What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Once Were Warriors

They have no idea of the feel of the game I used to ref touch for years actually the Lam's and Hodges for a while.
If they keep the rules simple, the players and the refs actually get it to flow.
Otherwise is becomes like rugby yawn union, too technical and penalties everywhere.
The attacker being tackled in the air is a hard one to rule on, for safety, you could say have to tackle whilst contesting ball but it's hard to judge
you would have reffed me, i played on one of those sides you mentioned

yeah clint, justin would scoot and clint would mow him down with ease
I would be like Holy F*ck when Clint took off, I was impressed that could keep within reasonable distance.

Quality games, problem was both teams were so much better then rest of the comp, when you guys played others the penalty count went up, as other teams couldn't keep up.

One plus I must have been going ok, as I would be asked to ref the games, which meant I was shot by end of that game, and other refs cruising in slower games.

That Kedron field was bad though

Rewatching the game.

The tackle from Kennedy on Ford, reminded the of the one by Barba on Creagh, right on the goal line

Frenzy.

Immortal
Rewatching the game.

The tackle from Kennedy on Ford, reminded the of the one by Barba on Creagh, right on the goal line
Probably better because Creagh was...................well Creagh. Ford can play. Nicho stopped him as well at the back end of the game. Mitch Healey style

Just finished re watching the game, you can take it in much more
Few interesting standouts
If we take away that first 15 minutes, which Fitz will be all over them about anyway

Just game 1

Kennedy - Defence great, but also cleanup in goal, he is now reading where the ball will go, also the 4th tackle hit ups, and there 1 was play which I can see paying dividends, he goes to hit it up quick offload to Hazelton, if Hazelton gets through line at any time Kennedy there and gone.

Talakai - already been discussed.

Mulitalo/Katoa - They made right decisions each time

Ramien - He shut RTS down, he can do this each week, next week he does it to Crichton.

Trindall - Could have been missed twice he cleaned up in goal chased back to ground the ball, no way would Moyza have done that, if he doesn't do it possible try.

Trindall/Nicho - I am seeing there bombs it must be a Fitz call getting them to land within 10 of sideline, do that the opposition will burn a few tackles to get away from it, there is going to be days when this goes out on the full.

Kaufisi/Hunt - Not sure if they are starters, Kaufisi was a bench player at Eels and it worked for him, Hunt just needs to run the ball, and not even worry about passing.

Wilton/Nikora - rang strongly and tackled well

McInness/Williams - There strength leg speed after a quick play the ball they make 10 straight up the guts

Hazelton - He added a difference straight up the middle

Rudolf - I liked the change made here, he is getting to ground faster, when he would get pushed back in years past he would get too upright running into defence he would lose ground slow play the ball, this way on stomach up and away

Finucane - Very limited minutes he looks like he is behind in speed, does not look fit, I just hope the game has not past him by this quick

The other takle was the Warriors threw at lot us in attack, they came at us and we held strong.

AFB will be an asset next year

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wow that’s a deep cut for memory burn - The Night Owls single from that era of LRB was respectable for mind, might be my current state of repair talking though
Any LRB is a deep cut for memory burn. 70s & 80s.

I need a nana nap