What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Once Were Warriors

Great win, 2nd half ball security, game management, very few stupid plays.
Sifa, Nicho, Williams,.
Ramien aimed on RTS.
Kennedy smart plays in the in goal.

There were a few players who are lucky both Colquhoun and Uele are injured

Frenzy.

Post Whore
To be fair, did you not expect the warriors to score with 2 minutes to go with a set on our line?

I did. Burnt way too many times before, heart goes into defensive mode :)
Nope. As soon as they'd ridden the wave of emotion early they always looked like winning to me. The hint is in the Bulldogs trial. Where we saw then how they would defend this year. Now they have to stick to it and believe in it

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Just needs to put the offload away for a bit
To be fair that offload that went to ground was as much Kaufusi's problem as he gave up on the play and stood there instead of pushing up. If Herb pushes up with purpose the offload becomes a beauty.

Fine lines and all that.

Chimp

Bench
Takeaways for me;

Sifa - Is a beast, can’t believe people want him out of our team. We don’t get off our line on about 8 different sets without his utter grunt and dirty work.

Williams and Hazo - Changed the game. Slowed them down in defence, sucked them into tackles in attack. Thought Rudolph also helped with this, but not as much as these 2.

Hynes - His defence was terrific.

Starting props - Gash. Rubbish. Hunt is an impact benchie every day of the week. We lost the middle badly in that first 15.

Overall - Defence was very impressive for the last 65 mins of the game. Need to run hard and straight to start the game though, Penrith or Broncos would have put on 24 points in that first 15 against us.

SharkShocked

Bench
To be fair that offload that went to ground was as much Kaufusi's problem as he gave up on the play and stood there instead of pushing up. If Herb pushes up with purpose the offload becomes a beauty.

Fine lines and all that.
Yeaaaaah just thought it was the wrong time, too keen to throw them after all the possession against us

R-15-3

Bench
Hunt and Finucane were the only 2 that looked along way off.
Hunt may have it in him not sure Finucane does.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Yeaaaaah just thought it was the wrong time, too keen to throw them after all the possession against us

Well it did turn to shit as it happens. Just saying that like many errors there are contributors. Like Williams dropped ball. That was a crap pass from Hynes, low and hard, to a rampaging middle. I was surprised Willy wasn't burnt at the stake for that one

Latest posts