What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Dragons vs souffs

j0nesy

Bench
Duffy yes, Mann yes, but Widdop??? Whenever we need a leader on the field, Widdop goes missing, no more so than tonight.

Totally agree. It's true that Widdop played well for 75 mins. But then he cost us the game with those half arsed negative kicks into the back of his own team matesand his ultra conservative attitude.

Who was it that failed to find touch?

jay mac

Juniors
If Mary names the same side or make only one or two changes based on the last two weeks performances then he is kidding and has no idea. He must start punting players for poor performances rather than giving them 3..4..5..or 6 chances, if you perform badly you know you will be given numerous chances before you are dropped, no wonder they don't really care about how badly they play.....a big call but having sat through the last two weeks that is the only call I can make.......sigh !
He'll probably drop Dufty and Mann. I thought Dufty was outstanding tonight, all things considered, but someone's gotta take the fall and it certainly ain't gonna be McCrone or Marketo.

rasaint

Juniors
Footy can be unforgiving and I'm as smashed as anyone here on the forum.

Every team needs that once of luck or that moment in time when things go your way. We had a few and skipped ahead then Souths got theirs. Both sides tried hard, Souths line speed was far superior. We tend stand in a line and count numbers between tackles 3 to 6. We seemed to be running on empty that last 7 minutes then rallied to almost score at 80 minutes.

Dufty is an exciting player and had a good game. Jack DeB Leeson Tyson strong. Widdop was pretty good. I think people climb into him for an obvious error such as that late clearing kick. Alround was in the thick of it, saved us by tackles or intercepts on occasion. Lafai also went pretty well both attack and defence.

Chin up it hurt tonight but you never know we may come good

getsmarty

Immortal
Maybe, but the bar was set pretty low. McCrone did have one good kick I suppose. I'd certainly be dropping Widdop after his pathetic efforts.

He saved us 2 tries tonight...the intercept and the bomb he took which looked like it was going to be a Souths try. The whole team back peddle in defence are sloppy in marker defence and lack shape. Same block plays also...Give this team a decent Coach and we are a better side.

Life's Good

Coach
Totally agree. It's true that Widdop played well for 75 mins. But then he cost us the game with those half arsed negative kicks into the back of his own team matesand his ultra conservative attitude.

Who was it that failed to find touch?
From the penalty-Widdop. For the money he is on he just fails to get us in the game too often

getsmarty

Immortal
Footy can be unforgiving and I'm as smashed as anyone here on the forum.

Every team needs that once of luck or that moment in time when things go your way. We had a few and skipped ahead then Souths got theirs. Both sides tried hard, Souths line speed was far superior. We tend stand in a line and count numbers between tackles 3 to 6. We seemed to be running on empty that last 7 minutes then rallied to almost score at 80 minutes.

Dufty is an exciting player and had a good game. Jack DeB Leeson Tyson strong. Widdop was pretty good. I think people climb into him for an obvious error such as that late clearing kick. Alround was in the thick of it, saved us by tackles or intercepts on occasion. Lafai also went pretty well both attack and defence.

Chin up it hurt tonight but you never know we may come good

We have won 4 of our last 13 games...Sorry but pretty hard to keep the chin up when the same rubbish is dished up year after year and Little changes because of our Clueless Board who just re-signed our clueless coach. We have another 2 years of this to look forward to.

Old Timer

Coach
Funny old game. If we win we praise the players. If we lose we blame the coach.
I thought dufty, mann and widdop had good games.
Hard to cop that loss. Lets be honest though, the rabbits wouldn't have beaten any other team tonight.
Crush
If we played to the game plan and lose the coach owns it.
If we don't play to the game plan and we lose the coach still owns it because he keeps picking the same people who fail to deliver.
Do the players deserve some criticism of course they do but in the wash up the coach had the chance to change things and failed to do so.
Good example Frizz is busted but plays and does a mighty job.
So he has already risked him by playing him but the input by Frizz outweighed the risk but Mc Fookknuckle takes him off with the game still on the line.
That was the very moment Frizz's passion was required and the coach thought the game was all over and benched him and we lost.
The coach is just a fool.

hazzbeen

Bench
Crush
If we don't play to the game plan and we lose the coach still owns it because he keeps picking the same people who fail to deliver.
Do the players deserve some criticism of course they do but in the wash up the coach had the chance to change things and failed to do so.
So he has already risked him by playing him but the input by Frizz outweighed the risk but Mc Fookknuckle takes him off with the game still on the line.
That was the very moment Frizz's passion was required and the coach thought the game was all over and benched him and we lost.
The Coach aint a Coach ....

Funny old game. If we win we praise the players. If we lose we blame the coach.
I thought dufty, mann and widdop had good games.
Hard to cop that loss. Lets be honest though, the rabbits wouldn't have beaten any other team tonight.
That is not actually true but the Coach is where the buck stops.
If some players have a bad attitude or are not performing, the coach is the only one that has the power to drop them and bring other players into the fold.
So if there are non performers in the team and the coach does nothing about it, who's fault is it - the player who has a bad attitude or the coach who does nothing about it?
The coach is also the mentor and the motivator that can make a huge difference to a player on game day.
So while the players have to be responsible for their own performance, the coach is the fulcrum.
FG Rugby League is a serious business and no place for anointed apprentices to gain experience.
Unfortunately, that is our situation and that is why you get results like last week and today.

blacksafake

First Grade
Crush
Exactly re Friz OT
Also the fact that he replaced him with Marketo only compounds it.
Now I'm not blaming Marketo but why is he now in the team for a must win game when he hasn't been anywhere near the team all year.
The blame falls squarely on the so called coach :frowning2:

Crush

Coach
Crush
What a frustrating season. Not sure I can watch any more NRL this year. I feel like a "fair weather" fan but its just not healthy for me to be this invested in something that I have no affect over. I think that I might need to take a little break for a while, for my mental health.
Signing out for a while.
Disappointed beyond words.