What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pleads with Saints to move Home Final - $250k carrot

meltiger

First Grade
Imagine the following semi finals

Cronulla vs Cowboys @ SFS
Penrith vs Canberra @ Homebush
Manly vs Gold Coast @ SFS
Wests vs Warriors @ Homebush

etc. You can do different scenarios til the cows come home. Can anyone see these games breaking 20,000? !

Sometimes these games can draw 16-18k at suburban grounds. Finals footy brings in the neutrals as much so as the actual competing teams fans.

Not that I'm anything but in spport of Saints decision, but you could imagine any game involving a Sydney team having the potential to draw a 25k+ crowd

Sometimes these games can draw 16-18k at suburban grounds. Finals footy brings in the neutrals as much so as the actual competing teams fans.

Not that I'm anything but in spport of Saints decision, but you could imagine any game involving a Sydney team having the potential to draw a 25k+ crowd

If it Wests V Warriors Both team in form in finals footy would Easy crack 25K and a good chance of going over 30K

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Well I certainly wouldn't want to upset the neutrals. I mean what would happen if they didn't show up to that 1 game next year?

Having a massive crowd at the SFS would be awesome, but at the end of the day, moving it there goes against what the Dragons have worked for all year. There is no better sight than a packed jubilee, it'll look awesome on TV come Sunday. I can't wait to be apart of that crowd.

Loudstrat

Coach
I think home town finals are fine. Canberra, Newcastle, Melbourne, Gold Coast (Etihad, new stadium next year), Cowboys all have stadiums big enough and good enough to host finals games.

Dragons, Sharks, Panthers, Manly, Parramatta >>>> SFS or ANZ

Panthers v Parramatta at ANZ or SFS: lol. Take the game out of their district. Or, make it like last years qualifying finals - especially the Sharks v Storm one. If that was a week 1 game, where the hell is the need to move the game away?

This system of HGA for week 1 has worked brilliantly for a decade or so. Now there is a media beat up all of a sudden, because the Dragons are suddenly on the nose with Murdoch?

Parra got flogged, in case no one noticed. Not the scenario to fill the SFS, but if Gallop and the Tele want to bully the Dragons to the sfs, what will be their excuse when only 19k show up?