What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day Thread Round 22 v The Wahs Friday 2nd August 6pm AEST

EelEtric

Juniors
Tries were basically scored down our left edge after the ref played his last card and sent Tago to the bin, had to space differently and wider on the left and Warriors had some luck when they attacked there, not a lot Gutho could do.

Penalty count was one sided, and first try came after a strange penalty for a so called late tackle when the Warrior played rolled out of a Carty tackle and was free on the ground. The Warriors scored in that next set.
The sinbinning was a bunker decision. Ref had already decided penalty only.

King-Gutho94

Coach
That was a solid performance. Nothing more.
Our defensive structure was very good. Sliding for a change rather than up and out which always leaves us short.
We also simplified our attack and kept errors to a minimum. Most of our errors of late have come from forcing the play, and the few that did come tonight were for the same reason. Thankfully we minimized that.

Tonight showed that we have the bones of a decent squad when our mentality and discipline is on song. Which is why this season has been so disappointing. The talent has been there. The desire and passion have not been.

In saying all that, the Warriors were the worst team that we have played all season. They were absolutely abysmal.
I'd be disappointed if we hadn't beaten them.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. Let's just avoid that spoon. Please.
Seemed like the Kiwis especially in Drown and Asi were actually focused and determined to play well in front of family of friends.

The Warriors well yeah last night i reckon just sums them up In there 30 year existence. Hot and cold.

They can beat anyone and lose to anyone on there day. And there the type of team like us that can lose to cellar dwellers with all to play for.

TheRam

Coach
Great win, fantastic performance from the outset really.

It's amazing what difference it makes when you put in some effort.

For mine It's never been about ability with this mob, it's always been their application. Fix the application and you fix the results fairly easily. Our application has been appalling since Moses got injured after Round 3.

Having said that, the Warriors appear to have resumed normal transmission and last year was obviously a one-year wonder. They really need to have a long hard look at themselves. They were pretty inept most of the night.

When most of you here were predicting the Warriors to make the semis again and be a real force this season I posted that I didn't think that they would make that 8.

People just don't get it. The Warriors are the NZ version of us. We have been lucky that we have had a very good halves combination and a decent roster around them that has allowed us to make the semis consistently over the last few years even though we had a pretty average coach at the helm.

But as soon as we had a disruption in the halves this year and last the rest of the squad being as mentally piss weak as they are they all just fell apart.

The Warriors are exactly the same. Mentally piss weak and I couldn't see Shaun Johnson backing up what he did at his age 2 seasons in a row. He just isn't up to it and has never been that kind of a consistent player. So in my mind I felt that all it would take for a mentally weak team like the Warriors was, with all the back slapping and idolizing of the Wahs both by fans and the media, for the squad to just ease off on doing the extras and hard yards in the off season just that little bit that a content and happy with themselves squad can easily do and Johnson's predictable yoyoing form and or injury. Add to that the loss of Addin Fonua Blake to the Sharks for next season and the possible unrest that that would cause and hey presto...no top 8.

King-Gutho94

Coach
When most of you here were predicting the Warriors to make the semis again and be a real force this season I posted that I didn't think that they would make that 8.

People just don't get it. The Warriors are the NZ version of us. We have been lucky that we have had a very good halves combination and a decent roster around them that has allowed us to make the semis consistently over the last few years even though we had a pretty average coach at the helm.

But as soon as we had a disruption in the halves this year and last the rest of the squad being as mentally piss weak as they are they all just fell apart.

The Warriors are exactly the same. Mentally piss weak and I couldn't see Shaun Johnson backing up what he did at his age 2 seasons in a row. He just isn't up to it and has never been that kind of a consistent player. So in my mind I felt that all it would take for a mentally weak team like the Warriors was, with all the back slapping and idolizing of the Wahs both by fans and the media, for the squad to just ease off on doing the extras and hard yards in the off season just that little bit that a content and happy with themselves squad can easily do and Johnson's predictable yoyoing form and or injury. Add to that the loss of Addin Fonua Blake to the Sharks for next season and the possible unrest that that would cause and hey presto...no top 8.
100%

I didn't have them in my 8 for majority of reasons you have said.

They had a soft draw last year and struggle to back up from good seasons.

They have made finals just twice since 2011.

And Shaun Johnson was never going to repeat what he did last year.

I think it also reinforces what a soft finals series it was last year you had teams like Warriors, Knights, Raiders all make it but were never premiership threats to Penrith.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Josh Aloiai labels Joe Ofahengaue a grub after ‘squirrel grip’ allegation
Parramatta’s Joe Ofahengaue was placed on report for a “squirrel grip” on Friday night and a rival forward has jumped onto social media to suggest the Eels enforcer has form in the area

.Manly prop Josh Aloiai has taken aim at Parramatta’s Joe Ofahengaue labelling him a “grub” after the Eels forward was placed on report for a “squirrel grip”.

Just moments after Ofahengaue was penalised for the tackle, Aloiai took to his Instagram to fire a short at the former Maroons forward.

“Joe doing what he does best,” Aloiai posted. “Grub.”

1722647095809.png

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
funny how when we win its 9 pages but if we lose its 30 pages the next morning, no scapegoats to talk about this morning

I wonder how much of this turn around is due to TBaz transforming the team over the last month or so, Warriors are a much better team at home although they were poor last night

If defense is more about attitude, how did he get the likes of Asi and Talagi to all of a sudden be able to defend ?

He must have also stuck a rocket up Lane, he actually looked like a player last night

TheRam

Coach
Surely there’s some sort of cutting edge treatment we can send Gutho overseas for in the off-season. Didn’t seem to be moving great in the last few tries they scored. Maybe his brother in law can donate his knees

I have posted about this before, but this place(Emcell) is literally the only place on earth that do these type of stem cells therapy and if people took the time to see what they have actually achieved most would surely think it is nothing short of miraculous. I wish all our players would just go and get this as a booster let a lone when they have injuries. Like I said there is no other place on earth that does it. Even other science labs around the world have stated that fetal stem cells are superior to all other types and some labs are trying to artificially synthesise them because, one they then can claim the copy right and secondly they would then get around all the controversy and legalities of using real fetal stem cells and the ban that the western world has put on them.

Note: The only fetal stem cells that are used are between 7 and 12 weeks old that have been of discarded through early termination. They are not embryonic stem cell. This is a very specific and important distinction. There are health and major moral issues in using embryonic stem cells, of which I also would have an issue with. Not so with fetal stem cells. But it is all explained in detail in the video and in many of Eric Merola's numerous other podcasts and videos.

But synthesising something like this is fraught with danger and as has been the case so far in testing and besides why synthesis something that is perfectly designed naturally and is so effective with no harmful side effects after over 30 years of use and great results and constantly advancing as they develop even better new technics in using them?

Yes I know it is hard to go to the Ukraine at present, but people are still travelling from all over the world to go to this clinic that's how good it is. It just means that they need to go to Poland first and then coach or train into Ukraine/Kiev. The fighting is not anywhere near Kiev(it is happening in the South-East) so there is no real danger. If anyone wants to know more on this just go to Eric Merola's youtube channel and he even gives out his email address for anyone to contacts him with any questions they may have on the treatments or how to get to Ukraine at present or anything else on the subject. I believe he is going himself again this month(August) and he has been meeting up with other people that are getting treatments and they train or coach it together.

Anyway someone like Gutho who has chronic knee issues I feel would benefit immensely from this treatment. It may actually even restore his knees like new again. I really believe this. I just want to make it clear, I am not in anyway connected or gain any monetary or other type of inducements or anything from anyone or any organisation. I am simply stating what I believe after years of following stem cell developments and research due to, as I have previously posted, how my former partner suffered from Huntington's.

Anyway I hope this can be of help to anyone suffering from a medical condition that they have been living with and has caused them pain and suffering. Cheers

Gronk

Staff member
Josh Aloiai labels Joe Ofahengaue a grub after ‘squirrel grip’ allegation
Parramatta’s Joe Ofahengaue was placed on report for a “squirrel grip” on Friday night and a rival forward has jumped onto social media to suggest the Eels enforcer has form in the area

.Manly prop Josh Aloiai has taken aim at Parramatta’s Joe Ofahengaue labelling him a “grub” after the Eels forward was placed on report for a “squirrel grip”.

Just moments after Ofahengaue was penalised for the tackle, Aloiai took to his Instagram to fire a short at the former Maroons forward.

“Joe doing what he does best,” Aloiai posted. “Grub.”

View attachment 91970

Is that Josh the homophobic spear tackler ?

1722649406766.jpeg

hindy111

Post Whore
funny how when we win its 9 pages but if we lose its 30 pages the next morning, no scapegoats to talk about this morning

I wonder how much of this turn around is due to TBaz transforming the team over the last month or so, Warriors are a much better team at home although they were poor last night

If defense is more about attitude, how did he get the likes of Asi and Talagi to all of a sudden be able to defend ?

He must have also stuck a rocket up Lane, he actually looked like a player last night

Haha. Not much traffic hey.My VIP chat group had over 250 messages. We also had a group bet for shits and giggles.
Lussick to score and Parra to win 1-12. Paying 38-1. That will go towards our Christmas party.
And by the way. You're not invited.

Latest posts