What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Origin 2

Craigshark

First Grade
Klein was an absolute disgrace in the 2nd half, an absolute disgrace! He cannot be given game 3.

The bunker, or lack of, was a welcome change - but that QLD try in the corner would 100% have been scratched off for the obstruction on Moses in the NRL. Ridiculous double standard by the NRL and officials.

As for the blues, as others have said, and I said after game 1, NSW need a traditional 7, with a good long kicking game - Nicho is erratic, which kind of works for us and our style, but it’s not good enough in the rep arena, especially with relatively short camps - his style needs his teammates to have had hours and hours of training reps with him, to get to know when he’s likely to zig and when he’s likely to zag - you just can’t get that cohesion in a short rep camp.

My man of the match was Angus Crichton - he’s an absolute beauty. He’d be a lovely addition to the black, white and blue…. Has some real mongrel, but can also play.

The 2 Manly plodders in NSW team are entirely replaceable.

crichton is an absolute weapon when he is in form. I still hold hope Wilton will reach that level.

You currently recording? Or is this for future recording?
Future. Starting up in a month, just demoing roughly 30 songs and seeing what the plan becomes.
I also bought a real cheapie Artist Thinline tele. Surprisingly this sounds and plays particularly well for $329.
I've already got a few very good guitars the best being a '65 SG Junior, so having a couple of cheapies around for a different take in the process will be good to gauge

DJDL

Bench
Future. Starting up in a month, just demoing roughly 30 songs and seeing what the plan becomes.
I also bought a real cheapie Artist Thinline tele. Surprisingly this sounds and plays particularly well for $329.
I've already got a few very good guitars the best being a '65 SG Junior, so having a couple of cheapies around for a different take in the process will be good to gauge

I love the thinline Teles. Always wanted one.
Looking forward to hearing your next batch of songs, whatever you come up with.

Craigshark

First Grade
At the hands of Moses. I’m not sure the result is anywhere near that with NH running the team.

at the hands of the nsw forward pack and a fullback running hard and straight getting their sets off to a good start with a good quick play the ball. NSW won the collision and tackles 1,2 and 3 and Moses played perfectly off the back of it. Most halfbacks including nicho would have.

Weaponhead

Coach
at the hands of the nsw forward pack and a fullback running hard and straight getting their sets off to a good start with a good quick play the ball. NSW won the collision and tackles 1,2 and 3 and Moses played perfectly off the back of it. Most halfbacks including nicho would have.
The issue for Nicho is that we will probably never know what he could do at this level with a pack that aimed up and a centre who didn't get sent off.

He is going to have to win a comp to get back in the mix. He will be 4th choice half/five eighth at best now.

DJDL

Bench
You could mount a fair argument that for large chunks of SOO I the forwards did the same.

Nicho and Luai just didn’t take their opportunities.

I can’t stand Moses as much as the next guy, but his performance last night was streets ahead of Nicho.

Craigshark

First Grade
You could mount a fair argument that for large chunks of SOO I the forwards did the same.

Nicho and Luai just didn’t take their opportunities.

I can’t stand Moses as much as the next guy, but his performance last night was streets ahead of Nicho.

there’s no denying Moses played a lot better.. but talk about kick a guy when he’s down with nicho. I would have loved to have seen what Moses had done in game 1 given the circumstances. Also interested to see how he goes in game 3 up there.

a few of you loved jumping on board the nicho hype train when he was killing it at the beginning of the season, now it’s all doom and gloom. Him getting back to his best is our best shot at having a crack at this wide open comp.

fizman

Bench
I love you all immensely, but the words Nicho and Origin shouldn’t be used in the same sentence. Nicho is not built for high pressure situations which is why in my opinion, we are nowhere new being a Premiership team.

In fact, I would swap Bent Hunt (Cronulla Supporter as a kid) for Nicho. Of course that won’t be happening, but we are way off from being a Premiership contender.

The changes for NSW were excellent, but of course we know they will get beaten in Brisbane, probably by the reverse score 38-18.