartigan said the damning Deloitte report found "free flights, gift vouchers, the use of fully maintained cars and so on (for players). They were either never disclosed or were written up as something else".

"A level of deception that was extraordinary"

Gee it must have been bad.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
it was investigated by police ffs

i just posted the f**king link

no charges

I know it was investigated clown and I know the result.

NRL chief David Gallop yesterday described the rorting as "a level of deception that was extraordinary".

Experts said there could also be criminal breaches leading to prison time under both the Corporations Act and tax law for Storm officials.

I really cant say much more El D.

Brutus

Referee
So they can finally pay!
Hate that they keep bringing up the players as the investigation already proved they knew nothing.

Yep.

And yet there were people who must have known a fair bit, but nothing.

Last edited: